SinSinSin...RepentRepentRepent...YackYackYack...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is a bad thing.....sometimes a Terrible thing....duh. After a person Repents, that is, “ changes his mind” from “SELF TRUST” to “JESUS TRUST” he is Saved.So much for that.
As we established earlier , sin is bad.....any sin hurts others, hurts ourselves and displeases God On Account Of that Hurt.
However, too many “confused” Christians ....too many “poorly taught” Christians seem to live their lives Dwelling on the subject of Sin....something that God took care of for you, if you are a Believer in Jesus.If you are a Believer, God has Promised to Firgive you for all of your sins.....past ,present , and future.....He promised to take your sins and toss them into the “ deepest depths of the sea”.Your sins are as far removed from His sight as “ The East is from the West” And don’t tell anybody , but the Topper to all of this is that when the Accuser stands before you and God and tries to bring up all of your sins to God so that you can join him in Hell and get what you justly deserve , God is gonna say, “ What Sins? I don’t remember them!” Surprise! It’s just like Promised ! Saved “ To The Uttermost!”
So, in light all of these great Promises, the concern for Sin certainly has its place , but I know that ever since I became “A New Creation in Christ Jesus” , RESTING in paul’s Gospel of Grace Plus Nothing , I have become MUCH more “ SON” conscience “ as opposed to “SIN” Conscience
God’s Assurance Of Salvation for all Believers and His Amazing Grace , once fully recognized and internalized , so Out- Shadows everything else , I find myself delivered from the Baby World existence of sin ...repent.....sin ....repent, ad nauseam, keeping my eyes
on Myself instead of keeping my eyes on Him.....
A life devoted to Sin-Maitainence as opposed to Son Appreciation shows a lack of confidence in the Plan Of God for His Children , simply put, it shows a lack of Faith . It’s a Paradox, but nevertheless it is True......the More I keep my eyes on Him and HIS Performance, not being so Obsessed with “ my” pitiful Performance —- the Better my Performance becomes .Christianity is kinda “ crazy “ like that.....Full Of Paradoxes—— you go up by going down......you become first by being last....I am finding that the less I worry about sin the better job I do Of not Sinning .....hmmmm... I wonder if God knew that long before I did......God bless...

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After a person Repents, that is, “ changes his mind” from “SELF TRUST” to “JESUS TRUST”

I’ll stop reading here.

Repent is to show regret and sorrow after one comes to realize the evil they have done.

"I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle." (Jeremiah 8:6)

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is a bad thing.....sometimes a Terrible thing....duh.

Indeed it is (Romans 6:23).

After a person Repents, that is, “ changes his mind” from “SELF TRUST” to “JESUS TRUST” he is Saved.So much for that.

Yes, indeed. That is a basic (John 3:16).

However, too many “confused” Christians ....too many “poorly taught” Christians seem to live their lives Dwelling on the subject of Sin....something that God took care of for you, if you are a Believer in Jesus.

Indeed He did...He justified us with His blood from all sin (Romans 5:9).

If you are a Believer, God has Promised to Forgive you for all of your sins.....past ,present , and future...

Yes (Romans 4:8, Romans 8:38-39, Hebrews 9:12).

..He promised to take your sins and toss them into the “ deepest depths of the sea”.

Again, correct (Micah 7:19).

Your sins are as far removed from His sight as “ The East is from the West”

Correct yet again (Psalms 103:12).

And don’t tell anybody , but the Topper to all of this is that when the Accuser stands before you and God and tries to bring up all of your sins to God so that you can join him in Hell and get what you justly deserve , God is gonna say, “ What Sins? I don’t remember them!”

Most definitely (1 John 2:1, Micah 7:19, Hebrews 8:12, Hebrews 10:17).

So, in light all of these great Promises, the concern for Sin certainly has its place , but I know that ever since I became “A New Creation in Christ Jesus” , RESTING in paul’s Gospel of Grace Plus Nothing , I have become MUCH more “ SON” conscience “ as opposed to “SIN” Conscience
God’s Assurance Of Salvation for all Believers and His Amazing Grace , once fully recognized and internalized , so Out- Shadows everything else , I find myself delivered from the Baby World existence of sin ...repent.....sin ....repent, ad nauseam, keeping my eyes
on Myself instead of keeping my eyes on Him.....

