Son of God/Son of man

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I was thinking about something @Lambano said the other day about…Jesus absolutely having to be tempted just as we are and the struggle we have trying to understand it that He could be tempted if He was God.

So what was His temptation? Satan didn’t say, if You are the son of man, turn this stone to bread. He said, if you are the Son of God…

Elsewhere we read of demons crying out, we know who You are, you’re the Son of God. And He told them to be silent. And He also, in other places, told people to be silent about who He was.

I’m struggling to get this out…the temptation was to do something AS God rather than AS a son of man. As the son of man, He was very hungry and had to trust and rely on Gods Spirit and humble Himself. As the son of God, He could have made some bread.

He was talking with someone He Himself had created. How odd to think of that. Someone He had created was trying to tempt Him…

Maybe I didn’t explain that well enough…

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So I was thinking about something @Lambano said the other day about…Jesus absolutely having to be tempted just as we are and the struggle we have trying to understand it that He could be tempted if He was God.

So what was His temptation? Satan didn’t say, if You are the son of man, turn this stone to bread. He said, if you are the Son of God…

Elsewhere we read of demons crying out, we know who You are, you’re the Son of God. And He told them to be silent. And He also, in other places, told people to be silent about who He was.

I’m struggling to get this out…the temptation was to do something AS God rather than AS a son of man. As the son of man, He was very hungry and had to trust and rely on Gods Spirit and humble Himself. As the son of God, He could have made some bread.

He was talking with someone He Himself had created. How odd to think of that. Someone He had created was trying to tempt Him…

Understood. Think about that temptation. Not the bread one... The worship me one. Satan would have appeared to Jesus as an angel of light... Worship me because all this is mine and I'll give it you? Satan was pretending to be the Son... Casting doubt on Jesus convictions and His faith in the Father's declaration from 40 days previous... Thou art my Son... Remember, all Jesus had to convince Him of His true identity was the old testament scriptures. Imagine as a child learning you were the Creator of the universe, having all that power, but choosing not to use it.

Reactions: Helen

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmm. The classic interpretation of the Temptations were about HOW He was to use His power as Son of God. To use His power to satisfy His own needs, for self-aggrandizement, for worldly power?

Okay; I see that now too. That may be a better interpretation than the classic. Especially in light of the second and third temptations, which seem to be rooted in His human identity as the Son of Man: Putting God to the test and worshipping something other than God.

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You bring up a good question and sometimes its mind boggling when we as mere men try to contemplate the Son of God- having the nature of God, a Divine nature and the son of man having the nature of man, a human nature. Its where we get the 2 natures in Christ from such passages as these beside having the Title of Son of Go/son of man. John 1:1, John 1:14 - the Word who was God became flesh, a man- the Incarnation. And all the fullness of Deity/ the Godhead dwells in Him bodily, as a man. Colossians 1:19, Colossians 2:9.

Could Jesus have sinned ?

There are two sides to this interesting question. It is important to remember that this is not a question of whether Jesus sinned. Both sides agree, as the Bible clearly says, that Jesus did not sin (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:22). The question is whether Jesus could have sinned. Those who hold to “impeccability” believe that Jesus could not have sinned. Those who hold to “peccability” believe that Jesus could have sinned, but did not. Which view is correct? The clear teaching of Scripture is that Jesus was impeccable—Jesus could not have sinned. If He could have sinned, He would still be able to sin today because He retains the same essence He did while living on earth. He is the God-Man and will forever remain so, having full deity and full humanity so united in one person as to be indivisible. To believe that Jesus could sin is to believe that God could sin. “For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him” (Colossians 1:19). Colossians 2:9 adds, “For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.”

Although Jesus is fully human, He was not born with the sinful nature that we are born with. He certainly was tempted in the same way we are, in that temptations were put before Him by Satan, yet He remained sinless because God is incapable of sinning. It is against His very nature (Matthew 4:1; Hebrews 2:18, 4:15; James 1:13). Sin is by definition a trespass of the Law. God created the Law, and the Law is by nature what God would or would not do; therefore, sin is anything that God would not do by His very nature.

