SinSinSin...RepentRepentRepent...YackYackYack...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What did you understand to say ?
I understood you to be saying that Christ fulfilled the law for us by living a perfect life and therefore we don't have to live that perfect life before God because Christ's perfect righteousness is applied to our account.

Which is true....but there is more to it than that.

Christ's perfect life is also applied to us in that He practically lives His life in us and through us...and in His life that He lives, He does not sin...because His life is perfect.

And, therefore, it is only when we take our lives back from Him and start living them again ourselves that we get into trouble.

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Unbelievers entering the kingdom of God because salvation is not by works. That's not stupid to you?

Please quote where anyone here said that ...please note the post #

You sound pretty paranoid to me. Do you believe in little grey men living under your bed too.
You are seeing things where there is not anything to see.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understood you to be saying that Christ fulfilled the law for us by living a perfect life and therefore we don't have to live that perfect life before God because Christ's perfect righteousness is applied to our account.

Christ's perfect life is also applied to us in that He practically lives His life in us and through us...and in His life that He lives, He does not sin...because His life is perfect.

And, therefore, it is only when we take our lives back from Him and start living them again ourselves that we get into trouble.
You sin dot you ?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Can you link me to the exact part of the post you're quoting where I said "we try to get saved" and we "try" to keep ourselves saved? Then I can answer your questions. You must be talking about doing works for the purpose of trying to save ourselves. I don't say that. So you'll have to show me where you think I did. Thanks.

Your post #80 you do seem to like sarcasm .

No, don’t bother to answer questions or any more of my posts , I don’t enjoy insults or sarcasm and will not be communicating further with you.
That said , If I see you telling people that what they believe is stupid ..I will report your posts.

Many members here disagree with each other....but they are mature and respectful enough to disagree agreeably and without sarcasm .
For me you are not listed among those who are mature and know how to disagree respectfully.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sin don't you ?
It is all that I do.

But when Christ is living His life in me and through me, my lifestyle becomes one of abstention from sinning; because Christ cannot sin: and if He is living in me and through me, the behaviour that erupts out of this vessel will be holy behaviour.

It is when I begin to take back my life and live it for myself that I find that sinful behaviour erupts from the vessel that is my body.

Reactions: Helen

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post #80 you do seem to like sarcasm .

No, don’t bother to answer questions or any more of my posts , I don’t enjoy insults or sarcasm and will not be communicating further with you.
That said , If I see you telling people that what they believe is stupid ..I will report your posts.

Many members here disagree with each other....but they are mature and respectful enough to disagree agreeably and without sarcasm .
For me you are not listed among those who are mature and know how to disagree respectfully.
I don't think that calling someone's doctrine "stupid" warrants having their posts deleted or anyone being reported.

Any child in pre-school learns to shake it off when a classmate calls them "stupid"

The people on these boards are not a bunch of Thin-Skinned-Individuals...they can handle it just fine....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I see you telling people that what they believe is stupid ..I will report your posts.
Okay.
I have every right to call a teacher's teaching stupid. What I will not do is call a person stupid for agreeing with it. See the difference?

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think that calling someone's doctrine "stupid" warrants having their posts deleted or anyone being reported.

Any child in pre-school learns to shake it off when a classmate calls them "stupid"

The people on these boards are not a bunch of Thin-Skinned-Individuals...they can handle it just fine....
Flaming and goading can be a thin line and do you honestly believe it portrays the example Jesus gave us to speak like that to anyone for any reason?
Although sarcasm is not against the rules it is at the discretion of the forum moderators to determine when that sarcasm has crossed over to flaming, goading, insulting, etc.
I just wanted to correct any wrong message a member may perceive as to what is allowed.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if he were to say that the doctrine in question is "ungodly"?

It seems to be as much of an insult to that doctrine as to say that it is "stupid".

And, as @Ferris Bueller pointed out, he is not calling a person stupid but he is referring to a doctrine.

If someone is offended by something such as that, I think that they need to get a thicker skin.

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Unbelievers entering the kingdom of God because salvation is not by works. That's not stupid to you?

Do I understand this correctly????
Do you believe you have to work your way into heaven?
Sounds like a cult doctrine to me.

I knew a fellow once who drove over 100 km to one particular church every sunday morning.
That amounted to 200 km to attend the service. Through snow on icy roads.

I asked him once "Why not attend a church closer to where you live?"
His answer: "No, I have to go there because I don't want to loose my salvation"

He actually was convinced he would go to hell if he did not drive 200 km every sunday.
How sad.

Don't believe that "works" will get you to heaven.
Jesus died on the cross for your salvation.

"Works" come as a result of salvation.
"Works" is a desire put into every Christian by the Holy Spirit.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if he were to say that the doctrine in question is "ungodly"?

It seems to be as much of an insult to that doctrine as to say that it is "stupid".

And, as @Ferris Bueller pointed out, he is not calling a person stupid but he is referring to a doctrine.

