...so what did you have for dinner tonight?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Anyone ever had tripe and onions? yuk yuk yuk
Bread and dripping ?
What about haggis ? Porridge with salt ?
just curious

My mum was born in 1907 one of ten kids ...so bread and dripping was often their main meal!! She loved it. So she did give it to us. If the dripping came from a real roast then it was delicious ..we were allowed to salt and pepper it.
It was never a meal...but a treat we were allowed before bed. Same as a Milk Sop. Which was a slice of buttered bread floating on hot milk on a saucer.
I usually hated warm milk , but a bread sop on hot milk before bed was a treat...plus if we didn't want it we had to go straight to bed..alone..so to have a milk-sop extended our 'staying up later.' :)

Porridge with salt I don't mind at all, but not my fave ...I prefer a teaspoon of butter.

Reactions: Pearl and Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I can describe a blancmange in one word.
DISGUSTING! :D :D

When I was a child that was one of the main reasons I hate birthday parties.
For some reason the mothers always served blancmange. The texture made me vomit. Strange really because is it just like a fruit flavoured Jello made with milk. I liked red or orange Jello , but seeing a pink blancmange quivering on a plate sent me into orbit! :D

I remember at that time 'everyone' seemed to own Rabbit shaped moulds :rolleyes:
No fancy shapes but I loved blancmange in any flavour. I like Angel Delight now - specially banana.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My mum was born in 1907 one of ten kids ...so bread and dripping was often their main meal!! She loved it. So she did give it to us. If the dripping came from a real roast then it was delicious ..we were allowed to salt and pepper it.
It was never a meal...but a treat we were allowed before bed. Same as a Milk Sop. Which was a slice of buttered bread floating on hot milk on a saucer.
I usually hated warm milk , but a bread sop on hot milk before bed was a treat...plus if we didn't want it we had to go straight to bed..alone..so to have a milk-sop extended our 'staying up later.' :)

Porridge with salt I don't mind at all, but not my fave ...I prefer a teaspoon of butter.
We used to be able to buy dripping in packs a bit like butter and I loved it on hot toast with salt.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Helen, Years ago, even the simple things were treats...