Sometimes 'normal' comes as a surpise.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
'Normal' church service this morning. We don't have a large congregation by any means, and this morning was no exception. One couple were away because of injuries from two separate accidents, another family with 4 kids under 20 were away because the father was preaching at another church. One other couple with two young kids were not there today, don't know why, Other than that, everything was as usual. Looking around I realised something. There about the usual 50-60 people attending. Of those attending, more than 40 were under the age of 25.
I don't know how others may think about this, but I think that is really special. We have conservative music (which they contribute to...no concerts) , serious interactive Bible studies, and no special catering to their age or modern fashions. Our pastor, in harmony with the church in general, teaches from scripture. He also encourages the elders to preach on regular occasions, not wanting to hold the limelight.

Reactions: Lambano