Something odd about today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That might have been true pre-fall, but not post-fall. Vegetables today are lower in nutrients due to soil depletion, and some vitamins and minerals are either difficult or impossible to get from vegetables alone. Now, perhaps Adam & Eve had access to fruits and vegetables that don't exist anymore. They most assuredly had more nutrient-dense fruits\vegetables than we do today.
of course--that is exactly why He told Noah he could eat meat as well. but you can have a healthy diet eating fruits and vegs. You need to make sure you are the correct amt of vitamins. and minerals. And vegans need to supplement with Vitamon B12

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course--that is exactly why He told Noah he could eat meat as well.

It may have been for more practical reasons as well. There's reasons to believe the climate was temperate year round before the flood. With the introduction of winter, it would have been more difficult for early humans to survive on plants alone.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It may have been for more practical reasons as well. There's reasons to believe the climate was temperate year round before the flood. With the introduction of winter, it would have been more difficult for early humans to survive on plants alone.
After the flood everything changed. It was not the same kind of world. Don't forget though that God had cursed the ground because of Adam and Eve. The prophecy was that after the flood, they would get some relief on the farming and growing of food.

Genesis 3 on the curse.

16 To the woman He said:

“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be [a]for your husband,
And he shall rule over you.”
17 Then to Adam He said, “Because you have heeded the voice of your wife, and have eaten from the tree of which I commanded you, saying, ‘You shall not eat of it’:

“Cursed is the ground for your sake;
In toil you shall eat of it
All the days of your life.
18 Both thorns and thistles it shall [b]bring forth for you,
And you shall eat the herb of the field.

Then the prophecy about after the flood
And also God again blessed Noah and family and told them seed time and harvest will not cease until the end.

Genesis 5
28 Lamech lived one hundred and eighty-two years, and had a son. 29 And he called his name Noah,[b] saying, “This one will comfort us concerning our work and the toil of our hands, because of the ground which the Lord has cursed.”

God’s Covenant with Creation​

Genesis 8
20 Then Noah built an altar to the Lord, and took of every clean animal and of every clean bird, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. 21 And the Lord smelled a soothing aroma. Then the Lord said in His heart, “I will never again curse the ground for man’s sake, although the imagination[a] of man’s heart is evil from his youth; nor will I again destroy every living thing as I have done.

22 “While the earth remains,
Seedtime and harvest,
Cold and heat,
Winter and summer,
And day and night
Shall not cease.”

Reactions: Jericho

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
However, painful childbirth God did not relieve. He did remove the curse on the ground.

It was not just childbirth becoming painful, the husband will rule over the wife. And the wife's desire shall be for the husband, and she shall have sorrows.

“I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception;
In pain you shall bring forth children;
Your desire shall be [a]for your husband,
And he shall rule over you.”