...so what did you have for dinner tonight?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our coleslaw uses white cabbage instead of red, has carrots and onions and a dressing. Yours sounds amazing
Oh I see, you drink the milk, I thought you meant you had cobbler with milk poured over it !!! Lol
I can’t remember the last time I drank a glass of milk, only have it in tea or over cereal.
Rita

I even hated milk at school when we had to have it mid-morning. ESPECIALLY if the teacher stood the mild bottles along the radiator to warm it up!! :p

I could only stomach it when a teacher let the ice chips in it remain.
Like you...I can only drink it in tea or coffee.

Now CREAM is a different story...I love whipping cream on all desserts ...as long as it is the real thing.

@Taken

Your Kale-slaw and the dressing sounds awesome...well done you! :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Our coleslaw uses white cabbage instead of red, has carrots and onions and a dressing. Yours sounds amazing
Oh I see, you drink the milk, I thought you meant you had cobbler with milk poured over it !!! Lol
I can’t remember the last time I drank a glass of milk, only have it in tea or over cereal.
Rita
I used to make a variation of coleslaw that was in great demand at family parties and church events. I used the basic cabbage, carrots and onions but added apple and celery and peanuts or walnuts as well as spices. There was always an empty bowl.

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I even hated milk at school when we had to have it mid-morning. ESPECIALLY if the teacher stood the mild bottles along the radiator to warm it up!! :p

Now CREAM is a different story...I love whipping cream on all desserts ...as long as it is the real thing.

@Taken

I hated my school milk too and they let me take it home to my mum, and then I'd either have it on cereal or she would make rice pudding or blancmange with it. I like it chilled from the fridge though.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen
R

Rita

I use to hate it at school when it got warm.......did you get orange juice instead in the summer months , we did.
Rice pudding, oh no, I am going to really fancy that now - love doing it in my slow cooker - goes all thick and creamy.
Your coleslaw sounds lovely as well Pearl xxxx
Rita

Reactions: Nancy and Taken

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I use to hate it at school when it got warm.......did you get orange juice instead in the summer months , we did.
Rice pudding, oh no, I am going to really fancy that now - love doing it in my slow cooker - goes all thick and creamy.
Your coleslaw sounds lovely as well Pearl xxxx
Rita
@Rita: Maybe these days confined to the house more ppl have a bit more time to cook things and not be in a big rush always.

I guess it will hit us when we get back into the swing of 'normal' life again, eventually, we trust...

R

Rita

@Rita: Maybe these days confined to the house more ppl have a bit more time to cook things and not be in a big rush always.

I guess it will hit us when we get back into the swing of 'normal' life again, eventually, we trust...
Yes, but that depends on what you can get from your lock shops- still having problems getting some things - but it is better than when everyone was panic buying. I don’t cook that much, my sons does xx
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Yes, but that depends on what you can get from your lock shops- still having problems getting some things - but it is better than when everyone was panic buying. I don’t cook that much, my sons does xx
Rita
Amidst all the problems we have in our area, shortages - for the moment - don't seem to be an issue.
Great that your son is well domesticated...

Reactions: Nancy
R

Rita

Amidst all the problems we have in our area, shortages - for the moment - don't seem to be an issue.
Great that your son is well domesticated...
Had to laugh, he does the cooking , but it’s doesn’t mean he is domesticated with the clearing up ( oh he does wash up- but uses so much washing up liquid it goes everywhere - he doesn’t always wipe all the surfaces, and the floor, well I just don’t think he looks down !!!!! Lol
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Had to laugh, he does the cooking , but it’s doesn’t mean he is domesticated with the clearing up ( oh he does wash up- but uses so much washing up liquid it goes everywhere - he doesn’t always wipe all the surfaces, and the floor, well I just don’t think he looks down !!!!! Lol
Rita
@ Rita Okay! so...partially domesticated insofar as some but not all kitchen activities are concerned....

Reactions: Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rita

Yep we drink it...:) lots of it!
Coleslaw...yes we have like you sometimes.

God Is Good,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

@Taken

Ewee...warm "white" milk! I like mine cold but not with ice in it.

Whipped cream is my favorite on HOT coco.

God is Good,
Taken

Reactions: Rita and Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I used to make a variation of coleslaw that was in great demand at family parties and church events. I used the basic cabbage, carrots and onions but added apple and celery and peanuts or walnuts as well as spices. There was always an empty bowl.

We like all kinds of lettuce salads and cabbage slaws.
Yours sounds really good!
As far as set salad ingredients, I use whatever we have on hand, fruits, nuts, veggies, cheeses, eggs...
Or sometimes we make an egg salad, tuna salad or chicken salad, then line it on Romain Leafs, drizzle on a sauce and roll it into a log looking thing and eat...you can put chopped veggies, mushrooms...whatever you like and kids don't ...but it's disguised, so they eat it. lol.

God is Good,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tonight I'll be having cheese and ham salad and I've made Ray pasta with chicken in a tomato and basil sauce with grated cheese. I don't like pasta.

For lasagna have you ever substituted Cabage strips or zucchini for the pasta?
It's pretty good.

God is Good,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hated my school milk too and they let me take it home to my mum, and then I'd either have it on cereal or she would make rice pudding or blancmange with it. I like it chilled from the fridge though.

What is blancmange?

God is Good,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We like all kinds of lettuce salads and cabbage slaws.
Yours sounds really good!
As far as set salad ingredients, I use whatever we have on hand, fruits, nuts, veggies, cheeses, eggs...
Or sometimes we make an egg salad, tuna salad or chicken salad, then line it on Romain Leafs, drizzle on a sauce and roll it into a log looking thing and eat...you can put chopped veggies, mushrooms...whatever you like and kids don't ...but it's disguised, so they eat it. lol.

God is Good,
Taken

Well done.
Sounds like you eat very healthy...
I wonder what it is as we age...but had both my mum and dad living with us for a decade ...she died at 99 he did at 90. The last ten years both went right off veggies and would eat them. I lost my cool when I walked into the kitchen one morning and found my dad with a cereal bowl of chocolate raisins!! When I told him how unhealthy that was , he told me that all food had lost its tastes to him...he could taste chocolate raisins and bacon.

When he died three months later I realized that "eating healthy " when one is in heart failure cannot save a life. I wish I hadn't got cross with him for it.

The thing is , now my Dave is 82 and I am 78 , we don't eat as well any more. Dave now hates veggies like my mum and dad. :rolleyes:
Maybe without knowing it our taste buds have changed? :(

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well done.
Sounds like you eat very healthy...
I wonder what it is as we age...but had both my mum and dad living with us for a decade ...she died at 99 he did at 90. The last ten years both went right off veggies and would eat them. I lost my cool when I walked into the kitchen one morning and found my dad with a cereal bowl of chocolate raisins!! When I told him how unhealthy that was , he told me that all food had lost its tastes to him...he could taste chocolate raisins and bacon.

When he died three months later I realized that "eating healthy " when one is in heart failure cannot save a life. I wish I hadn't got cross with him for it.

The thing is , now my Dave is 82 and I am 78 , we don't eat as well any more. Dave now hates veggies like my mum and dad. :rolleyes:
Maybe without knowing it our taste buds have changed? :(

Oh yummm, a bowl of Raisinettes!! Lol. Don't feel bad about being cross with your dad, you were only thinking of his well being.
And as far as Dave and his veggies, are you sure he just isn't having trouble chewing with all those teeth he pulled from himself? :D :D

Reactions: Taken