If someone is offended by something such as that, I think that they need to get a thicker skin.
What you define as acceptable isn't what someone else does. Whether it be culture, ethnicity, doctrine, or even personality....there are different views on what is acceptable and what isn't.
Point is....do nothing that the ministry be blamed. Anyone who speaks to me and tells me my doctrine is stupid, ungodly, heresy or whatever has insulted me because I believe in that doctrine of faith.
And trust me it has nothing to do with the thickness of my skin....it has everything to do with my beliefs and I will defend my beliefs even to my death.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you define as acceptable isn't what someone else does. Whether it be culture, ethnicity, doctrine, or even personality....there are different views on what is acceptable and what isn't.
Point is....do nothing that the ministry be blamed. Anyone who speaks to me and tells me my doctrine is stupid, ungodly, heresy or whatever has insulted me because I believe in that doctrine of faith.
And trust me it has nothing to do with the thickness of my skin....it has everything to do with my beliefs and I will defend my beliefs even to my death.
So, you should probably go and find and delete every post where OSAS doctrine has been called ungodly on these forums...including this one...because I will say right now that OSAS (as opposed to POTS) is ungodly to the hilt...

Once Saved Always Saved, defined as, if you go forward at a church service or Crusade and live like hell afterwards, you continue to be saved...that is ungodly and promotes ungodly character in those who believe in it.

As opposed to the Perseverance of the Saints, defined as, if you are a saint in God, He is going to preserve you in that sainthood and keep you walking in His goodness to your dying day. This, on the other hand, which is what Calvin actually meant, is godly as a doctrine because it promotes godly behaviour in faith.

Personally, I believe that moderators should let things moderate themselves for the most part.

When they get to deleting posts, they are in danger of deleting God's message to someone....and that can put the moderator in question in spiritual danger (see Revelation 22:19)...because I believe that the verse that I just referenced speaks of anything that is God's message being taken away from its place where it might minister to that someone. For, it is a principle that tells us something about God's attitude towards people keeping His message from going forward (see also 1 Thessalonians 2:15-16 as a principle; which can apply not only to forbidding the gospel from being preached, but can also apply to any effort made to keep it from going forth; such as deleting posts that contain the message of the Lord within them).

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you should probably go and find and delete every post where OSAS doctrine has been called ungodly on these forums...including this one...because I will say right now that OSAS (as opposed to POTS) is ungodly to the hilt...
According to YOUR beliefs.....get it?
Personally, I believe that moderators should let things moderate themselves for the most part.
Do you have any specific example that is evident the mods are acting outside the requirements of the forum rules?
When they get to deleting posts, they are in danger of deleting God's message to someone....and that can put the moderator in question in spiritual danger
Enforcing the rules of the forum is NOT putting them in spiritual danger...
Did you agree to them when you first joined?
If so, then you agree to abide by them....agree that moderators are necessary at times....agree that moderators take action as necessary.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is all that I do.

But when Christ is living His life in me and through me, my lifestyle becomes one of abstention from sinning; because Christ cannot sin: and if He is living in me and through me, the behaviour that erupts out of this vessel will be holy behaviour.

It is when I begin to take back my life and live it for myself that I find that sinful behaviour erupts from the vessel that is my body.
Are you still saved when you sin ?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

AMEN.

Nice and clearly said .

Reactions: marks

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe. It can also mean you didn't even care to try. And that it's okay that you didn't resist in any way because that would be you trying to earn your own salvation. What a stupid theology. That's the teaching I resist with all my being. It's leading countless astray in the church. You know you're led astray by it when you see that neither you nor God has been successful at leading you out of your sin......and you don't care because to care would be you not trusting God but you trying to save yourself. Again, what a stupid teaching. It appeals to the flesh of a person, not the spirit. It excuses the flesh in the name of grace. It's a horrible trampling of the Son of God.
So far in this thread you have sinned almost everytime you replied to someone whose belief is different than yours....you have falsely accused, falsely identified their intent, pridefully and arrogantly stated their teaching is stupid, pridefully and arrogantly stated your belief as truth according to your interpretation over others....showed zero humility, zero fruit of the Holy Spirit.

Now....according to your belief what do you consider yourself at this point...saved or fallen away....because God hates a haughty and prideful spirit....so you have sinned against God and your fellow brothers and sisters. What happens to you now?

I promise I am not pointing my finger at you....but rather trying to understand how your belief works in this situation.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Okay.
I have every right to call a teacher's teaching stupid. What I will not do is call a person stupid for agreeing with it. See the difference?

On a thread about sin and repentance we're defending our right to name-call?

Things that make you go, Hmmmmm.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
....when we fail, it shows us that we are trying once again to perfect ourselves, and live in our life and not His.

The old man is dead ...but many just don’t seem to believe that...so they start once again trying to “get it right.” They end in frustration.
What an excellent observation!

Much love!