And again, you are correct in saying that we are to be conscious of the Lord more than conscious of our iniquities (Hebrews 10:2).

A life devoted to Sin-Maitainence as opposed to Son Appreciation shows a lack of confidence in the Plan Of God for His Children , simply put, it shows a lack of Faith .

Such are still being tutored by their schoolmaster (Galatians 3:24-25, Galatians 4:1-7)

...the More I keep my eyes on Him and HIS Performance, not being so Obsessed with “ my” pitiful Performance —- the Better my Performance becomes .

Now, here, it may be that you are mistaken. For in ignoring the law even your prayer shall become an abomination (Proverbs 28:9).

And the law is a mirror that shows us that we still need the Saviour (Romans 3:20).

And the Saviour came to save us from our sins (Matthew 1:21); not just their penalty but their power and practice.

Whoever looks into the perfect law of liberty and abides in it, being not a forgetful hearer but a doer of what is right, shall be blessed in what he does (James 1:25).

Christianity is kinda “ crazy “ like that.....Full Of Paradoxes—— you go up by going down......you become first by being last....I am finding that the less I worry about sin the better job I do Of not Sinning .....hmmmm... I wonder if God knew that long before I did......God bless...

It may be that when we stop "worrying about sin", we become less aware of the sin in our lives (which does not mean that it isn't there, just that we aren't dealing with it properly). We are not walking in the light as He is in the light. For by the law is the knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20). So the law is a light that scrutinizes our every behaviour when we subject our lives to the light of the law (Proverbs 6:23, Isaiah 8:20).

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Godly Repentance

2 Cor 7
yet now I am happy, not because you were made sorry, but because your sorrow led you to repentance. For you became sorrowful as God intended and so were not harmed in any way by us. 10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. 11 See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done

hope this helps !!!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed it is (Romans 6:23).

Yes, indeed. That is a basic (John 3:16).

Indeed He did...He justified us with His blood from all sin (Romans 5:9).

Yes (Romans 4:8, Romans 8:38-39, Hebrews 9:12).

Again, correct (Micah 7:19).

Correct yet again (Psalms 103:12).

Most definitely (1 John 2:1, Micah 7:19, Hebrews 8:12, Hebrews 10:17).

And again, you are correct in saying that we are to be conscious of the Lord more than conscious of our iniquities (Hebrews 10:2).

Such are still being tutored by their schoolmaster (Galatians 3:24-25, Galatians 4:1-7)

Now, here, it may be that you are mistaken. For in ignoring the law even your prayer shall become an abomination (Proverbs 28:9).

And the law is a mirror that shows us that we still need the Saviour (Romans 3:20).

And the Saviour came to save us from our sins (Matthew 1:21); not just their penalty but their power and practice.

Whoever looks into the perfect law of liberty and abides in it, being not a forgetful hearer but a doer of what is right, shall be blessed in what he does (James 1:25).

It may be that when we stop "worrying about sin", we become less aware of the sin in our lives (which does not mean that it isn't there, just that we aren't dealing with it properly). We are not walking in the light as He is in the light. For by the law is the knowledge of sin (Romans 3:20). So the law is a light that scrutinizes our every behaviour when we subject our lives to the light of the law (Proverbs 6:23, Isaiah 8:20).
What Law are you referring to, dietary, sacrificial....... etc.......,,,,,,,?

Reactions: Helen and Nancy

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does it kill?

Might it be beneficial in accomplishing what is written in Romans 8:13?
The way it kills is by the reader trying to justify himself in the performance of it, and not looking to Christ whom says he alone is the one that has justified all. I believe about eleven time in the book you quoted.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My opinion, is the letter kills.

Yep. God has done a heart surgery on us and we live by the Spirit...no longer words engraved in stone as, they are now engraved on the lining of our hearts. We no longer plod around carrying our sin like a sack of bricks. We can be free to easily choose to do right by Him. We have a new heart and it's all in the DNA of Christ, Amen?