To be tempted is not, in and of itself, sinful. A person could tempt you with something you have no desire to do, such as committing murder or participating in sexual perversions. You probably have no desire whatsoever to take part in these actions, but you were still tempted because someone placed the possibility before you. There are at least two definitions for the word “tempted”:

1) To have a sinful proposition suggested to you by someone or something outside yourself or by your own sin nature.

2) To consider actually participating in a sinful act and the possible pleasures and consequences of such an act to the degree that the act is already taking place in your mind.

The first definition does not describe a sinful act/thought; the second does. When you dwell upon a sinful act and consider how you might be able to bring it to pass, you have crossed the line of sin. Jesus was tempted in the fashion of definition one except that He was never tempted by a sin nature because it did not exist within Him. Satan proposed certain sinful acts to Jesus, but He had no inner desire to participate in the sin. Therefore, He was tempted like we are but remained sinless.

Those who hold to peccability believe that, if Jesus could not have sinned, He could not have truly experienced temptation, and therefore could not truly empathize with our struggles and temptations against sin. We have to remember that one does not have to experience something in order to understand it. God knows everything about everything. While God has never had the desire to sin, and has most definitely never sinned, God knows and understands what sin is. God knows and understands what it is like to be tempted. Jesus can empathize with our temptations because He knows, not because He has “experienced” all the same things we have.

Jesus knows what it is like to be tempted, but He does not know what it is like to sin. This does not prevent Him from assisting us. We are tempted with sins that are common to man (1 Corinthians 10:13). These sins generally can be boiled down to three different types: “the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life” (1 John 2:16 NKJV). Examine the temptation and sin of Eve, as well as the temptation of Jesus, and you will find that the temptations for each came from these three categories. Jesus was tempted in every way and in every area that we are, but remained perfectly holy. Although our corrupt natures will have the inner desire to participate in some sins, we have the ability, through Christ, to overcome sin because we are no longer slaves to sin but rather slaves of God (Romans 6, especially verses 2 and 16-22). got ?

conclusion: I adhere to Jesus being Impeccable- like Father like Son- they share the same Divine attributes as God.

hope this helps !!!

Reactions: Nancy and marks

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jesus' will to live was the will of the flesh. Like in any of us there was an instinctive [proper usage?] desire or purpose to keep himself alive [physical life] and comfortable. Jesus showed us by example what God hopes for from each of us... to make our way equal to God's Way [or at least approach it?].

Some people say Jesus could not have denied God's Way, but I have to disagree, because Jesus had to have a real temptation with the real possibility of giving the wrong answer... or to me anyway... it loses the meaning of temptation. He felt the pressures we feel from the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life [I John 2:16]. What Jesus lacked, that none of us lack, was a personal history of failing to yield to those three attractions. He did not yield to them because in spite of the real attraction, He also had the power of God within Him, the Word. [Holy Spirit inspired]. He really understood all the alternatives... not just having guessed or theorized about them. God did not want the man of flesh Jesus [the one subject to temptation...] to live. The man of flesh, Jesus, did want to continue his natural life of flesh as you and I do. In this was his temptation to be found!

When Jesus made that last trip to Gethsemene [Matt 26:36-39] he overcame the world of his carnally tempted flesh. [He overcame the temptations of I John 2:16]. He made his will of the old man perfectly equal to the will of new man. Is not the will of the new to be, or to become, equal to the will of the Father/God?

Are we not intended to become like Him?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Understood. Think about that temptation. Not the bread one... The worship me one. Satan would have appeared to Jesus as an angel of light... Worship me because all this is mine and I'll give it you? Satan was pretending to be the Son... Casting doubt on Jesus convictions and His faith in the Father's declaration from 40 days previous... Thou art my Son... Remember, all Jesus had to convince Him of His true identity was the old testament scriptures. Imagine as a child learning you were the Creator of the universe, having all that power, but choosing not to use it.

