...so what did you have for dinner tonight?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love pizza. Even if it's reheated.
My hubby likes leftover spaghetti with ragu'.
He fries it till it's crispy on one side and then turns in over. (in very little oil).
It becomes one solid chunk.
I don't care for this.
Well I am still the one with the cast iron stomach. Usually my wife shares in the left overs, but her system wasn't up to it so she heated the pizza for me alone and she had something less stimulating. My problem lately has been is that while my taste buds were once able to handle anything but no more. I used to love pizza, but any more I simply tolerate it especially when it's gone through the oven twice. This is true of other things as well. But... I'm not complaining.

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Well I am still the one with the cast iron stomach. Usually my wife shares in the left overs, but her system wasn't up to it so she heated the pizza for me alone and she had something less stimulating. My problem lately has been is that while my taste buds were once able to handle anything but no more. I used to love pizza, but any more I simply tolerate it especially when it's gone through the oven twice. This is true of other things as well. But... I'm not complaining.
Interesting. I always had a glass of wine with meals.
Now I can't drink it unless half is water.
Things change...it's OK.
Some people don't even have food...

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before I saw @Truth 's response to you... Because of the word 'Texas' ...I was going to say BIG.
I have two close Texan friends...and they really do believe that everything is bigger and better on Texas!! LOL

Dinner...today we had a re-run of the BBQ chicken and salad. But it was good. With coconut chocolate ice cream to follow .

Well, dunno about that...I lived there twice, lol...a whole lotta flat land! Not been eating much as of late, but when I get back into it...I will be on here!
Today I had a peach, a banana and a couple scrambled eggs for breakfast...lame...that is why I have not been on this thread.

TEXAS TOAST:
https://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=texas+toast&fr=mcafee&imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EdtUWLea-ek/ULlDvMcBQ3I/AAAAAAAAAG4/q0MkEwnQP9k/s1600/DSC00852_3.jpg#id=0&iurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-EdtUWLea-ek/ULlDvMcBQ3I/AAAAAAAAAG4/q0MkEwnQP9k/s1600/DSC00852_3.jpg&action=click

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quite often actually. :)

BTW..where IS your friend Alan? Is he taking another 'break' again. ?
How many does he need, he only took one a couple of months ago...and was gone ages...as were you!! I missed you both very much.

Hope all is well with him.

As you know Helen, I too miss them both very much.

Reactions: GodsGrace

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He fries it till it's crispy on one side and then turns in over. (in very little oil).
I don't care for this.

An Italian using Ragu?! For shame, LoL!

I thought all Italians knew how to cook real Italian food. :)

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just discovered adding a pinch of baking soda to homemade tomato sauce - makes it so good

Reactions: Helen and Mayflower

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't care for this.

Ah! fried spaghetti, I just fry it and eat it like hash browns, SOOOOOO Good!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Baked white fish in a creamy butter sauce with green beans, and a baked potato with cheddar cheese. Then I was still hungry when we got home and made some popcorn while we watched "Heaven is for Real" and devoured cheese sticks one by one. I think I am going to eat the rest.

Reactions: Helen and aspen

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean,
You mean,
Hubby didn't invent this?
You mean there are others that like this stuff!!!!!!!

I never heard of this. My hubby would probably love it. I don't like anything tomato based, so usually I make Alfredo noodles for me when we have a spaghetti night. :)

Reactions: Helen and GodsGrace

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I never heard of this. My hubby would probably love it. I don't like anything tomato based, so usually I make Alfredo noodles for me when we have a spaghetti night. :)
Alfredo noodles is good.
Anything with heavy cream in it can't be all bad !!!

Reactions: Mayflower

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We had a church dinner this afternoon. Everyone brought something. My wife made a coconut cream pie for our part. There was meatloaf plus candied yams topped with marshmellows along mashed potatoes and garlic bread which I ate. There were other things I cannot recall. In addition to our pie there was a purple velvet cake and a home made cheese cake with a cherry topping. I wished I had a young man's appetite, but... then I would have wanted seconds.

Reactions: Helen and Truth

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
McDonald's night for us. So nuggets and fries. I am hungry for a night time snack though