...so what did you have for dinner tonight?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tonight I'll be having cheese and ham salad and I've made Ray pasta with chicken in a tomato and basil sauce with grated cheese. I don't like pasta.

Not a green in sight!!! :eek: :D I don't like pasta either Pat. We pretty much grew up on it.
@Helen, you might be onto something here about the taste bud thing, these two are having basil as their green veggie, lol! I hope I still like veggies as I get older..

Reactions: Helen and Pearl

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Funny, tonight I made the very same thing I did the last time I visited this thread, Beef veggie soup and crusty Italian bread! Hahaha...weird.

R

Rita

What is blancmange?

God is Good,
Taken
I have been trying to think of a way of describing blancmange- guess it’s like solid custard ( I think that’s your gravy ) but it’s usually strawberry flavour - solid milkshake may also be a good way to describe it as well. It wobbles like jello( our jelly )
Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well done.
Sounds like you eat very healthy...
I wonder what it is as we age...but had both my mum and dad living with us for a decade ...she died at 99 he did at 90. The last ten years both went right off veggies and would eat them. I lost my cool when I walked into the kitchen one morning and found my dad with a cereal bowl of chocolate raisins!! When I told him how unhealthy that was , he told me that all food had lost its tastes to him...he could taste chocolate raisins and bacon.

When he died three months later I realized that "eating healthy " when one is in heart failure cannot save a life. I wish I hadn't got cross with him for it.

The thing is , now my Dave is 82 and I am 78 , we don't eat as well any more. Dave now hates veggies like my mum and dad. :rolleyes:
Maybe without knowing it our taste buds have changed? :(

I agree with Nancy...to not be hard on yourself about looking out for your dad, with all good intentions.
And I agree with you...I think as we age, taste buds increase to flavors and then begin to diminish.

The human body is a unique thing that from the day of birth; it begins its individual Bodily life; and spiritual Soul Life...
And in both the dying process begins at birth.

Science calculates the Living And Dying process...according to "cells".
Billions of "cells" within the body die each day, new "cells" are formed and live and will also die.

Spiritually, the soul is "dying", everyday it is "standing against God"...Yet we have an Offering from God, that once the Offer is Accepted...For ever the Soul will Live with God.

Noting:
Pss. 139:
[14] I will praise thee; for I am fearfully andwonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

The big picture is about a man feeding the Soul. Don't "worry" about what you feed your body. Feed the soul, God will feed ones spirit...(from the Tree of Life)...and all is good! So enjoy the food your body likes, and wear what you like. :)

Matt 6:
[24] No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
[25] Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

God is Good,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have been trying to think of a way of describing blancmange- guess it’s like solid custard ( I think that’s your gravy ) but it’s usually strawberry flavour - solid milkshake may also be a good way to describe it as well. It wobbles like jello( our jelly )
Rita
I would have described it as set milkshake in various fruit flavours - like a jelly bur with milk.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And as far as Dave and his veggies, are you sure he just isn't having trouble chewing with all those teeth he pulled from himself? :D :D

LOL good point.
I did ask the other day ...so, "Do you have more teeth than gaps or more gaps than teeth now."
His answer was, "I have more gaps than teeth" So I guess he has still been pulling them out, but not letting me know anymore " :D :D

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy Sounds like anyway you're a bit influenced by the menu at places such as Salvatore's...

No Farouk, I actually do not like pasta, or much in the way of Italian...I grew up in a pretty large family with not much in the money dept. so, we pretty much ate pasta most of the week...don't really care for it. I'm a meat and potatoes person, lol.
Besides, Salvatores is WAYYYY out of my budget! :eek:

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL good point.
I did ask the other day ...so, "Do you have more teeth than gaps or more gaps than teeth now."
His answer was, "I have more gaps than teeth" So I guess he has still been pulling them out, but not letting me know anymore " :D :D

Lol...I don't know Dave but, he sounds like a blast. :D

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rita

I can describe a blancmange in one word.
DISGUSTING! :D :D

When I was a child that was one of the main reasons I hate birthday parties.
For some reason the mothers always served blancmange. The texture made me vomit. Strange really because is it just like a fruit flavoured Jello made with milk. I liked red or orange Jello , but seeing a pink blancmange quivering on a plate sent me into orbit! :D

I remember at that time 'everyone' seemed to own Rabbit shaped moulds :rolleyes:

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No Farouk, I actually do not like pasta, or much in the way of Italian...I grew up in a pretty large family with not much in the money dept. so, we pretty much ate pasta most of the week...don't really care for it. I'm a meat and potatoes person, lol.
Besides, Salvatores is WAYYYY out of my budget! :eek:
@Nancy Oh so you're so so much into Italian dishes, then...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy Oh so you're so so much into Italian dishes, then...

Unless I make homemade gnocchi's...potato egg dumpling really, I put ricotta and Romano cheese in the dough...they take a long time to prepare and get the consistency correct or, you can screw up this dish very easily. This Italian dish, I DO like!

Reactions: Helen and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rita
@Rita
So does your son like it as well? :)

Here it's only early afternoon, long time yet before supper...

R

Rita

I can describe a blancmange in one word.
DISGUSTING! :D :D

When I was a child that was one of the main reasons I hate birthday parties.
For some reason the mothers always served blancmange. The texture made me vomit. Strange really because is it just like a fruit flavoured Jello made with milk. I liked red or orange Jello , but seeing a pink blancmange quivering on a plate sent me into orbit! :D

I remember at that time 'everyone' seemed to own Rabbit shaped moulds :rolleyes:
I never like it much, same with tapioca - yuk !!!!!!!

R

Rita

@Rita
So does your son like it as well? :)

Here it's only early afternoon, long time yet before supper...
I am not sure if Dan has ever had it Farouk, given that I don’t like it much I doubt I would have ever made it for him. I doubt he even knows what it is !!

Rita

R

Rita

Anyone ever had tripe and onions? yuk yuk yuk
Bread and dripping ?
What about haggis ? Porridge with salt ?
just curious