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep. God has done a heart surgery on us and we live by the Spirit...no longer words engraved in stone as, they are now engraved on the lining of our hearts. We no longer plod around carrying our sin like a sack of bricks. We can be free to easily choose to do right by Him. We have a new heart and it's all in the DNA of Christ, Amen?
ditto the Master Surgeon

Reactions: Nancy

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The way it kills is by the reader trying to justify himself in the performance of it, and not looking to Christ whom says he alone is the one that has justified all. I believe about eleven time in the book you quoted.
So, if the righteousness of the law is fulfilled in us because we walk not after the flesh but after the Spirit, does that mean that we have tried to justify ourselves through law-keeping?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

But don't throw out ALL law, and believe in lawlessness. Actually Paul is talking about Covenants, and the life-changing difference between head knowledge only (Old Covenant) trying to be kept with a carnal nature in opposition to the laws; and spirit knowledge, the laws written on our hearts Jeremiah 31:31-34, where the laws are now part of our new nature, called being born again. The sin nature must die, being nailed to the cross. This is literal, not theological. Theological is still only head knowledge. We can't change by ourselves. Jesus is the only One who through the Holy Spirit can kill the old nature we want destroyed, and create a new nature that partakes of the divine nature of God. It is real. It is supernatural, and we can't do it, just want it.

Last edited:

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sin is a bad thing.....sometimes a Terrible thing....duh. After a person Repents, that is, “ changes his mind” from “SELF TRUST” to “JESUS TRUST” he is Saved....

he is saved after he is born again. and just what do people trust Jesus for, to fulfill their expectations? get that promotion, be healed from your cancer? like Joel Osteen preaches.

and do you think one instantly conforms to the new life that's in them? its a prosses which does involve much repenting. until your dyeing day.

Reactions: Nancy

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
he is saved after he is born again. and just what do people trust Jesus for, to fulfill their expectations? get that promotion, be healed from your cancer? like Joel Osteen preaches.

and do you think one instantly conforms to the new life that's in them? its a prosses which does involve much repenting. until your dyeing day.
To deliver me from self. Whack, whack, whack! :eek:

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So...if I willingly sin, do I need to repent?
Don't complicate it... just answer the question.

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans Chapter 2 talks about the Jews that keep the letter of the law.
Problem is their hypocrisy in not keeping it at all.
The subject is circumcision and whether keeping the letter or law of it will save you.
But circumcision is not part of the law, it was given to Abraham as a promise, a covenant by faith.
Somehow somebody took that covenant and puked all over it.
Same with the Sabath. That came way before Moses even had a law.
Moses even knew in his own heart that the slaves should be entitled to rest even though Pharaoh opposed him and made things harder.
Moses had that truth written in his heart. He already knew.
But somebody had to go and make it work and punishment.
Why they keep puking on the Lord's table I'll never know.

Isa 19:14 The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.
Isa 19:15 Neither shall there be any work for Egypt, which the head or tail, branch or rush, may do.

Mar 6:1 And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him.
Mar 6:2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this man these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands?
Mar 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
Mar 6:4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.
Mar 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them.
Mar 6:6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.

Isa 28:5 In that day shall the LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of his people,
Isa 28:6 And for a spirit of judgment to him that sitteth in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.
Isa 28:7 But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment.
Isa 28:8 For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean.

Mal 1:6 A son honoureth his father, and a servant his master: if then I be a father, where is mine honour? and if I be a master, where is my fear? saith the LORD of hosts unto you, O priests, that despise my name. And ye say, Wherein have we despised thy name?
Mal 1:7 Ye offer polluted bread upon mine altar; and ye say, Wherein have we polluted thee? In that ye say, The table of the LORD is contemptible.

Mal 1:11 For from the rising of the sun even unto the going down of the same my name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto my name, and a pure offering: for my name shall be great among the heathen, saith the LORD of hosts.
Mal 1:12 But ye have profaned it, in that ye say, The table of the LORD is polluted; and the fruit thereof, even his meat, is contemptible.
Mal 1:13 Ye said also, Behold, what a weariness is it! and ye have snuffed at it, saith the LORD of hosts; and ye brought that which was torn, and the lame, and the sick; thus ye brought an offering: should I accept this of your hand? saith the LORD.
Mal 1:14 But cursed be the deceiver, which hath in his flock a male, and voweth, and sacrificeth unto the Lord a corrupt thing: for I am a great King, saith the LORD of hosts, and my name is dreadful among the heathen.

Things already been twisted by those that were "writing" the letters.
There is tares mingled with wheat all through them laws.
You have to grab a sickle and go reap it and seperate truth from lies.

But Oh what a weariness it is....ho hummm

Go back to sleep.. everything is fine.