...so what did you have for dinner tonight?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have just eaten a HUGE slab of yesterdays wedding cake ( grand daughters.) but now I wish I ate something more healthy...all these good meals on here, that I had to catch on...I should have eaten a salad after yesterdays festivities. Silly me. :(

Reactions: aspen and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have just eaten a HUGE slab of yesterdays wedding cake ( grand daughters.) but now I wish I ate something more healthy...all these good meals on here, that I had to catch on...I should have eaten a salad after yesterdays festivities. Silly me. :(

I will probably regret not having this attitude pretty soon. I always had this quick metabolism where I could eat anything and never gain wait. Since I had Lorena, I notice that I do.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today I have a chicken going in the slow cooker...not sure what else we will have. With all the festivities and visitors in town we've all eaten too much, I will be glad to get back to "boring" food again. :)

Reactions: Mayflower

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait just one minute...

What's not Italian about ragu'??
Ragu' is a type of red sauce, it has a lot of meat in it.
And I make darn good ragu' --- if you're ever around here, give a holler!!

View attachment 3649

Ok. I have to admit it. That looks REALLY good. :) Gonna have my wife cook some spaghetti for me as soon as I'm able now, thanks to you and your picture.

Reactions: Mayflower and Helen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we had taco bell and McDonald's :D but my husband is home for four days for the state fair my choir is singing at, and celebrating my Birthday early this weekend, so at least two of these days is get this house clean and dishes washed. :D

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Chicken , roast potatoes, veg and lots of unhealthy chocolate raisins to follow!! :D

Reactions: Mayflower

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Today because it is dark, snowy and cold...we are having sausages , mashed potatoes with gravy ....and salad.

Nothing much more comforting than good old English 'bangers and mash' :D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Well , today as it is coldish again..we have having chicken in gravy, mash potatoes and salad. Not that my husband enjoy salad at the best of times.

Oh, and mixed fruit with whipping cream. :)

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Did you ever see this thread @farouk ??
It used to be a very fun one...but has been overlooked lately.
Thought you may like it.

Reactions: farouk

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well , today as it is coldish again..we have having chicken in gravy, mash potatoes and salad. Not that my husband enjoy salad at the best of times.

Oh, and mixed fruit with whipping cream. :)

I am starting to get an appetite again but, it is not at all what it used to be, lol. Last night I had one of my "famous" (to me, anyhow, lol) salads with char grilled breast of chicken, Romaine and Radicchio lettuces...red onion, craisins (dried cranberries), almonds, strawberries, celery, broccoli, garbanzo beans, Gorgonzola crumbles with zesty Catalina dressing :) That is a lot of food ya know, and all in one huge bowl-love my salad bowl!

Reactions: Helen and Hisman

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I am starting to get an appetite again but, it is not at all what it used to be, lol. Last night I had one of my "famous" (to me, anyhow, lol) salads with char grilled breast of chicken, Romaine and Radicchio lettuces...red onion, craisins (dried cranberries), almonds, strawberries, celery, broccoli, garbanzo beans, Gorgonzola crumbles with zesty Catalina dressing :) That is a lot of food ya know, and all in one huge bowl-love my salad bowl!
Mind you don't lose your appetite...:)

Hisman

Mar 31, 2019
westen
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

That sound so good. Ours won't be a good as that. But we do okay.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Yummy.
I am sure if Dave dropped dead, I would live on toast, eggs, salad, and hot cereal. I never have liked cooking, even less baking!
Give me a trowel and stick me in the garden and I am good for hours...but the kitchen, not so much.
I only cooked because I had to, and made good meals, but now Dave is retired he does it all, and he enjoys it! But, pull a weed NO, you'd never catch him in the yard except with a book and in a lounger! Ha!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yummy.
I am sure if Dave dropped dead, I would live on toast, eggs, salad, and hot cereal. I never have liked cooking, even less baking!
Give me a trowel and stick me in the garden and I am good for hours...but the kitchen, not so much.
I only cooked because I had to, and made good meals, but now Dave is retired he does it all, and he enjoys it! But, pull a weed NO, you'd never catch him in the yard except with a book and in a lounger! Ha!
Sounds like you have a great husband...:)

Reactions: Helen