Something odd about today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true, even though I am a vegetarian, this movement is basically pantheism, Satan is using everything in his playbook to separate us from God. Its unbelievable...
Yes that's what I'm seeing from world leaders and even some US leaders. I think the US has backed off a little though which is nice to see.

Dreamer1972

Dec 9, 2023
East Midlands, UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat

This was before the fall. God clearly sees the ideal diet for humans as a vegan one. Fallen humans might prefer meat

Reactions: marks

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat

This was before the fall. God clearly sees the ideal diet for humans as a vegan one. Fallen humans might prefer meat
A lot changed after the flood of Noah. People stopped living up to a 1000 years and the climate altered. God tells man this. The earth that then was destroyed by water and the word of God.

1 And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. 2 The fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth and upon every bird of the heavens, upon everything that creeps on the ground and all the fish of the sea. Into your hand they are delivered. 3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood. 5 And for your lifeblood I will require a reckoning: from every beast I will require it and from man. From his fellow man I will require a reckoning for the life of man.

6 “Whoever sheds the blood of man,
by man shall his blood be shed,
for God made man in his own image.
7 And you,[a] be fruitful and multiply, increase greatly on the earth and multiply in it.”

For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished.

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which happened AFTER the fall. My point exactly. The ideal diet for mankind (as he should be, pre-fall) is a vegan one.
Not necessarily accurate though is it. The fall changed man and he began aging and heading for his death. Man was changed physically. Vegan was before the fall.

Dreamer1972

Dec 9, 2023
East Midlands, UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not necessarily accurate though is it. The fall changed man and he began aging and heading for his death. Man was changed physically. Vegan was before the fall.
But our dietry needs have not changed. We can and do survive quite happily on a vegan diet. I would say that our DESIRE for flesh is due to the fall, but we don't NEED it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But our dietry needs have not changed. We can and do survive quite happily on a vegan diet. I would say that our DESIRE for flesh is due to the fall, but we don't NEED it.
You're wrong and you need to study up on the risks of a vegan diet. Here is an article:

The Impact of a Vegan Diet on Many Aspects of Health: The Overlooked Side of Veganism

"Vegetarianism in any of its various forms, particularly veganism, has been increasing in popularity over the past few years, especially among the young population in the United States. While several studies have shown that a vegan diet (VD) decreases the risk of cardiometabolic diseases, such as cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes mellitus, obesity, and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, veganism has been associated with adverse health outcomes, namely, nervous, skeletal, and immune system impairments, hematological disorders, as well as mental health problems due to the potential for micro and macronutrient deficits. The goal of this review article is to discuss the current literature on the impact and long-term consequences of veganism on vulnerable populations, including children, adolescents, pregnant and breastfeeding women, and fetal outcomes in strict vegan mothers. It also focuses on the many deficiencies of the vegan diet, especially vitamin B12, and the related increased risk of malignancies."

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Which happened AFTER the fall. My point exactly. The ideal diet for mankind (as he should be, pre-fall) is a vegan one.
God made a change though, authored it. You cannot say man is not different after the flood.
Even though death entered the world at the fall in Eden, man after the flood, his lifespan fell hugely.

No flesh to be eaten with it's life, with it's blood. God gave man animals to be eaten as his food, along with plants. There should be no condemnation of meat eaters from any Christians.

3 Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything. 4 But you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

Dreamer1972

Dec 9, 2023
East Midlands, UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
You're wrong and you need to study up on the risks of a vegan diet. Here is an article:...
Thank you for that, but I'm loth to click on unknown links. I get my info from the highest authority on health in my country...
Everything we need , with the exception of Vitamin B12 (which can be got from fortified foods) can be found in a vegan diet

Last edited:

Dreamer1972

Dec 9, 2023
East Midlands, UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There should be no condemnation of meat eaters from any Christians.
I'm not condemning meat-eaters. I am saying that I believe God wants us to be vegan but it is not a sin to eat animals. My conscience forbids me from eating fellow beings, and I am also disturbed by the way they are treated on farms. But this is a personal opinion, not one I would force on others

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for that, but I'm loth to click on unknown links. I get my info from the highest authority on health in my country...
Everything we need , with the exception of Vitamin B12 (which can be got from fortified foods) can be found in a vegan diet
You have been indoctrinated clearly. And I did post the basic negative health impacts on the body from veganism. But honestly you don't sound like you want to discuss the subject objectively.

Dreamer1972

Dec 9, 2023
East Midlands, UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm not condemning meat-eaters. I am saying that I believe God wants us to be vegan but it is not a sin to eat animals. My conscience forbids me from eating fellow beings, and I am also disturbed by the way they are treated on farms. But this is a personal opinion, not one I would force on others
God wants us to eat meat or vegetables and both, that is what God said. Since God gave us animals as food, He expects us to eat animals without concern from Him. God gave animals to us for food.

Dreamer1972

Dec 9, 2023
East Midlands, UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God wants us to eat meat or vegetables and both, that is what God said. Since God gave us animals as food, He expects us to eat animals without concern from Him. God gave animals to us for food.
He gave us permission to eat them, yes. But He didn't command us to. Or did He? Would you say that being vegan is a sin? Am I condemned to Hell because I don't eat animals?

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I knew a Hindu women at work refused to eat meat as meat has a brain. And a brain means sentient reincarnated life.

An exception though was the 'Flower of the Sea', fish and crabs and things.

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure there is protein in meat. but meat was not part of our original diet .
I'm sure the diet given by the Creator was best for us.

That might have been true pre-fall, but not post-fall. Vegetables today are lower in nutrients due to soil depletion, and some vitamins and minerals are either difficult or impossible to get from vegetables alone. Now, perhaps Adam & Eve had access to fruits and vegetables that don't exist anymore. They most assuredly had more nutrient-dense fruits\vegetables than we do today.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because I disagree with you?

My source is sound. There are no negative health impacts.

I'm happy to. Have you read my source?
I've always remembered my friend's uncle Joel. He switched to a vegetarian diet in his 50's, and his doctor told him he aged himself 15 years in less then 5 due to malnutrition.

You have to learn what to eat, it's easy to not get sufficient nutrition. If you know what you're doing you can. I know a couple currently who has had to modify to a partial vegan diet, enhanced with salmon and some other things.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He commanded the eating of animals in the sacrifices for Israel.

Much love!

Reactions: Scott Downey