SinSinSin...RepentRepentRepent...YackYackYack...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Ministry of the Twelve
…And He sent them out to proclaim the kingdom of God and to heal the sick. Take nothing for the journey, He told them, “no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no second tunic. Whatever house you enter, stay there until you leave that area.

I don't know who it was, I think it was John Lake.....booked on a ship to go to Africa, when walking onto the ship he still did not have the money to pay for the ticket. Yet, somehow, out of the blue, someone gave him money..... That's God at work.

Does a ministry need money in order to operate?
Yes, it does.
But it all takes common sense.....

I have heard about some preachers not willing to come to an event and preach, unless there's a certain amount of money paid upfront.

Some preach God "will supply our need" and start asking for money.
Amazing contradictions at work in Christian circles.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Blood Bought 1953,

I just want to say that you calling me a "Tare" is hurtful.

I know whom I have believed and I know that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.

Please forgive me for taking you up on your challenge. I do not believe that if someone who is truly born again, hits themselves on the thumb with a hammer, lets out a curse word, and then immediately dies afterward, will go to hell. But I also believe that those who are truly born again will bear the fruit of the Spirit so that it is less likely that someone who is born again is going to do that than for someone who is not born again.

I took you up on your challenge because I thought that it was a good challenge and I considered that if there was Bible to refute your position I would be able to find it. I did find it. But when I posted what I found, I was not rewarded as you promised to reward me; rather I was rewarded with a continual blot on my name by you that I am teaching a "FALSE and PERVERTED" gospel.

This is not the case. I strive to be certain that what I teach is biblical and according to the grace of God; seasoned with salt, so that I may know how to answer every man.

I do believe that your idea that repentance is not an essential factor in a man being saved is in fact a "FALSE and PERVERTED" gospel...and that it makes you the "Tare" in this situation; whether you realize that or not.

I say these things with sadness in my heart.

Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41, and Matthew 13:41-42 tell us that workers of iniquity will be cast into the furnace of fire.

So, tell me, how does one cease to be a worker of iniquity except they repent?

Whether repentance comes as a catalyst for receiving the grace of God, or whether a man repents because he has tasted of the grace of God, is not the issue. The reality is that without repentance a man will not be saved. Workers of iniquity will be cast into the furnace of fire (Matthew 7:23, Matthew 25:41, Matthew 13:41-42). Those who repent and give their hearts to Christ in full surrender will experience eternal pleasures at God's right hand (Psalms 16:11).

Now you can call this a "FALSE and PERVERTED" gospel all you want; but it will not change the fact that this gospel is faithful and true.

Fact of the matter is, you have three fingers pointing back at you when you say that I am preaching a "FALSE and PERVERTED" gospel.

(and again, I say these things with sadness in my heart)...

Because your gospel, that denies the necessity of repentance in the salvation process, is indeed "FALSE and PERVERTED" and the fact that you preach it makes you a "Tare".

Last edited:

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you love Jesus, you will keep His Commandments -- and surrendering to sin when tempted is NOT His commandment.

Jesus said:

John 14
[21] He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
[22] Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
[24] He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
152_a.jpg

You need to learn the apostle's teaching...and ditch your truncated view of Christianity.
John is seen as the sanctified believer. - I am sanctified!
Ringo is seen as the respectable saint. - I may not be perfect but I am a good person.
Paul is seen as the humble disciple. - Okay, there is nothing good in my old nature.
George is seen as the dead man. - "Unless you deny self, take up your cross and follow me, you are not worthy of Me!"
This is the Father's road of exaltation, a "crosswalk," if you will. :)
When did The Beatles have to do with it? Don't recall any of them claiming to be Christian.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When did The Beatles have to do with it? Don't recall any of them claiming to be Christian.
upload_2020-12-26_18-11-29.png
I see the sovereignty of God in this.
Have you ever heard the saying, "You can't see the forest for the trees?"

Last edited by a moderator: