Some good information for Dave

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Jane I have another question I know it’s totaly off topic but please give your simplest answer. If you were to pass today and awoke face to face with a Holy God and he said Jane what have you done that I should grant you entrance into my heaven. What would be your answer? Simple question, just tryin to understand what you believe
We need the one Mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2.5).

Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jane I have another question I know it’s totaly off topic but please give your simplest answer. If you were to pass today and awoke face to face with a Holy God and he said Jane what have you done that I should grant you entrance into my heaven. What would be your answer? Simple question, just tryin to understand what you believe
I appreciate your approach here. Thank you for it.

I would answer honestly: nothing *I* have done grants me entrance to Heaven. I'm a sinner- a major screw up whom knowingly and purposely rebelled against God. What I deserve is the exact opposite of living in God's wonderful presence. However, Jesus Christ, your Only Begotten Son of God... He loves me, so much that He died for me- taking upon Himself my scarlet bloody sins, so that I may be washed clean and through Him dwell in your presence. He is my Lord, my Savior, and my everything to whom I am grateful beyond words."

Sidenote: Yes, Christ didn't just die for me, He died for the entire world. But I myself am included in there, and He's not just some vague "for everyone" figure in my mind-- He is MY Savior, MY king. That connection... it is the core of everything.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate your approach here. Thank you for it.

I would answer honestly: nothing *I* have done grants me entrance to Heaven. I'm a sinner- a major screw up whom knowingly and purposely rebelled against God. What I deserve is the exact opposite of living in God's wonderful presence. However, Jesus Christ, your Only Begotten Son of God... He loves me, so much that He died for me- taking upon Himself my scarlet bloody sins, so that I may be washed clean and through Him dwell in your presence. He is my Lord, my Savior, and my everything to whom I am grateful beyond words."

Sidenote: Yes, Christ didn't just die for me, He died for the entire world. But I myself am included in there, and He's not just some vague "for everyone" figure in my mind-- He is MY Savior, MY king. That connection... it is the core of everything.
Very Christian answer. You can only call him Lord by the power of his Spirit. I may have been judgmentaly bias due to your religious affiliation.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very Christian answer. You can only call him Lord by the power of his Spirit. I may have been judgmentaly bias due to your religious affiliation.
Thank you for being willing to look at real testimony, and not blinded by preconceptions.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Co 11:3, But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4, For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Jde 1:3, Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jde 1:4, For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, even our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Jesus of Mormonism is clearly a different Jesus than the Jesus of the Bible; and Mormonism is clearly a different gospel, a different faith than the faith that was once delivered unto the saints. It denies the only Lord God even our Lord Jesus Christ, in that it defines Jesus differently than He is defined in reality; it sets forth a different Jesus than the true and real Jesus Christ of Nazareth. The Jesus of Mormonism is a separate God from God the Father, among a very great multitude of many other gods. This is not the God of the Bible. It is not the Jesus of the Bible. Mormonism presents another Jesus and another gospel; its primary book even admits to being another testament of Jesus Christ.

To state these things is not to persecute Mormons; for it is written that faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Those Mormons who consider that I am persecuting them for that I am exposing their faith for what it is need to understand that their faith is based in a lie and that I am being your friend in exposing that lie for what it is.

Now I don't claim to be an expert in dealing with Mormons but I do have enough love for them to want to show them the error of their ways; as it is written,

Jas 5:19, Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20, Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

If to seek to be obedient to this passage of scripture makes me a persecutor, then I gladly wear the label!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Co 11:3, But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
2Co 11:4, For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Jde 1:3, Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.
Jde 1:4, For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, even our Lord Jesus Christ.

The Jesus of Mormonism is clearly a different Jesus than the Jesus of the Bible; and Mormonism is clearly a different gospel, a different faith than the faith that was once delivered unto the saints. It denies the only Lord God even our Lord Jesus Christ, in that it defines Jesus differently than He is defined in reality; it sets forth a different Jesus than the true and real Jesus Christ of Nazareth. The Jesus of Mormonism is a separate God from God the Father, among a very great multitude of many other gods. This is not the God of the Bible. It is not the Jesus of the Bible. Mormonism presents another Jesus and another gospel; its primary book even admits to being another testament of Jesus Christ.

