since the bible is perfect

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
the theology of born again that
once saved is always saved

maybe they are right since
the father is in the son the son in the father the son can be in you and you in the son so you are connected to the father you can know you are saved if God let's you

what do you think @amadeus
i know you do not believe i also do not before but i am an open minded person i am welcome to new ideas or to ideas

but i still reject trinity hundred percent cause i found a concrete evidence that leads to killing the entirety of trinity theory it then sets me free

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@stredaleve
I believe the Bible to be perfectly written by those who were initially inspired by God to write it.

But then... who among us today understands it perfectly?

the father is in the son the son in the father the son can be in you and you in the son so you are connected to the father you can know you are saved if God let's you
They are likely right in the sense that at a certain point some people have actually finally truly repented for the last things standing between them and God. Remember that repenting means more than simply saying you're sorry or than even being sorry. Repentance means a reversal of direction. If a person says that he repented but then goes back into his same sinful ways, did he really?

"But what think ye? A certain man had two sons; and he came to the first, and said, Son, go work to day in my vineyard.
He answered and said, I will not: but afterward he repented, and went.
And he came to the second, and said likewise. And he answered and said, I go, sir: and went not.
Whether of them twain did the will of his father? They say unto him, The first. Jesus saith unto them, Verily I say unto you, That the publicans and the harlots go into the kingdom of God before you." Matt 21:28-31

However, I do not believe that most people who say that they can never lose their salvation really know that. Do they even believe it? Some, I am sure, certainly do! This is why God, not I nor you, should be passing judgement on them... nor they on us.

Anyone can say he is saved and can now never be lost. To know [versus believe] such a thing, I believe, would not come to a person by applying human logic. It would come from God. A person may only know the truth a matter of God if God has revealed it to him.

I don't believe God has given most who claim unlosable salvation such a revelation.

Of course, that is what I believe. What do I know? God is the One who always knows!

i know you do not believe i also do not before but i am an open minded person i am welcome to new ideas or to ideas

but i still reject trinity hundred percent cause i found a concrete evidence that leads to killing the entirety of trinity theory it then sets me free
I have never truly been a believer in the trinity since God drew me to Him in 1976. What transpired before that is long ago and far away. I have some good, [and bad] memories of those times, but what of my beliefs for those times? I was Catholic and for years, I believe, a good Catholic, but some here will say ignorantly, it seems, that nothing Catholic is good. That is not true.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How does Mat 24:13 play in Stred? May I ask you to define the term saved

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think this is overstated. The 66 books from different authors written in a variety of times reflect their strengths and limitations. Limitations Jesus came to straighten out.....and he did. The straightening showed up the limitations. Understanding this opens the scriptures in ways which allows for the poorer view of OT writers.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
However, I do not believe that most people who say that they can never lose their salvation really know that. Do they even believe it? Some, I am sure, certainly do! This is why God, not I nor you, should be passing judgement on them... nor they on us.
right
How does Mat 24:13 play in Stred? May I ask you to define the term saved
Matthew 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

the person who endured till the end that same person will be saved
I think this is overstated. The 66 books from different authors written in a variety of times reflect their strengths and limitations. Limitations Jesus came to straighten out.....and he did. The straightening showed up the limitations. Understanding this opens the scriptures in ways which allows for the poorer view of OT writers.
why would God let that to happen?
that's why the bible is perfect
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

it's like you are saying that the death of christ shouldn't have happened based on my understanding that i really cannot speak in any language that can be pronounce but the language only God understand the language of mind it's like speaking in tongues with no interpreter it's there in the mind but cannot explain for any creature to understand

don't you think that the bible is made this way to achieve perfection it may not be in the eyes of men but isn't this the will of God the bible has been made this way because it is the will of God really cannot explain do not know how in any language that can be spoken

Reactions: amadeus

Lifelong_sinner

Sep 21, 2021
Somewhere in time
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS is Biblical, the Trinity is Biblical. You can deny OSAS and still be saved, but im not so sure about denying the Trinity and still being saved. Denying Jesus is God is questionable.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Here is the correct understanding of ........>OSAS....which is actually Eternal Life.

