• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being Born Again ,is so simple to understand....the Spirit is what testifies with our spirit...how else would we know were Born Again.

How does the Spirit testify with our spirit? It is re-birth of our mind, which spirit is, that we are changed from natural mind of this earth, to a spiritual mind of heavenly truths. It is through our mind/spirit that we receive by grace through faith understanding through Christ's Spirit in us. That's why the spirit in man that has been born again HAS eternal life and will NEVER die, even though our body will.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes, but God, A Spirit became a human being. That means that Jesus Christ with body + spirit became a living soul.

The soul is the Mind... its the will and emotions

See, you make choices with your MIND, that is your soul...
Yes, Christ breathed His Spirit into His disciples before sending them out.

He sent them out before He did that.

Possessing the Holy Spirit is to have the "mind of Christ".

That is not what the verse says.
But that's an interesting cult theology, idea.

Paul says that AFTER we are born again Spiritually, we are to have "the mind of Christ".
He does not say this is auto-matic.
He says that all the born again are to come into fellowship having "the same mind".
This is why Paul tells us to renew our minds.

Remember the Spirit that God breathed into man was lost

Adam, is a spiritual being, living in the body.
His spirit didnt go anywhere, when he rebelled.
What happened was, his spiritual union with God, was broken.
Christ, the 2nd Adam, came to restore the BELIEVER back into Spiritual union with God, as "one with God", " In Christ"

1 Corinthians 2:16 (KJV) For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Yes, Paul is referring to those who are in the renewed mind, vs the "mind of the Flesh".

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How does the Spirit testify with our spirit? It is re-birth of our mind,

Your mind is not re-birthed, but your Spirit is born again, if that has happened.

So, its the Holy Spirit IN us, who teaches us, via spiritual enlightenment, and that is so much more then understanding it mentally.
See, this that comes from God, as revelation, is "Spiritually Discerned" and that much more then figuring out info, mentally.

Let me show you more.

When an unbeliever reads the Bible, they get NOTHING, because that is their MIND trying to figure it out.

But when a born again believer, studies the word, then God gives them, from the inside of them, "Spiritual Discernment" as the word of God is "spiritually discerned" = Only.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How does the Spirit testify with our spirit?

How on Earth could I explain that, if you haven’t received the testifying of the+Spirit.

He testifies with our spirit....that’s how I knew I was Born Again...he spoke to my spirit, as he was indwelling me...it’s a Living spiritual birth....it’s not something you read and bingo you are born again.

It is re-birth of our mind, which spirit is, that we are changed from natural mind of this earth, to a spiritual mind of heavenly truths. It is through our mind/spirit that we receive by grace through faith understanding through Christ's Spirit in us. That's why the spirit in man that has been born again HAS eternal life and will NEVER die, even though our body will.
That is your own opinion ....the same as my opinion is MY opinion and it doesn’t agree with yours.

Please don’t push what you believe on to me...I’ve posted scripture..on being Born Again.

Behold and I are on the same page, regarding the rebirth..we understand each other on the subject.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible uses the word 'soul' in two ways, just as 'flesh' is in two ways. Each has two definitions. That is why context is crucial to see which is being used.

Soul
1 Thess. 5:23 has us as spirit, soul and body. Three parts of one person.
Romans 13:1 uses soul as the whole person.

Flesh
Lev. 4:11 as muscle like meat
Romans 8:8-9 Paul uses flesh as man's sin nature

Exactly! But two part man became a "living soul". And soul is what we are as long as we have life. The life believers have both natural in this world, and shall be spiritual in heaven. Both on earth as physical body, and in heaven as spiritual body whosoever has been born again is a "living soul". Where there is life there is a soul.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your mind is not re-birthed, but your Spirit is born again, if that has happened.

So, its the Holy Spirit IN us, who teaches us, via spiritual enlightenment, and that is more then understanding it mentally.

See, this that comes from God, as revelation, is "Spiritually Discerned" and that much more then figuring out info, mentally.
Amen!!...Brother...thank you.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Exactly! But two part man became a "living soul". And soul is what we are as long as we have life.

The part of you that is born again, or not, is "what we are, forever",

And that is not your mind.
That is your spirit.