I don’t think He only had the OT scriptures at that point. He was filled with Gods Spirit at that time, without measure. My gosh, I feel as if I could meditate on that temptation for months, or even years.

I don’t think satan was pretending to be the Son. I think he was offering back the world he had stolen to the very one he had stolen it from. I don’t know, lots and lots to see here…I think satan was trying to tempt Jesus to…do things as Gods son rather than as a son of man. Kind of a…you can have it all back a much easier way?

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus' will to live was the will of the flesh. Like in any of us there was an instinctive [proper usage?] desire or purpose to keep himself alive [physical life] and comfortable. Jesus showed us by example what God hopes for from each of us... to make our way equal to God's Way [or at least approach it?].

Some people say Jesus could not have denied God's Way, but I have to disagree, because Jesus had to have a real temptation with the real possibility of giving the wrong answer... or to me anyway... it loses the meaning of temptation. He felt the pressures we feel from the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life [I John 2:16]. What Jesus lacked, that none of us lack, was a personal history of failing to yield to those three attractions. He did not yield to them because in spite of the real attraction, He also had the power of God within Him, the Word. [Holy Spirit inspired]. He really understood all the alternatives... not just having guessed or theorized about them. God did not want the man of flesh Jesus [the one subject to temptation...] to live. The man of flesh, Jesus, did want to continue his natural life of flesh as you and I do. In this was his temptation to be found!

When Jesus made that last trip to Gethsemene [Matt 26:36-39] he overcame the world of his carnally tempted flesh. [He overcame the temptations of I John 2:16]. He made his will of the old man perfectly equal to the will of new man. Is not the will of the new to be, or to become, equal to the will of the Father/God?

Are we not intended to become like Him?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

I think it was a real temptation. In fact, I think it was a GREATER temptation than you or I will EVER know.
He had to do it as a human, a son of man. The temptation was…I mean, my gosh, was He remembering and seeing the day He created satan…? He saw the glory He had shared with the Father. I think He also saw the day He created Him…to go from that to pain, a body that tired, and to be tempted in that pain and weakness, that’s…inconceivable…

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it was a real temptation. In fact, I think it was a GREATER temptation than you or I will EVER know.
Jesus had more and more therefore was required of him than any man who lived on planet Earth before him:

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Heb 4:15

"But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more." Luke 12:48

Many believers [?] today seem to think that when they have received the Holy Spirit the final battle has been won, but according to what Jesus said in the above verse a whole lot more is required from them because they have been given so much. Are they moving toward that or asking God to help them accomplish that?

Believers in the OT did not always have the Holy Spirit available to them but not as much was required of them as God requires from Spirit filled believers today. This I believe! This is why Jesus also said this:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." John 14:12

Only by the power of God in us may we do greater things than Jesus did...!

Only by the power of God in him may any person overcome temptation as Jesus overcame temptation.

Reactions: Azim and Helen

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." John 14:12

And that’s the other verse I was just now pondering. Why don’t we see that?
I think it should maybe be better said, he that believes INTO Me…I think I heard that somewhere before…yes, I’m certain, it was epi who said it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that’s the other verse I was just now pondering. Why don’t we see that?
Why did the natural children of Israel limit God in the OT?

Ps 78:41 Yea, they turned back and tempted God, and limited the Holy One of Israel.

Perhaps the ones believing in OSAS are limiting God, but how many of their opposition are doing better?

How many are admitting their unbelief and surrendering it to God... putting it in His hands?

"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.
And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief." Mark 9:23-24

I am not excluding myself from those who are failing to really surrender fully to God!

Reactions: Azim and Brakelite

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How many are admitting their unbelief and surrendering it to God... putting it in His hands?

