Something we all can prepare to do for the days the lay ahead

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The day of reckoning" has been an announcement and now it is time to prepare. The church in general has not done a good job doing this. We read the scriptures, we teach motivational words, but just like the ministry Jesus gave to us on his ascension the scriptures alike were meant to teach us about him. And today both are failing to do that not because of God, but because of us..
Jesus speaking to the religious folks that did not know God said, "You search and keep on searching and examining the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and yet it is those [very Scriptures] that testify about Me; and still you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life." John 5-39-40
In other words some people have a missing component that is keeping them from knowing the Lord intimately, closely and the barrier that keeps them from doing that is rebellion. And this rebellion is served up in many ways by those who pretending to be someone they are not or are hiding in sin that keeps them from coming to the truth themselves. The things they say then becomes tainted food that is served. Partake in some of it and you may only become apathetic or complacent. If eat more of it you may become disoriented or lost. If you eat a lot of it you may become sick and die.
Jesus warned his disciples of this when he said, “Watch out and be on your guard against the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” Matthew 16:6 Amp
Then the disciples finally understood among themselves, "He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the [false] teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees." Matthew 16:12
Why?, because they made up what they did not know.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The day of reckoning" has been an announcement and now it is time to prepare. The church in general has not done a good job doing this. We read the scriptures, we teach motivational words, but just like the ministry Jesus gave to us on his ascension the scriptures alike were meant to teach us about him. And today both are failing to do that not because of God, but because of us..
Jesus speaking to the religious folks that did not know God said, "You search and keep on searching and examining the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and yet it is those [very Scriptures] that testify about Me; and still you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life." John 5-39-40
In other words some people have a missing component that is keeping them from knowing the Lord intimately, closely and the barrier that keeps them from doing that is rebellion. And this rebellion is served up in many ways by those who pretending to be someone they are not or are hiding in sin that keeps them from coming to the truth themselves. The things they say then becomes tainted food that is served. Partake in some of it and you may only become apathetic or complacent. If eat more of it you may become disoriented or lost. If you eat a lot of it you may become sick and die.
Jesus warned his disciples of this when he said, “Watch out and be on your guard against the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees.” Matthew 16:6 Amp
Then the disciples finally understood among themselves, "He did not tell them to beware of the leaven of bread, but of the [false] teaching of the Pharisees and Sadducees." Matthew 16:12
Why?, because they made up what they did not know.

Hi Mark,
I like your videos. And yes, I was encouraged, thank you :)

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Mark,

When you say, "the church in general", do you mean, "all who call themselves Christian"? Or, "all who are born again with the Holy Spirit living in them"? Something different?

Much love!
Unfortunately, today I believe it is both. I also believe there are those who started out well having been seduced to believe things that are not true and now are perpetuating lies that mislead others. Even if it is as simple a gathering others unto themselves for what ever reason forget it was God who gave them place and position.
James 3:1 Be not many of you teachers, my brethren, knowing that we shall receive heavier judgment.
or
1 Timothy 4:1 But the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceitful spirits and teachings of demons

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, today I believe it is both.
So then you are of the opinion that the born again believers are generally in rebellion against God? And therefore lack intimacy?

I think that God's children are no longer in rebellion against Him, having been reconciled to God, and united to Him.

I think that the lack of intimacy with God which we experience as God's children is when we stop trusting entirely on His work in us, and begin to think that our reconciliation to God is somehow defective, because we are defective, and we have to fix ourselves so we can be right with God.

I think that the real path to intimacy is that we trust in Jesus entirely, being accepted by God completely, in Jesus. We know we are defective, in our flesh, that is, but in our spirit, we are united forever to our loving Father. In this is the freedom where we will find the trust for whatever difficult times lay ahead.

Much love!

Reactions: HisLife and Nancy

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think that the real path to intimacy is that we trust in Jesus entirely, being accepted by God completely, in Jesus. We know we are defective, in our flesh, that is, but in our spirit, we are united forever to our loving Father. In this is the freedom where we will find the trust for whatever difficult times lay ahead.
Sadly.... many believers desire to pluck the lambs from His care... accusing them of disobedience when they are infact simply ABIDING in the Shepherd and resting in the finished work on the cross. Too many busy bodies accusing and condemning.

Reactions: marks

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sadly.... many believers desire to pluck the lambs from His care... accusing them of disobedience when they are infact simply ABIDING in the Shepherd and resting in the finished work on the cross. Too many busy bodies accusing and condemning.
Yeah, the apostles are so silly too accusing folks of their disobedience in the scriptures and reminding them to walk straight. And what was wrong with Jude? I am being facetious.

Mark Balicki

Jun 6, 2020
IRON MOUNTAIN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then you are of the opinion that the born again believers are generally in rebellion against God? And therefore lack intimacy?

I think that God's children are no longer in rebellion against Him, having been reconciled to God, and united to Him.

I think that the lack of intimacy with God which we experience as God's children is when we stop trusting entirely on His work in us, and begin to think that our reconciliation to God is somehow defective, because we are defective, and we have to fix ourselves so we can be right with God.

Much love!
Yeah, the apostles are so silly too. accusing folks of their disobedience in the scriptures and reminding them to walk straight. And what was wrong with Jude? And the writer of hebrews. I am being facetious.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@marks Notice we got the same response?? LOL
And, did you notice it was non-sequitor?

The Apostles were correct in their admonitions. Around here, they get thrown around like kids having a mud fight.

But the copy-paste avoided having to give a meaninful response.

So . . . mass produced deflection?

Much love!