Some people are Christians.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Peltast

Dec 26, 2011
A lot of buses in the UK right now are carrying posters with the slogan Some people are gay. Get over it. A bus driver who is a Christian has refused to drive a bus with such a poster on the side. Some people are Christians. Get over it.

In a related news item, a Christian who opposes gay marriage has won a tribunal case.

Rocky Wiley

Aug 28, 2012
Southeast USA
Hi Peltast,

We can't win sinners to the Lord by publicly pointing out their sin. That will just build the barrier between us so none can witness to them. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God, no one had to point out my sins but God.

I believe we must love the person, even as we hate the sin.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trying to convert a nonbeliever by forcing them to conform to a moral code they have no reason to believe in is foolish. Christianity is a conversion from the inside. Morality only follows when a believer is able to love others and God in response to God's love for him.

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
Trying to convert a nonbeliever by forcing them to conform to a moral code they have no reason to believe in is foolish. Christianity is a conversion from the inside. Morality only follows when a believer is able to love others and God in response to God's love for him.

amen.gif

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
aspen2 said:

-- According to your words, God's Great Commission to spread the Gospel to all nations is "foolish."

His promise that you will be hated and despised in His name is nothing but "foolish." An unnecessary, non-productive self-inflicted wound.

You missed the part in 1 Cor. 18 that says, "For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God." (kjv)

It is that "power of God" that comes from the "preaching" that leads to the "conversion from the inside" that you speak of.

The "conversion from the inside" you speak of only comes after they have heard the Gospel, been shown who Christ is, and shown not only how much He loves you, but what He expect from you and why.

How can you not know that?

God said, "and you will be hated by all for my name’s sake. But the one who endures to the end will be saved." (Matt 10:22)
And why will we be hated?
Because we are to share the truth and while that truth is unpopular to those who are lost, when they come to actually accept that truth, THEN they are set free.

They cannot accept a truth that they haven't heard.

Translation: God says that the lost NEED to hear what you call "foolish."

And save me the "If there is a homosexual who doesn't know that God thinks homosexuality is wrong, I will be glad to tell them" schtick you fall back on.

If you aren't telling them the why, the cost, the price Christ paid for them, the love He has for them, and the reward for accepting Him, then you are leaving them on the path to eternal damnation. THAT is foolish, not to mention exactly the opposite of what God charges us to do.

Reactions: Angelina

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
I don't, believe aspens comment had anything to do with the "great commission" we are called to. The issue is "forcing them".

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Aspen's opinion - as he himself has stated here more than once - is that if we are voting against Gay Marraige, we are "forcing our beliefs" on others.

He also stated - ridiculously - that Christians vote against Gay Marraige in order to 'convert' homosexuals.

Questor

Messianic Gentile
Jun 11, 2012
SoCal Mountains
Faith
Country
United States
Like YHVH, I prefer to offer free will to people. If they want to pretend that Homosexuality is a great lifestyle, well, that is their choice, and they unfortunately will have long term consequences to deal with.

I would not like to force my morality on anyone by requiring anyone to live the way I live. I wish that civil law still matched Biblical law, but I don't want a Christian-Judaic sharia type law or government.

I would however like to keep others from forcing their morality on me. If I don't wear a Cross or Star of David to protect others from my viewpoint, it would be terrific if those who have chosen to live in gender confusion would not force me and mine to suffer through their continuous show of having no morals at all.

However, since they keep pressing for the sacrement of marriage in churches they don't belong to, I'll keep pressing them to see that Yeshua died for their sin of homosexuality, along with the rest of the sins Yeshua died for.

CIvil marriages to me are outside the Word of YHVH, and so I am indifferent to them except where they begin to force their morality upon me, which they do, by pressing for any marriage. And so, I will keep arguing against any marriage for them of any kind.

Q