SONGS THAT DIRECTLY PRAISE GOD.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are lots of lovely Christian songs that we listen to on CD or sing in Church meetings but not all of them give direct praise, worship or thanksgiving to God.

Some of them are prayers; like Abide with me.
Some of them speak of God but not directly to him; like How great the Father's love for us.
And some are scriptures set to music; like Seek ye first the kingdom of God.

And I sure you can think of many others but can you think of any that directly praise, thank or worship him; like How great thou art or Thank you Jesus? Think carefully.
I like your thread!

:)

Reactions: Pearl

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not many of the songs posted are to God directly. Like saying you instead of he as in How great THOU art.
That was something that revolutionized my thought life. When I realized, I can direct my mental chatter directly to God. Instead of thinking of God as He, and Him, I mind my mind to think of God as You. And I direct my chatter to Him, and things are different.

It was another one of those "You" songs . . . Shout to the Lord . . .

The first time I heard it, I was in church, and I caught on really quickly, and when we came to the chorus, I found myself singing, "Forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand", and I realized, that was the first time I said "I love you" to God with a feeling of love in my heart. He kinda snuck up on me with that one!

Much love!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That was something that revolutionized my thought life. When I realized, I can direct my mental chatter directly to God. Instead of thinking of God as He, and Him, I mind my mind to think of God as You. And I direct my chatter to Him, and things are different.

The first time I heard it, I was in church, and I caught on really quickly, and when we came to the chorus, I found myself singing, "Forever I'll love you, forever I'll stand", and I realized, that was the first time I said "I love you" to God with a feeling of love in my heart. He kinda snuck up on me with that one!

Much love!
I loved to sing that one.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Much love!
I love what you said here, he is my Papa, my Daddy, what other faith has such a close relationship with their god.

Reactions: Mayflower and marks