We are not born again mentally.
We are "born again Spiritually"., by the Holy Spirit of God, not by the mind or soul of God.

The Holy Spirit is not God's soul. Its God's SPIRIT.

"God is A Spirit".

"The Spirit of the LIVING GOD".

"Its by my Spirit, sayeth the Lord".

"Christ is that SPIRIT"

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The part of you that is born again, or not, is "what we are, forever",

And that is not your mind.
That is your spirit.

We are not born again mentally.
We are "born again Spiritually"., by the Holy Spirit of God, not by the mind of God.
Praise God....Amen!!

The thing is though Brother. @Behold .if they haven’t been Born Again spiritually..how on Earth could they understand it?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Now you see it my sister.

Now you see it....

That's the Revelation.

Now you see how to understand who is a : Luke 11:35
Indeed ....Amen!!....You and I are in agreement...in the Spirit....Born Again...

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So, its the Holy Spirit IN us, who teaches us, via spiritual enlightenment, and that is so much more then understanding it mentally.

Let me show you more.

When an unbeliever reads the Bible, they get NOTHING, because that is their MIND trying to figure it out.

But when a born again believer, studies the word, then God gives them, from the inside of them, "Spiritual Discernment" as the word of God is "spiritually discerned" = Only.

If the mind in man does not have the Spirit in them through new birth, he/she remains natural human and cannot know the mind, will, ways of God.

You don't explain how the Holy Spirit in us changes us. We only have spiritual enlightenment when our MIND goes from natural to spiritual.

Why does the MIND in unbelief not have spiritual understanding? You admit their MIND cannot know because they are yet natural mind, of the earth, the mind focused on things of this world by nature.

It's because our mind has gone from natural and of this world, to spiritual that with our MIND that has been born again of His Spirit in us, that we are able to have spiritual discernment of the ways of God and Christ.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How on Earth could I explain that, if you haven’t received the testifying of the+Spirit.

It really is simply Ritajanice! I believe you already know this. Unless our spirit that is our mind/heart in us is changed from natural to spiritual through His Spirit in us we cannot know Christ.
He testifies with our spirit....that’s how I knew I was Born Again...he spoke to my spirit, as he was indwelling me...it’s a Living spiritual birth....it’s not something you read and bingo you are born again.

Exactly! And now your MIND is fixed on spiritual things because you have been born again of His Spirit in your spirit/mind/heart/will/emotion. The spirit in all mankind is the operational center for our body. Our spirit, through our mind and heart gives life to our body. That's why spirit is defined as spiritual mind.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You don't explain how the Holy Spirit in us changes us.

The change is that our spirit that was separated from God, by SIN, has now been birthed, by God's Holy Spirit, into God's Holy Spirit.

"God is A Spirit" and the born again Spirit in the believer, is now "ONE with God".

This is to become, SPIRITUALLY... "The Temple of the Holy Spirit"......not the temple of the mind as a deceiver is teaching on my Thread.

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The change is that our spirit that was separated from God, by SIN, has now been birthed, by God's Holy Spirit, into God's Holy Spirit.
Exactly...Amen!
"God is A Spirit" and the born again Spirit in the believer, is now "ONE with God".

Yup!!..Amen!
This is to become, SPIRITUALLY... "The Temple of the Holy Spirit"......not the temple of the mind as a deceiver is teaching on my Thread.
Excellent..so easy peasy to understand....Amen!...all in my opinion.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly! But two part man became a "living soul". And soul is what we are as long as we have life. The life believers have both natural in this world, and shall be spiritual in heaven. Both on earth as physical body, and in heaven as spiritual body whosoever has been born again is a "living soul". Where there is life there is a soul.

There is another way to look at soul. Paul is using it as one part of a three part person. Mind, heart and body = Spirit, soul and body. Think of "soul music." That is emotional. It is at our heart. That is the way that Paul is using 'soul.'

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The mind of the flesh would be of someone under the law, or someone unsaved. The flesh would be of a carnal mind..
What happens to the flesh when we become Born Again?

Does it battle with the Spirit?......

Who helps us understand what the flesh is/ was...and who helps us get it under control?

Or do you think it goes away, the instant we become Born Again?

@Behold ...is flesh our old nature?

Online commentary.

