So Much Conjecture

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:(

So much conjecture.
So much opinion.
So many blind leading the blind.
So many blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel.
So many teachers without the gift from God.
So many false witnesses.
So many false prophets.
So many false accusations.
So many with a spirit of crucifixion.
So many in the mix who hate.
So many against the Spirit.
So many not helping God or people, but doing harm.

So many who do not know what they do.

So much to answer for--weeping and gnashing of teeth.

So many cut in two and appointed their portion with the hypocrites.

Last edited:

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So a question……why is it like that ?
Human nature
Spiritual warfare
Immaturity
An inner need to be someone of to be relevant

……….

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So much conjecture.
So much opinion.
So many false witnesses.
So many false prophets.

The Bible has the answers Scott Acts 17:11

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible has the answers Scott Acts 17:11
Robert, I've given up hope even in that, since most of these arguments are ABOUT the Bible.

But then, the Bible is what tells us about Jesus.

What else do I have?

This is all that I have;
This is all that I am.

- Sara Groves

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So much conjecture.
So much opinion.
So many false witnesses.
So many false prophets.

Behold the fruit of our brokenness.:(

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert, I've given up hope even in that, since most of these arguments are ABOUT the Bible.

What else do I have?

This is all that I have;
This is all that I am.

- Sara Groves
I believe the Bible does in fact have the answers. Yes, there are many disputes over what it says. And there is a reason for that, and that reason is NOT that the Bible does not present a clear teaching. It does. The corruption of sin causes us to not see it. But the truth IS there.

In the same simplicity and humility with which we come to Jesus, we also come to His Word, and if that's what we do, we will know His truth. Those who desire their own way find greater and greater so-called "depths", each finding in fact their own way, as the metaphors and allegories will always diverge. I have the idea that there are many people who mistake word associations for Holy Writ. And those are always different, and so 10,000 debates.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Behold the fruit of our brokenness.:(
This is the fruit of our brokenness:

Isaiah 66:1-2 KJV
1) Thus saith the LORD, The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool: where is the house that ye build unto me? and where is the place of my rest?
2) For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the LORD: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.

Much love!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So a question……why is it like that ?
Human nature
Spiritual warfare
Immaturity
An inner need to be someone of to be relevant

……….
I suppose I was hoping that this would be a reminder, perhaps a call to repentance.

I do know the answer...

This world from the first day was/is the dividing of light from darkness--that is what we are experiencing. This is the manifestation of all things before the Judgement, the revelation of all things good and evil brought into the light before God. This is not "what may come", this is what is already and is only now revealed "each in his own order." Then comes the end.

It would just be nice if we could see those who squirm in the light turn from the darkness instead of lashing out and confirming their fate, rather than choosing to change it...to receive the rescue of God by the free gift of salvation.

And it is most sad to see the tares here among the wheat, serving Satan under the banners of many false christs.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose I was hoping that this would be a reminder, perhaps a call to repentance.

I do know the answer...

This world from the first day was/is the dividing of light from darkness--that is what we are experiencing. This is the manifestation of all things before the Judgement, the revelation of all things good and evil brought into the light before God. This is not "what may come", this is what is already and is only now revealed "each in his own order." Then comes the end.

It would just be nice if we could see those who squirm in the light turn from the darkness instead of lashing out and confirming their fate, rather than choosing to change it...to receive the rescue of God by the free gift of salvation.

And it is most sad to see the tares here among the wheat, serving Satan under the banners of many false christs.
I see some of it in a different way, it is only by revelation that we see the hidden depths of scripture and that revelation only comes from the Lord. Anyone can pick up a Bible and read it, but without that revelation what we see will be different. Along side that runs the truth that all of us are on our own journeys with revelation, but In order to grow, evaluate, learn, change, there has to be an openness to be be humble and accept that it’s not always a matter of being wrong or right, but merely where a person is on that journey. It’s also an issue of pride when , as individuals, a person totally believes that they have all the right answers and have arrived with absolute truth. That pride will not allow for self examination, will not allow for listening or reflecting on what others relay …….. How can God work in a persons life if they are so full of pride that they don’t believe there is any darkness in them
The psalmist would not have uttered the words ‘ search me O’Lord ‘ without being aware that on a personal level he was unable to fully see the darkness within him that needed a light to reveal it……….
We are not all knowing, only God is ………Prayer for that light to reveal is the only way forward, whether it be in our own lives or in the lives of others.
I have seen a few threads where people have considered their words and without any human prompting here have apologised for wrong attitudes in how they have spoken. …..that is refreshing.
Also , on a personal note, the Lord has used many of the threads here to lead me to ask and pray for more understanding and more soul searching………..some times, on reflection I have seen new things within scripture that I had not see before, other times it has merely served as a means to confirm something I already believed.
I guess the key is being open, iron sharpens iron.
Pride switches off the ability for the Lord to shine the light x
Just some thoughts, and ramblings……….and it may not be what you meant xx
Rita