That’s exactly why we don’t see it. Unbelief, (despite what we claim).
And yes, why not just admit what we see we lack and ASK for what we see we lack?

It’s because we have been taught wrong.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In every story there needs to be someone that against the other, it is interesting found in Job that Satan was able to go into the heavens going back and forth to and fro from heaven to earth.

Jesus was tempted by his flesh, because he was the Son of David and was very much the second Adam (Which God created out the dirt of the earth and breathed life into him; God sent his Word; which was heavenly born into the flesh named Jesus).

Satan came to tempt Jesus with all the kingdoms of the earth perhaps spiritual vision or actual seeing it (however you may take it), that if Jesus would have submitted to what Satan had suggested: Satan would perhaps be able to have gave everything to Jesus because Satan at the time and point was the prince of the earth - or the title deed holder of the earth and the arbiter of death (I could be wrong).

In note of the Demons - They also knew that they would have an end which would be forever in the lake of fire - with Satan and the False prophet, and the Beast. Unbelievers have also a trip to the lake of fire, which is only a portion and it is a curative thing that is happening there but something no one should desire to go to as it is horrible in itself but is said to be in front of the Lamb and his Angels.

So how does these things apply to us today?

To follow the Lord Jesus Christ and walk in the light, having fellowship with the light (walking with Jesus, walking with God), we will not hide in the darkness, we also know there is no darkness in God at all. When we fall short by our temptation, confessing our sins to our Father, God is faithful and just to forgive our sins (in which he cleanses the wickedness of our hearts), we continue to move forward, in seeking God out in faith, and relying on the holy spirit, and asking God to help us by the holy spirit, and we know that our own lusts and enticements come from with-in our own heart, and from our own desires in which God knows about but it comes at a cost of being honest with Him to continue to move us forward in faith with the struggles of life and suffering for his sake, to have Love for God and love for others.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s exactly why we don’t see it. Unbelief, (despite what we claim).
And yes, why not just admit what we see we lack and ASK for what we see we lack?

It’s because we have been taught wrong.
So then who have been our teachers? Who should be our teacher?

Man, it seems more often than not... even among believers, relies too much on himself!

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.
It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones." Prov 3:5-8

"But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you" John 14:26

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then who have been our teachers? Who should be our teacher?

Sigh…it’s very hard to find a man who has caught a vision or visitation from God, or who walks in the Spirit who can help us in our greatly weakened state. I’ve only ever found two on earth now, but also quite a few who have gone from earth but left writings. A man who has seen and known what he talks of is rare. And he won’t be believed by most but…some can discern and accept what he says. He lifts them, he spurs them on. But somehow, for others, they despise him…they’re like Miriam and Aaron were with Moses…

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sigh…it’s very hard to find a man who has caught a vision or visitation from God, or who walks in the Spirit who can help us in our greatly weakened state. I’ve only ever found two on earth now, but also quite a few who have gone from earth but left writings. A man who has seen and known what he talks of is rare. And he won’t be believed by most but…some can discern and accept what he says. He lifts them, he spurs them on. But somehow, for others, they despise him…
Even so... I have long appreciated the words and teachings of Oswald Chambers, a man who died 100 years ago. I wish I had such a teacher in church or school...

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Kind of thinking here that, it was Jesus Himself, the "man" who was tempted. And it is extremely hard to see how He was tempted in "ALL" ways other than food, power...

"Elsewhere we read of demons crying out, we know who You are, you’re the Son of God. And He told them to be silent. And He also, in other places, told people to be silent about who He was."

Was not His time yet?

"I’m struggling to get this out…the temptation was to do something AS God rather than AS a son of man. As the son of man, He was very hungry and had to trust and rely on Gods Spirit and humble Himself. As the son of God, He could have made some bread."

"6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
"Philippians 2:6-11

Not sure I'm getting this across well either!

Reactions: amadeus

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

TEMPT is a strange word, in that a man can be tempted and not tempted at the same time.

