[Solved]Matthew 12:31

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
i just hope you are right... but how do you know?

Hello Basuraako,

Welcome to the forums.

In the sacrament of reconcilliation, when the Church pronounces your absolution, you have objective evidence that you have been forgiven..

'whos sins you forgive, they are forgiven'

Peace be with you!

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
In order to blaspheme the HS, I believe you have to come to the point where God Himself doesn't want you anymore. All manner of blasphemies will be forgiven, but if the HS decides it's had enough of you and gets offended by you when you have light of knowledge to know better, then you're done for. God is very very very patient with his creation, but not infinitely patient.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For example, say I was to lay hands on a sick person and command them to be made whole and they were made whole and someone said "Oh that was satan who did that and made you think it was the Holy Spirit." That person is blaspheming the Holy Spirit

It doesnt work like that because you're not Jesus.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We have all been trying to figure that one out for the past 2,000 years.
ya! my guess is that it is a thing done in the moment, in ignorance, and despite the somewhat deceptive language i doubt any permanent condemnation attaches to it anyway? More like "that sin will always be condemned" prolly

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:22-32. This case of blasphemy is a specific one, called "the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" in Matthew 12:31. In Matthew 12:31-32, the Pharisees (who were not Christians) having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was casting out demons in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that Jesus had an unclean spirit and casts them out by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons. (Matthew 12:24; Mark 3:30) Jesus was very specific about what they did to commit "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" and these Pharisees who committed this unforgivable sin were not believers.
hmm, you dont think they were "believers?"

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
will they forget this if I fall to Christ Jesus? will they forget my sin as well as what I did in the holy spirit ?
i srsly doubt that you have seen the Holy Spirit in action and "blasphemed" it at the time anyway?
fwiw most Christians have this fear at some point, and we generally recognize the worry as evidence that you have not;
not sure why that is though :)

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

what are the sins considered against the holy spirit?

if I sinned against the holy spirit it would be better for me to die now I will also die in the next life I have no hope says christ and this is reality

it's so depressing but what can I do it is reality can I do anything to forgive me nothing.

This tension misses an essential point. Jesus was addressing teachers of the law who took a real work of the Holy Spirit, a miracle of healing, and called it a work of an evil spirit. His warning was in effect arguing theology, sinning and doing harm always could be repented of, but if one takes that which is of God, a work of grace and purity and call it a work of evil, that cannot be forgiven.

One way of interpreting this, is those who are so lost to truth, love and openness, are so closed and full of sin, lost in darkness, they will never find their way out. Jesus is warning such folk, that when in this state, forgiveness can never reach them.

It is also a warning to us, to judge clearly the works of love and grace, and praise God for His working, no matter the context or how we feel about it. God is sovereign and we have no place standing in judgement. God bless you

Reactions: marks and Cooper

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's so depressing but what can I do it is reality can I do anything to forgive me nothing.

You seem to be struggling with wanting to know for sure IF you Can be sure NOW that you have an Afterlife With the Lord God.

The answer is YES.
The WAY and How is simple.

Only you personally can answer for yourself.
*) Do you Believe (in you heart) IN the Heavenly God, being Creator and Maker of All things?
*) Do you Believe (in your heart) God SENT His Word, as a man, (called JESUS) into the World, to Offer Salvation to All men?
*) Do you Believe (in your heart) Jesus Bodily Died and was Bodily Raised up to Living By the Power of God?
*) Do you Believe (in your heart) This JESUS, is the True Word of God?
*) Do you Believe (in your heart) This JESUS is the Christ of God / meaning the POWER of God, that CAN,
NOW, MAKE you WHOLE, WHOLLY (Perfected)
(body, soul, spirit), By, Through, IN Christ , Once and Forever ?

"IF" those answers "ARE" YES...
The HOW is Simple-
Call out to the Lord Jesus, in His Name...
* ) ASK for Forgiveness for your sins...
* *)You having been Naturally born, with out Belief.
* *)every day you lived without Belief...
TRUST in your heart, He is Faithful and Shall forgive All of your sins.

**) TELL Him, the Answers to YOUR YES.
TRUST in your heart, "He" is Faithful and "Shall make you wholly Kept unto Him forever."

And it is important for you to Know.
IF you call on His Name, and willingly Agree for Him to make you whole...
There will be "men", who will hate you, For your Belief, Same as there were men who Hated Jesus, for His Belief.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: michaelvpardo

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what are the sins considered against the holy spirit?

There is only ONE SIN against the Holy Spirit and @mailmandan "got it" right.

In this day and age, I don't believe anyone will commit this particular "unpardonable sin" committed by the Pharisees and Scribes...BECAUSE THEY SAID, HE HATH AN UNCLEAN SPIRIT that is, they attributed Jesus' power to Satan, instead of to the Holy Spirit.

To God Be The Glory

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
i srsly doubt that you have seen the Holy Spirit in action and "blasphemed" it at the time anyway?
fwiw most Christians have this fear at some point, and we generally recognize the worry as evidence that you have not;
not sure why that is though :)
hopefully not yet but if i were to doubt this then i doubted that my prayers haven't been heard nor answered but it has the day i created this thread

Reactions: bbyrd009

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
I have no idea what you are talking about.
because how do you or how do I know who does the work is actually the holy spirit inside you ?.

now that you are the only one who said that and anyone can claim that just like in my experience

and when i tell you this story you will put a dot telling this is absurd i am 100% sure they are not the holy spirit because it is not you who is doing it

so when you are the maker you can really say the holy spirit is in you and doing the good work while other people cannot

I know a religion Christian spiritist whose head is the holy spirit how do you know if the spirit is from God they say if they testify that christ jesus is from the flesh and incarnate christ jesus is the son of God and they did they heal the sick they say things that will happen and they will come true.

this is how it's done the medium(human) used by the holy spirit to enter inside and talk

for sure you will deny that this is the work of the holy spirit because it does not belong to you

i am just saying you sound like a hypocrite

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
You seem to be struggling with wanting to know for sure IF you Can be sure NOW that you have an Afterlife With the Lord God.

