...so what did you have for dinner tonight?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
H,
Never had any of those.
I've had horse meat, alligator, wild hoar, I think that's it.

Oh. And for dinner I had McDonald's to make the girls happy.
LOL

Mac's often comes up trumps :)

By the way...what IS a " wild hoar? " LOL

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
At least I give you a laugh every now and then!

Quite often actually. :)

BTW..where IS your friend Alan? Is he taking another 'break' again. ?
How many does he need, he only took one a couple of months ago...and was gone ages...as were you!! I missed you both very much.

Hope all is well with him.

Reactions: Nancy

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Quite often actually. :)

BTW..where IS your friend Alan? Is he taking another 'break' again. ?
How many does he need, he only took one a couple of months ago...and was gone ages...as were you!! I missed you both very much.

Hope all is well with him.
He wanders.
He'll be back eventually.
He probably checks in every now and then.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We ate moose, deer, bear, and beaver.
All taste great.

Well you must enjoy fatty food...beaver is very high fat...which leaves very little actual meat. We don't eat goose either for the same reason. Too fatty.

Each to their own taste eh? :)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just checking in to say I have three days left, and I cannot be reading this thread, LoL. I read posts #279 and #280 (where I last left off), and realized this is not the thread for me right now. Ha! I may be back to it with a vengeance in the future, however. It all sounds REALLY good! :)

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh for goodness sake!
LOL
I meant wild boar!!!

I have no comment on what the other one could be!!

"Thou shalt rise up before the hoary head, and honour the face of the old man, and fear thy God: I am the LORD." Lev 19:32

H7872
שֵׂיבָה
śêybâh
say-baw'
Feminine of H7869; old age: - (be) gray (grey, hoar, -y) hairs (head, -ed), old age.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just checking in to say I have three days left, and I cannot be reading this thread, LoL. I read posts #279 and #280 (where I last left off), and realized this is not the thread for me right now. Ha! I may be back to it with a vengeance in the future, however. It all sounds REALLY good! :)

In my ALERTS I saw HiddeninHim replied to ..( this thread) and my first thought was Why is he torturing himself :)
I don't not realize that we were at day 37 yet.
And NO you cannot eat anything that is on this thread yet...we don't want to you ending up in hospital with a busted gut.

Do DO post in three days and tell us about your food...and how you slowly break you digestive system back in again...we will find that very interesting.

You will probably get some tummy ache. So, tiny , tiny steps.

I has surgery on my esophagus in 2015
It had closed and wouldn't open, even water was hard to swallow ..long story...so I hadn't eaten more the soup from end of March until July 8th
They started me with apple sauce and baby cereals. They slid down okay..
but my poor tummy had shrunk to about the size of a plum...and anything more than half a cup of anything , doubled me up...
It wasn't until mid September when I could eat as much as a cup and a half of anything.
Weight wise I had lost a lot...they warned me that when we mess with the digestive system and are in 'starvation mode' the body will suck in all kinds of calories and store it once we start eating again. Plus, the natural calorie burn level will have been changed. And it will take far less calories to put on weight than our previous calorie burn. This is true , I was so glad that I had been pre-warned, so I watched my calorie burn.
This oesophagus problem is called Acalasia , a rare thing, my surgeon told me he only does about one a year...and not every surgeon knows how to do it.
( So he was all excited to have another one to do Ha!)

But on the Acalasia forum the majority of those who had had the surgery complained about the rapid weight gain...I guess they were not warned about that 'starvation mode' over a period of time, changes permanently the natural calorie burn.
This would affect you too. Be on your guard.

Well, that is the end of my "mother hen" clucking. :D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We are having left over Chinese food. ( I can take or leave Chinese)

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In my ALERTS I saw HiddeninHim replied to ..( this thread) and my first thought was Why is he torturing himself :)
I don't not realize that we were at day 37 yet.
And NO you cannot eat anything that is on this thread yet...we don't want to you ending up in hospital with a busted gut.

LOL!! Ha! :p
Do DO post in three days and tell us about your food...and how you slowly break you digestive system back in again...we will find that very interesting.

I'm probably going with some creamy tomato soup. And then some fruit, like blueberries and blackberries. In another few days my wife is fixing gumbo for me, which is a Cajan thing. It's really good. :)
but my poor tummy had shrunk to about the size of a plum...and anything more than half a cup of anything , doubled me up...
It wasn't until mid September when I could eat as much as a cup and a half of anything.

Yeah. This is what I'll have to watch for a bit myself. I'll need to stay busy with hobbies and stuff so I don't go crazy and eat the house down.
Weight wise I had lost a lot...they warned me that when we mess with the digestive system and are in 'starvation mode' the body will suck in all kinds of calories and store it once we start eating again. Plus, the natural calorie burn level will have been changed. And it will take far less calories to put on weight than our previous calorie burn. This is true , I was so glad that I had been pre-warned, so I watched my calorie burn.

Yes. I'm well aware of this. Thanks for all your help and support btw. You do understand what's happening more than I realized. About this, I've noticed for years that those men of God I've known about who have fasted have ended up gaining a tremendous amount of weight later on down the road. And before I even started on this one, the Lord spoke to me in a dream and told me it would have to be something I committed to for the rest of my life, almost like adopting a child. So I'll be eating, and well for a year. But while I'll probably gain at least 1/2 the weight back even with the regular exercise and weight lifting I plan on doing, I'm going to be going on another one just like it every summer. And since I dropped 50 lbs., gaining a good bit of it back will be necessary. I don't want to start a fast again like this with no weight on, or I may really hurt myself.
But on the Acalasia forum the majority of those who had had the surgery complained about the rapid weight gain...I guess they were not warned about that 'starvation mode' over a period of time, changes permanently the natural calorie burn.
This would affect you too. Be on your guard.

Well, that is the end of my "mother hen" clucking. :D

Cluck On, Sista!
CLUCK.
ON. :cool:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I had reheated pizza for dinner last night. I don't much care for it reheated, but one does what one must.
I love pizza. Even if it's reheated.
My hubby likes leftover spaghetti with ragu'.
He fries it till it's crispy on one side and then turns in over. (in very little oil).
It becomes one solid chunk.
I don't care for this.

Reactions: Truth and Helen