Men can TEMPT men...it’s an act of enticement of man (A) toward man (B)
Man (B) can reject the TEMPTATION, thus the TEMPTATION Failed.
Man (B) can accept the TEMPTATION, thus the TEMPTATION Succeeded.

Fact is Man (B) was TEMPTED, by the ACT of Man (A).
Falling into TEMPTATIONS, OF Man (A), any wicked man, any evil spirit, IS what God Warns Against.

God Also Warns Against TEMPTATIONS, by the ACTS of men, ACTS of spirits toward God.

In the OT acts of men Against God, were 10 times men Tempted God..
God reiterated, to men, Do not Tempt God.

Satan Tempted Jesus, Jesus reiterated, to Satan, Do not Tempt the Lord his God.

Numb 14:
[22] Because all those men which have seen my glory, and my miracles, which I did in Egypt and in the wilderness, and have tempted me now these ten times, and have not hearkened to my voice;
[23] Surely they shall not see the land which I sware unto their fathers, neither shall any of them that provoked me see it:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You bring up a good question and sometimes its mind boggling when we as mere men try to contemplate the Son of God- having the nature of God, a Divine nature and the son of man having the nature of man, a human nature. Its where we get the 2 natures in Christ from such passages as these beside having the Title of Son of Go/son of man. John 1:1, John 1:14 - the Word who was God became flesh, a man- the Incarnation. And all the fullness of Deity/ the Godhead dwells in Him bodily, as a man. Colossians 1:19, Colossians 2:9.

Could Jesus have sinned ?

There are two sides to this interesting question. It is important to remember that this is not a question of whether Jesus sinned. Both sides agree, as the Bible clearly says, that Jesus did not sin (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 2:22). The question is whether Jesus could have sinned. Those who hold to “impeccability” believe that Jesus could not have sinned. Those who hold to “peccability” believe that Jesus could have sinned, but did not. Which view is correct? The clear teaching of Scripture is that Jesus was impeccable—Jesus could not have sinned. If He could have sinned, He would still be able to sin today because He retains the same essence He did while living on earth. He is the God-Man and will forever remain so, having full deity and full humanity so united in one person as to be indivisible. To believe that Jesus could sin is to believe that God could sin. “For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him” (Colossians 1:19). Colossians 2:9 adds, “For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form.”

Although Jesus is fully human, He was not born with the sinful nature that we are born with. He certainly was tempted in the same way we are, in that temptations were put before Him by Satan, yet He remained sinless because God is incapable of sinning. It is against His very nature (Matthew 4:1; Hebrews 2:18, 4:15; James 1:13). Sin is by definition a trespass of the Law. God created the Law, and the Law is by nature what God would or would not do; therefore, sin is anything that God would not do by His very nature.

To be tempted is not, in and of itself, sinful. A person could tempt you with something you have no desire to do, such as committing murder or participating in sexual perversions. You probably have no desire whatsoever to take part in these actions, but you were still tempted because someone placed the possibility before you. There are at least two definitions for the word “tempted”:

1) To have a sinful proposition suggested to you by someone or something outside yourself or by your own sin nature.

2) To consider actually participating in a sinful act and the possible pleasures and consequences of such an act to the degree that the act is already taking place in your mind.

The first definition does not describe a sinful act/thought; the second does. When you dwell upon a sinful act and consider how you might be able to bring it to pass, you have crossed the line of sin. Jesus was tempted in the fashion of definition one except that He was never tempted by a sin nature because it did not exist within Him. Satan proposed certain sinful acts to Jesus, but He had no inner desire to participate in the sin. Therefore, He was tempted like we are but remained sinless.