The answer is YES.
The WAY and How is simple.

Only you personally can answer for yourself.
*) Do you Believe (in you heart) IN the Heavenly God, being Creator and Maker of All things?
*) Do you Believe (in your heart) God SENT His Word, as a man, (called JESUS) into the World, to Offer Salvation to All men?
*) Do you Believe (in your heart) Jesus Bodily Died and was Bodily Raised up to Living By the Power of God?
*) Do you Believe (in your heart) This JESUS, is the True Word of God?
*) Do you Believe (in your heart) This JESUS is the Christ of God / meaning the POWER of God, that CAN,
NOW, MAKE you WHOLE, WHOLLY (Perfected)
(body, soul, spirit), By, Through, IN Christ , Once and Forever ?

"IF" those answers "ARE" YES...
The HOW is Simple-
Call out to the Lord Jesus, in His Name...
* ) ASK for Forgiveness for your sins...
* *)You having been Naturally born, with out Belief.
* *)every day you lived without Belief...

**) TELL Him, the Answers to YOUR YES.
TRUST in your heart, "He" is Faithful and "Shall make you wholly Kept unto Him forever."

And it is important for you to Know.
IF you call on His Name, and willingly Agree for Him to make you whole...
There will be "men", who will hate you, For your Belief, Same as there were men who Hated Jesus, for His Belief.

Glory to God,
Taken
one thing is for sure i hate lies so don't start one just saying but i did not say you lied i just have a feeling that what you believe is wrong

christ jesus is the one who said those things but now you are saying if i did ever blasphemed the holy spirit

God will forgive me if i call out... you are the one who said that not God

the word of God said it is unpardonable
so what you are saying is somewhat equivalent to lies

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
every day you lived without Belief...
not all sins can be forgiven qwq and this is the truth don't lie to yourself do not rely on nothing just to comfort yourself

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
one thing is for sure i hate lies so don't start one just saying but i did not say you lied i just have a feeling that what you believe is wrong

I did Not start a Lie.
I said nothing about you Lying.
The only one talking about Lies...is You!

christ jesus is the one who said those things but now you are saying if i did ever blasphemed the holy spirit

I said no such thing.
If you blasphemed the Holy Spirit...already posted THAT consequence (Post # 16) is a Forfiet of Salvation.

The post you responded to is For one who HAS NOT blasphemed the Holy Spirit and Desires to Receive Salvation.

God will forgive me if i call out... you are the one who said that not God

Go read Post #16...
If you blasphemed against the Holy Spirit...
That is Not a pardonable Sin.

If you desire Salvation of your soul...THAT is BY and through The Lord Jesus.
And YES, He has the Power to Pardon your soul.

If you do Not desire Salvation of your Soul, that is your Business/Choice.

And Yes if you Desire Salvation of your Soul...
Yes, As I said to call upon Him, In His Name!

Rom 10:
[13] For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

the word of God said it is unpardonable
so what you are saying is somewhat equivalent to lies

No. It is equivalent to you not knowing WHO to call upon TO Receive WHAT.

Your body, soul and spirit are not the same things.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" is mentioned in Mark 3:22-30 and Matthew 12:22-32. This case of blasphemy is a specific one, called "the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" in Matthew 12:31. In Matthew 12:31-32, the Pharisees (who were not Christians) having witnessed irrefutable proof that Jesus was casting out demons in the power of the Holy Spirit, claimed instead that Jesus had an unclean spirit and casts them out by Beelzebul the ruler of the demons. (Matthew 12:24; Mark 3:30) Jesus was very specific about what they did to commit "blasphemy against the Holy Spirit" and these Pharisees who committed this unforgivable sin were not believers.
Amen, they were never believers, because they rejected Jesus, to reject Jesus is to com it this sin

but look what Jesus said, they were in Danger of.....

we all are in a state of this sin until we come to Christ. If we die in this state, that is what will condemn us,

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not all sins can be forgiven qwq and this is the truth don't lie to yourself do not rely on nothing just to comfort yourself

I don't lie or comfort myself.
Accusing other of lies, is not becoming to you.
You are the one who comes to this forum Revealing your own depression of not understanding...then accuse others of lying, because you do not pay attention to what is being told you.

You seem to be concerned, implying through ignorance, YOU in the past Blasphemed against the Holy Spirit...
I told you what Blaspheming Against the Holy Spirit means.
Only YOU know if you have done that or Not.
If you Have...that Will effect "your spirit".
If you have Concerns about The Salvation of "your soul"... the Lord Jesus provides A WAY, for saving of your "soul".

The every part (body, soul, spirit) WHOLE of a man Shall face Judgement and Sentence.

What becomes of a man's body, a man's soul, a man's spirit...Is Judged, and the Sentence pronounced at the "Sentencing"... and the "Sentence" carried out, for the man's body, the man's soul, the man's spirit.

All things CAN be Forgiven the man's body and the man's soul...But all things can Not be forgiven the man's spirit Which Blasphemed Against The Holy Spirit.

And the Consequences...Good or Bad...for Being Forgiven (body, soul, spirit) or NOT are revealed in Scripture.