Speaking in tongues is NOT a gift

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe Scripture or the Reformation teachers that teach 'sin boldly for your past, present and future sin will be covered'?

1 John 5:18
We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.
I think you failed to realize that the human spirit is saved, perfected and sanctified but not the flesh or carnal nature(our carnal thought process that is against God). You do get that correct?

Does your flesh love God or your human spirit?

When you received the Holy Ghost, had you been delivered from your flesh?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our schoolmaster shows us how God sees sin. There was a sacrifice for unintentional sin, but no sacrifice for sins committed presumptuously or willfully. They were killed, and in our case, cast into the lake of fire.

22 ‘If you sin unintentionally, and do not observe all these commandments which the Lord has spoken to Moses— 23 all that the Lord has commanded you by the hand of Moses, from the day the Lord gave commandment and onward throughout your generations— 24 then it will be, if it is unintentionally committed, without the knowledge of the congregation, that the whole congregation shall offer one young bull as a burnt offering, as a sweet aroma to the Lord, with its grain offering and its drink offering, according to the ordinance, and one kid of the goats as a sin offering. 25 So the priest shall make atonement for the whole congregation of the children of Israel, and it shall be forgiven them, for it was unintentional; they shall bring their offering, an offering made by fire to the Lord, and their sin offering before the Lord, for their unintended sin. 26 It shall be forgiven the whole congregation of the children of Israel and the stranger who dwells among them, because all the people did it unintentionally.

cc: @Truther, listen to someone who actually knows the Word of God. The doctrine from the Reformation that you two are listening to will make you dead.

I'm sorry but I too know the word by the Holy Ghost teaching me thru prayer & study.

I live under GRACE not under the Mosiac law by which God tried to teach the Hebrews how he wanted then to live.They failed and any that do so today will fail !

Paul was a great man who studied the law yet he instructed the Gentiles and Jews NOT to be in bondage to it. If it is failed once then a person is guilty of all 619 commands.

I am also filled with the Holy Ghost as in the upper room at Pentecost.
The power to hold fast to my faith in Christ and the Spirit teaching me how to walk is my stronghold in God.

His word must be rightly divided in the context of what is being said. The whole word of God is for our instruction and edification. It cannot be here a verse there a verse to make a point, for then it is moot.

I do not believe that my future sins are forgiven,what a silly notion ! It is the ones I commit, a bad word, an unkind thought, an ignoring of need, ect. We are still in control of this flesh with the ability to commit sin.
If I do so,after the Spirit convicts me, I simply tell God Im sorry, I was mean spirited and he forgives me.
God doesnt force us to behave, or he surely would have Israel and the whole world.

There is a battle proceeding, has been ever since satan was cast out of heaven, it hasnt ended. The battle is not for possessions of the universe but it is of the souls that will WORSHIP !

We are sought after daily ,hourly, by minutes to destroy our faith and take away our worship of God.
That is the bottom line. To those that John saw in Revelations, what were they doing ?
WORSHIPPING GOD !

It is not by the 1st century teachings alone for God inspired more than. If you stop at the gospels then you are not following grace. If you hold to only Pauls teachings again you are not following grace.

We have to be complete in our study of the Word following the precepts that we are to adhere unto. I do not follow mans teachings ,once, yes but no more. I have gotten alone with God, away from the influence of man for many years now. It is by the Spirit under grace and by faith that I live for
him !

Reactions: Pearl and Truther

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, obeying Acts 2:38 for the remission of sins is not valid?

Acts 2:38 is for receiving the Holy Spirit.

Correction, the blood of Jesus takes away our sin. It does not take away our ability to sin.

Those who are actually born again and filled with the Spirit are so close to God now they keep themselves. The love what God loves and hates what God hates, so they do not sin in the "present or future" as your false doctrine claims. That is not in scripture.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since you have ceased from sinning in your life, what does your mediator mediate for you?

The mediator is our Advocate. Our advocate is for sinners who are not saved but want to repent. Even though they deserve death, Jesus is their mediator for them and the whole world. This is how it is written. I bet you thought it was for your present and future sins. Wrong. Hebrews 10:26-31.

And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2. John already told his baby Christians that the purpose of his letter is so they will not sin. Not your liberal dead message at all. Revelation 3:1

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry but I too know the word by the Holy Ghost teaching me thru prayer & study.

I live under GRACE not under the Mosiac law by which God tried to teach the Hebrews how he wanted then to live.They failed and any that do so today will fail !

Paul was a great man who studied the law yet he instructed the Gentiles and Jews NOT to be in bondage to it. If it is failed once then a person is guilty of all 619 commands.

I am also filled with the Holy Ghost as in the upper room at Pentecost.
The power to hold fast to my faith in Christ and the Spirit teaching me how to walk is my stronghold in God.

His word must be rightly divided in the context of what is being said. The whole word of God is for our instruction and edification. It cannot be here a verse there a verse to make a point, for then it is moot.

I do not believe that my future sins are forgiven,what a silly notion ! It is the ones I commit, a bad word, an unkind thought, an ignoring of need, ect. We are still in control of this flesh with the ability to commit sin.
If I do so,after the Spirit convicts me, I simply tell God Im sorry, I was mean spirited and he forgives me.
God doesnt force us to behave, or he surely would have Israel and the whole world.

There is a battle proceeding, has been ever since satan was cast out of heaven, it hasnt ended. The battle is not for possessions of the universe but it is of the souls that will WORSHIP !

We are sought after daily ,hourly, by minutes to destroy our faith and take away our worship of God.
That is the bottom line. To those that John saw in Revelations, what were they doing ?
WORSHIPPING GOD !