Using Paul's definition of the word flesh; the flesh (he points out) is the whole carnal disposition—the thinking, the way of the unregenerate or, unconverted man. That strong desire, or nature of man to sin, and rebel against the living God.

Last edited:

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The soul is the Mind... its the will and emotions

See, you make choices with your MIND, that is your soul...

Yes, we make choices with our mind. Our mind is natural apart from the Spirit in us, or spiritual with His Spirit in us. To be a living soul is to possess life. We possess life (soul) in both body and spirit. We make choices with our spirit which affects our living soul. Which means that both in our soul and spirit we sin. Christ says "the soul that sins shall die." It is from the heart/mind/will that living souls choose to commit sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (KJV) The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

James 1:14-15 (KJV) But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed. Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

Soul equates to having breath of life, living heart, and mind. Spiritual or natural spirit in man gives the breath of life to our body of flesh, and became a living soul. The soul or the persons alive and sinning shall die, and the lust that tempts us to sin that brings death comes from the lusts of our mind/hearts/will/emotions IOW the inner man that is either natural or spiritual giving our body life.
He sent them out before He did that.

John 20:21-23 (KJV) Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.
That is not what the verse says.
But that's an interesting cult theology, idea.

Paul says that AFTER we are born again Spiritually, we are to have "the mind of Christ".
He does not say this is auto-matic.
He says that all the born again are to come into fellowship having "the same mind".
This is why Paul tells us to renew our minds.

Of course we must be born again of His Spirit before we can know the mind of Christ. We know we have been born again because His Spirit bears witness to our spirit that we belong to Him. Why does Paul not say His Spirit testifies to our souls? Because it is our spirit not our living soul that MUST BE BORN AGAIN TO HAVE ETERNAL!

Romans 8:16 (KJV) The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

Adam, is a spiritual being, living in the body.
His spirit didnt go anywhere, when he rebelled.
What happened was, his spiritual union with God, was broken.
Christ, the 2nd Adam, came to restore the BELIEVER back into Spiritual union with God, as "one with God", " In Christ"

Adam continued to be physically alive, but without the Spirit that God breathed into him. The spirit Adam then has is natural. Which is why he could no longer be in relationship with God. His eyes were opened and he knew what sin and death were.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
-
What is the difference between your soul and your Spirit. ?

Lots of confusion about this, so, lets clear it up.
And as a matter of fact, if you teach S-School, then you should learn this teaching and let your student have it.

1.) Man is "body, soul, and Spirit" = 3

He is "tri-part", exactly as God is Triune. or 3 in One.

God said.. "let US make man in OUR image", and this is 3, including the Holy Spirit.

So, a 3 in One Godhead, created a Tri-part Adam, who is "body, soul, Spirit".

What is that?

2 ) It means, you are a Spirit, you have a soul, and you live in a body.

What is the soul?

The soul is the : "mind, will, and emotions".

What is the Spirit" ?

The Sprit is the real you, that has to be born again.
The Spirit is what goes to HELL if its not born again.
The born again Spirit is the "Son/Daughter" of God, that is the "new creation in Christ".

3.) In the Garden of Eden, .....Adam was Spiritually separated from God.. He "ate the apple" and lost "Spiritual union". And the Bible defines this as "death".
However, Its not death, as in, ended or ceased to exist....... Its death in the since of being separated from God's Spirit, which is LIFE.
See, "God is A Spirit" and Christianity is Spiritual, and to become separated from GOD" LIFE< is to be dead from IT.
See that?

This is : 1st Spiritual Death ("In Adam we all die")...... and the 2nd Death, is to go to Hell, and exist in spiritual separation from God, forever.

Jesus, who is the 2nd Adam, came to offer Himself to us all as the Blood Atonement,, and this allows us to be BORN AGAIN.. which is to return to the eternal Spiritual Union with GOD.... that 1st Adam lost.
I agree with most of what you said, except adding the 'A' to say that God is A Spirit. This accurately describes God's nature as being spiritual. However more is implied by excluding the 'A', as 'Spirit' describes his being as the medium in which he and others dwell. Like he is both the house and the person in the house. Granted this doesn't make sense from a physical perspective but conventional reasoning may not apply to the spiritual.