To state these things is not to persecute Mormons; for it is written that faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

Those Mormons who consider that I am persecuting them for that I am exposing their faith for what it is need to understand that their faith is based in a lie and that I am being your friend in exposing that lie for what it is.

Now I don't claim to be an expert in dealing with Mormons but I do have enough love for them to want to show them the error of their ways; as it is written,

Jas 5:19, Brethren, if any of you do err from the truth, and one convert him;
Jas 5:20, Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

If to seek to be obedient to this passage of scripture makes me a persecutor, then I gladly wear the label!
For a third time now:
There is no "proselytize" option for this interaction.
Right now you're just showing off how little you know about what I believe, with the same old horribly flawed "anti cult" arguments I've heard (and dissected) for decades. Such is not love, but foolish arrogance.

A real love for being factual and for me would be if you were willing to listen and get the facts straight on what I *do* actually believe.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no "proselytize" option for this interaction.
I don't play by your rules, I play by Christ's rules.

And He said:

Mar 16:15, And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mat 28:19, Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20, Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Luk 24:46, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47, And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Also, the apostles said this:

Act 4:19, But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
Act 4:20, For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

Act 5:29, Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such is not love, but foolish arrogance.

1Sa 17:28, And Eliab his eldest brother heard when he spake unto the men; and Eliab's anger was kindled against David, and he said, Why camest thou down hither? and with whom hast thou left those few sheep in the wilderness? I know thy pride, and the naughtiness of thine heart; for thou art come down that thou mightest see the battle.
1Sa 17:29, And David said, What have I now done? Is there not a cause?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't play by your rules, I play by Christ's rules.

And He said:

Mar 16:15, And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mat 28:19, Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Mat 28:20, Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Luk 24:46, And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
Luk 24:47, And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Also, the apostles said this:

Act 4:19, But Peter and John answered and said unto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God to hearken unto you more than unto God, judge ye.
Act 4:20, For we cannot but speak the things which we have seen and heard.

Act 5:29, Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
For a FOURTH time:
All you are doing right now is showing off how little you know about what I believe. This is not love, this is not being Christ-like. A real love for being factual and for me would be if you were willing to listen and get the facts straight on what I *do* actually believe.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All you are doing right now is showing off how little you know about what I believe. This is not love, this is not being Christ-like.
It is clear that you do not define love the same way I do.

I define it as attempting to pull you out of a pit; or at the very least to keep others from falling into the same pit.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is clear that you do not define love the same way I do.

I define it as attempting to pull you out of a pit; or at the very least to keep others from falling into the same pit.
Love starts by really seeing that person.

The thing you are trying to "pull out of a pit" only exists in your imagination. It is not me or my beliefs, as you do not know them.

You can either examine things for yourself (listen and actually see things) or continue to rescue imaginary thing.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thoroughly examining a point is always a good thing.
Blindly follow (as you are recording I do and you yourself are doing here) is folly.
I'm interested in how you deal with the points I have made in my most previous posts above, after thoroughly examining them; especially what you do with Jude 1:3-4, which tells us that the faith was once delivered to the saints (in the 1st Century and in Israel when and where Jude was written).

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm interested in how you deal with the points I have made in my most previous posts above, after thoroughly examining them; especially what you do with Jude 1:3-4, which tells us that the faith was once delivered to the saints (in the 1st Century and in Israel when and where Jude was written).
Are you *actually* interested in listening?
I am skeptical because when we talked earlier my discussions were ignored and you recited "anti cult" arguments. Thus far in this thread I has seen that exact same behavior.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Love starts by really seeing that person.

The thing you are trying to "pull out of a pit" only exists in your imagination. It is not me or my beliefs, as you do not know them.

You can either examine things for yourself (listen and actually see things) or continue to rescue imaginary thing.
To be honest with you, my Bible tells me to just let you be accursed since you preach another gospel; so my aim in these things is geared more to helping others to steer clear of the false gospel that you might try to preach to them once you get them into your "parlor".

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be honest with you, my Bible tells me to just let you be accursed since you preach another gospel; so my aim in these things is geared more to helping others to steer clear of the false gospel that you might try to preach to them once you get them into your "parlor".
And what if the "anti cult" material gave you bad information here?
Are you willing to really examine things and discard bad information?