Those who hold to peccability believe that, if Jesus could not have sinned, He could not have truly experienced temptation, and therefore could not truly empathize with our struggles and temptations against sin. We have to remember that one does not have to experience something in order to understand it. God knows everything about everything. While God has never had the desire to sin, and has most definitely never sinned, God knows and understands what sin is. God knows and understands what it is like to be tempted. Jesus can empathize with our temptations because He knows, not because He has “experienced” all the same things we have.

Jesus knows what it is like to be tempted, but He does not know what it is like to sin. This does not prevent Him from assisting us. We are tempted with sins that are common to man (1 Corinthians 10:13). These sins generally can be boiled down to three different types: “the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life” (1 John 2:16 NKJV). Examine the temptation and sin of Eve, as well as the temptation of Jesus, and you will find that the temptations for each came from these three categories. Jesus was tempted in every way and in every area that we are, but remained perfectly holy. Although our corrupt natures will have the inner desire to participate in some sins, we have the ability, through Christ, to overcome sin because we are no longer slaves to sin but rather slaves of God (Romans 6, especially verses 2 and 16-22). got ?

conclusion: I adhere to Jesus being Impeccable- like Father like Son- they share the same Divine attributes as God.

hope this helps !!!
"—Jesus could not have sinned. If He could have sinned, He would still be able to sin today because He retains the same essence He did while living on earth."

Hi Chris!
Wouldn't Jesus "essence" be His glorious body now? Or, is He still in human form? Cannot see that He could NOT have sinned while on Earth being tempted of Satan, I think He COULD have but chose His Father's will over all and any, even the (especially?) prayers as like drops of blood dripping from Him, asking to be let out of what He knew was coming. God's angels always minister as does the Holy Spirit...Jesus trusted fully. Or again, I could be way wrong here!

Why would The Father allow Jesus to be tempted if He didn't struggle with indecision of sin?

Reactions: Helen and amadeus

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
He was talking with someone He Himself had created. How odd to think of that. Someone He had created was trying to tempt Him
"Trying to tempt Him" is the key. While the temptations were real, there was nothing within Christ -- the God-Man -- to respond to those temptations. He simply brushed them off.

Let's take a mundane example. Let's say you have no interest in ice cream. So no matter how many varieties and flavors are presented to you, you simply dismiss them all as of no interest. That was the situation which is presented in the Bible. Satan mistakenly believed that he could tempt Christ, but he failed to see that Jesus was beyond any and all temptations.

Reactions: Helen and marks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"—Jesus could not have sinned. If He could have sinned, He would still be able to sin today because He retains the same essence He did while living on earth."

Hi Chris!
Wouldn't Jesus "essence" be His glorious body now? Or, is He still in human form? Cannot see that He could NOT have sinned while on Earth being tempted of Satan, I think He COULD have but chose His Father's will over all and any, even the (especially?) prayers as like drops of blood dripping from Him, asking to be let out of what He knew was coming. God's angels always minister as does the Holy Spirit...Jesus trusted fully. Or again, I could be way wrong here!

Why would The Father allow Jesus to be tempted if He didn't struggle with indecision of sin?

Jesus came to Earth in a Body God prepared for Him.
Without that Prepared Body, Earthly men’s Eyes would not have been able to See Him.

Jesus must Return to Earth with His Same Prepared Body, since ALL ON Earth Shall SEE Him.
The Difference IS regarding His Return, “He comes WITH His Reputation, Being, His Reputation IS: He IS the Christ; being He IS the Power of God...

First coming:
Phil 2:
[5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
[6] Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[7] But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
[8] And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Second coming:
Rev 14:
[14] And I looked, and behold a white cloud, and upon the cloud one sat like unto the Son of man, having on his head a golden crown, and in his hand a sharp sickle.
[15] And another angel came out of the temple, crying with a loud voice to him that sat on the cloud, Thrust in thy sickle, and reap: for the time is come for thee to reap; for the harvest of the earth is ripe.
[16] And he that sat on the cloud thrust in his sickle on the earth; and the earth was reaped.

Rev 1:
[7] Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Nancy and Helen