OSAS.....means this, ....... "Jesus who saved you, Keeps you SAVED".

See that? ""KEEPS YOU SAVED"".

Who Keeps you SAVED?

A.) JESUS

That is = OSAS
That is Eternal Life.

= "Jesus KEEPS you saved".

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
the Bible is the inerrant word of God. It is without error in all matters, and is necessary to learn God’s will for us in life.
I think the testimony of the Scriptures themselves say they are to make us wise unto Salvation. This does not mean there are no issues (contradictions) with what has been written down.
These are not insurmountable to the best of my knowledge when one understands the mindset of Hebrew culture ie, their way of seeing.

Jesus corrected many of their views so now we have a reference point we can use to clarify their misunderstandings.

To say the actual writings of the scriptures are without error can only be said through ignorance and further enquiry is needed.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
To say the actual writings of the scriptures are without error can only be said through ignorance and further enquiry is needed.

The "Scriptures" are the word of God.
To say they are "error' is the fruit of an unbelieving heart that denies the Truth.

What does a bible denier, have in common with the Devil?
Both deny the word of God is true. Both seek to cast doubt on the word of God.

Trying to cast doubt on the word of God is the Devil's work.

Reactions: Jim B

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
But where can a person get the necessary theological correctness other than from God Himself?

From an anointed Teacher.
And regarding how to find that person...
You will discover them as you listen to them, and God gives you the revelation.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From an anointed Teacher.
And regarding how to find that person...
You will discover them as you listen to them, and God gives you the revelation.
Yes, God anoints teachers to help people, but sometimes the anointed, like King Saul, do go astray. So, then it is necessary to do more than follow a human teacher blindly. Paul said: "Follow me as I follow Christ".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, God anoints teachers to help people, but sometimes the anointed, like King Saul, do go astray. So, then it is necessary to do more than follow a human teacher blindly. Paul said: "Follow me as I follow Christ".

Saul didnt have the Holy Spirit in Him.
He was not born again.

Also, there is the "5 fold ministry"......Apostles, prophets, TEACHERS"...

See that? "Teachers"...
This is a called anointed "teacher"...>Its a GIFT......Its not the same thing as going to seminary and getting degrees.
Why?
Because you can do all that, and not be a "Teacher", tho, many who are not called do Teach.
Nothing wrong with that.......its a good work.
But, a "teacher", is called ......they are a "set apart one".....its a divine call.
They dont control it, they just do it... because God has put this in them.
Find that person, and you can always tell, .......because their words strike you differently.
That is the anointing.

How to spot a real one?
They will always give Christ all the credit due Him, for Salvation.
They will never suggest or teach that anything but the BLooD of JESUS< is why you are saved, and why you remain saved.
And the other way you can tell.....is that they always seem to be talking to you.
That is the Holy Spirit, in the word of the Teacher.

Reactions: Mantis

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saul didnt have the Holy Spirit in Him.
He was not born again.

Also, there is the "5 fold ministry"......Apostles, prophets, TEACHERS"...

See that? "Teachers"...
This is a called anointed "teacher"...>Its a GIFT......Its not the same thing as going to seminary and getting degrees.
Why?
Because you can do all that, and not be a "Teacher", tho, many who are not called do Teach.
Nothing wrong with that.......its a good work.
But, a "teacher", is called ......they are a "set apart one".....its a divine call.
They dont control it, they just do it... because God has put this in them.
Find that person, and you can always tell, .......because their words strike you differently.
That is the anointing.

How to spot a real one?
They will always give Christ all the credit due Him, for Salvation.
They will never suggest or teach that anything but the BLooD of JESUS< is why you are saved, and why you remain saved.
And the other way you can tell.....is that they always seem to be talking to you.
That is the Holy Spirit, in the word of the Teacher.
Poor Saul then? Or poor me, or poor you, or poor anyone, walking without, or while quenching, the Spirit of God!

In your last sentence is the one we can count on... "the Holy Spirit".

Give God the glory!