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So much conjecture.
So much opinion.
So many false witnesses.
So many false prophets.

Yes you are correct.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think it's the nature of online forums.
I don't think there would be so many disputes if we were communicating the old fashioned way. Face to face

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it's the nature of online forums.
I don't think there would be so many disputes if we were communicating the old fashioned way. Face to face
If we communicated the same way face-to-face as we do on-line, pretty soon we’d have a few hockey brawls breaking out. And since we Americans are constitutionally allowed to own guns…

Reactions: BarneyFife

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So much conjecture.
So much opinion.
So many false witnesses.
So many false prophets.

Scott, I try to only post when someone has a legitimate question they're asking. A genuine inquiry into the meaning of the scripture. Too many people come on here to preach. And many are false preachers to my religion standards. It's an argument that started in the OP itself. So why entertain it?

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What else do I have?

This is all that I have;
This is all that I am.

- Sara Groves

I am here to help Lambo. I understand the frustration with there being too many churches, too little truth. Please do not hesitate to ask if you have a question, I will do my best to answer it, and no doubt will many others. It is of course you that has to make the final call if any answers you receive is truth or not. The Bible is an amazing book sir, takes way more than a lifetime to know it, but there are definitely answers in it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see some of it in a different way, it is only by revelation that we see the hidden depths of scripture and that revelation only comes from the Lord. Anyone can pick up a Bible and read it, but without that revelation what we see will be different. Along side that runs the truth that all of us are on our own journeys with revelation, but In order to grow, evaluate, learn, change, there has to be an openness to be be humble and accept that it’s not always a matter of being wrong or right, but merely where a person is on that journey. It’s also an issue of pride when , as individuals, a person totally believes that they have all the right answers and have arrived with absolute truth. That pride will not allow for self examination, will not allow for listening or reflecting on what others relay …….. How can God work in a persons life if they are so full of pride that they don’t believe there is any darkness in them
The psalmist would not have uttered the words ‘ search me O’Lord ‘ without being aware that on a personal level he was unable to fully see the darkness within him that needed a light to reveal it……….
We are not all knowing, only God is ………Prayer for that light to reveal is the only way forward, whether it be in our own lives or in the lives of others.
I have seen a few threads where people have considered their words and without any human prompting here have apologised for wrong attitudes in how they have spoken. …..that is refreshing.
Also , on a personal note, the Lord has used many of the threads here to lead me to ask and pray for more understanding and more soul searching………..some times, on reflection I have seen new things within scripture that I had not see before, other times it has merely served as a means to confirm something I already believed.
I guess the key is being open, iron sharpens iron.
Pride switches off the ability for the Lord to shine the light x
Just some thoughts, and ramblings……….and it may not be what you meant xx
Rita
This is good, very good. But let us remember, we have been promised to be lead into all truth--which indeed is all God's, and unattainable by pride. Nonetheless, we should embrace the idea, not in part, but in full. In Him, we shall be perfect as He is perfect.

Which I do not say to encourage boasting--just the opposite. But rather, that we should not forget how God works, and that He still works, revealing Himself to babes, and to the least among us. I consider it a shame that some would quench the Spirit during these final hours and not allow those who are entering to go in.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, I try to only post when someone has a legitimate question they're asking. A genuine inquiry into the meaning of the scripture. Too many people come on here to preach. And many are false preachers to my religion standards. It's an argument that started in the OP itself. So why entertain it?
I should think the OP is like holding up a mirror. By no means for entertainment.

Reactions: marks