It is not by the 1st century teachings alone for God inspired more than. If you stop at the gospels then you are not following grace. If you hold to only Pauls teachings again you are not following grace.

We have to be complete in our study of the Word following the precepts that we are to adhere unto. I do not follow mans teachings ,once, yes but no more. I have gotten alone with God, away from the influence of man for many years now. It is by the Spirit under grace and by faith that I live for
him !
Yes, you were, and I forgive you even though you didn't ask.

Well okay.

What I said in my post when I do commit a sin even being mean spirited I simply ask forgiveness after the HS convicts me.

I dont feel like I was being mean spirited to you. Obiviously you think I was so for that I am sorry and I apologize.

I was giving my opinion in the Word. We cannot be of sinless perfection, bc the flesh still has the ability to commit sin. The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak.

None of us except Jesus accomplised this and he is God.
We may think we are sinless but we lie and deceive ourselves as the scripture I posted states.

Furthermore quoting or trying to live by the law is against grace.
What do you think grace is ????

Unmerited favor from God, it isnt just for our salvation but is for our whole walk. Otherwise we would still be under complete bondage to sin and the price it carries.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What EXCATLY do you believe and what doctrines do you follow ?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 is for receiving the Holy Spirit.

Those who are actually born again and filled with the Spirit are so close to God now they keep themselves. The love what God loves and hates what God hates, so they do not sin in the "present or future" as your false doctrine claims. That is not in scripture.
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

It is not for baptism in the name of Jesus for the remission of sins also?

Have you really been baptized in the name of Jesus?

Was the name of Jesus pronounced over you during water baptism?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The mediator is our Advocate. Our advocate is for sinners who are not saved but want to repent. Even though they deserve death, Jesus is their mediator for them and the whole world. This is how it is written. I bet you thought it was for your present and future sins. Wrong. Hebrews 10:26-31.

And if anyone sins, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 2 And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. 1 John 2:1-2. John already told his baby Christians that the purpose of his letter is so they will not sin. Not your liberal dead message at all. Revelation 3:1
Jesus actively mediates to God for us as we speak.

He mediates our sins.

He does not say to his Father, "hey, he needs a raise" etc.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Truther, @1stCenturyLady, @L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d,

Why don't you folks stop quibbling among yourselves about willful and accidental sins!!! You folks sound like the denomination that speaks about mortal and venial sins. As if one sin is greater than the other.

Read the Scripture for there it speaks of ONLY ONE sin that can put you to hell. "The wages of sin (singular) is death!" We read. In other words, God is saying a sin is a sin whether it's a big lie or a white lie!

To God Be The Glory

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Why don't you folks stop quibbling among yourselves about willful and accidental sins!!! You folks sound like the denomination that speaks about mortal and venial sins. As if one sin is greater than the other.

Read the Scripture for there it speaks of ONLY ONE sin that can put you to hell. "The wages of sin (singular) is death!" We read. In other words, God is saying a sin is a sin whether it's a big lie or a white lie!

To God Be The Glory

I agree. The sin of unbelief is a sure ticket one way to the LOF. Blasphemy is never forgivable.
We are discusding sinless perfection.

Have you committed sin since youve been saved ?
Be honest.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you committed sin since youve been saved ?
Be honest

In my flesh I have sinned many times since it is not yet saved until it is raised on the last day. However, in my spirit essence and born again state, I DO NOT SIN! Hence....

1 John 3:9 reads:
"Whosoever is born of God DOTH NOT COMMIT SIN; for his seed (Jesus) remaineth in him:and HE CANNOT SIN, BECAUSE HE IS BORN OF GOD." Consider Romans Chapter 7 as well.

The proof text: "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" (paraphrased). That is, when a child of God dies, his body goes to the grave (dust), but in his spirit essence he goes to be with the Lord.
What a God that I serve!

To God Be The Glory

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The sin of unbelief is a sure ticket one way to the LOF. Blasphemy is never forgivable.

BTW, the sin of unbelief is NEVER the blasphemy of the unforgivable sin! Although, ultimately all sin is unto death. Matthew 12:31-32 reads:
31) Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgive unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
32) And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.

28) Verily I say unto you, all sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemsoever they shall blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29)
But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation:
30)
Because they said, He (Jesus) hath an unclean spirit.

Mark 3:28-30

To God Be The Glory

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
The reason for this forum is to argue and reason together.

One person does not have all the answers so we need to pick each other's brains for the best answer.

It is better to debate a cause without settling it than to settle it without debating it.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@JunChosen ,
I never said blasphemy of the Holy Ghost was the same as the sin of unbelief however both will cause your end in the lake of fire.

Your flesh will never be saved. It will rot and decay when you die. It is corruptible. At Jesus second coming we will be clothed with an incorruptible body just as Jesus was after his resurrection !

ALL sins are forgivable except blasphemy of the Holy Ghost.

There is no seperation of your flesh and your "essence of spirit". If you sin it must be repented of, confessed before God and he will grant forgiveness.

That is laughable, YOU SIN WITH YOUR WHOLE BEING.
SMH @ SOME BELIEFS PPL HOLD TO THAT ARE FALSE.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a carnal, fleshly(nature) man in us fighting with our saved spirit man.

This is why we must die or be rapture to shed this critter.

Meanwhile, the Holy Ghost is in us to comfort, exhort and edify our spirit man until we reach our destiny.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12 Buried with him in baptism,..

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:

12 Buried with him in baptism,..

That "circumcision" is "made without hands". = the HOLY SPIRIT.

water baptism is someone's HAND on you shoving you under the water.

Read more carefully Colossians 2:11 next time.