Speaking in tongues is NOT a gift

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some nonsense ppl believe is laughable.:Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud:

I'm not sure how they do it......walk without touching the ground !

Can a person be so holy & heavenly minded that they become of NO earthly good ?

Hmmmm, lets see, slothfulness, gluttony, gossiping, being unkind, turning your ears from hearing the cry of the hurt, grieving & ppl in pain, refusing the work & fruit of the Spirit, being careless in business affairs, ect, these are sin also !

:watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting:
I popped plenty!

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some nonsense ppl believe is laughable.:Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud::Laughingoutloud:

I'm not sure how they do it......walk without touching the ground !

Can a person be so holy & heavenly minded that they become of NO earthly good ?

Hmmmm, lets see, slothfulness, gluttony, gossiping, being unkind, turning your ears from hearing the cry of the hurt, grieving & ppl in pain, refusing the work & fruit of the Spirit, being careless in business affairs, ect, these are sin also !

:watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting::watching and waiting:
I popped plenty!
...and skipping Acts 2:38....

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What year is the last year you sinned?

Willfully? 1977. That was the year I was filled with the Spirit. However Philippians 3:16 shows us that those who are born again live up to the knowledge they have. I can look back and see things I did that I wouldn't do now, but at the time I did at least live up to the knowledge I had. Unintentionally who knows, but they are unknown. But 1 John 1:7 says that as we walk in the light there are unintentional sins that are continually being cleansed. Seeing as they would have to be unknown to me they are unintentional. I never commit anything against my conscience. 1 John 3:21. 1 John 1:7 is connected to Matthew 6:14-15. See the part in 1:7 where we have fellowship one with another? That is the reconciliation that comes from forgiving each other. I went to a new level of obedience in 2001. And the year before God spoke to me and told me He was giving me the office of Teacher. Right now on Wednesday night I am teaching 3 pastors. Last Wed night an Anglican priest joined us.

Truther read those verses I gave you everyday. And add 1 Corinthians 2:9-16.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...and skipping Acts 2:38....

Acts 2:38 and 1 John 1:9 are the same. 1 John 1:9 is not a vicious cycle of sin/repent; sin/repent ad infinitum. It is to receive the Holy Spirit just like Acts 2:38. And yes, repentance is key.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Willfully? 1977. That was the year I was filled with the Spirit. However Philippians 3:16 shows us that those who are born again live up to the knowledge they have. I can look back and see things I did that I wouldn't do now, but at the time I did at least live up to the knowledge I had. Unintentionally who knows, but they are unknown. But 1 John 1:7 says that as we walk in the light there are unintentional sins that are continually being cleansed. Seeing as they would have to be unknown to me they are unintentional. I never commit anything against my conscience. 1 John 3:21. 1 John 1:7 is connected to Matthew 6:14-15. See the part in 1:7 where we have fellowship one with another? That is the reconciliation that comes from forgiving each other. I went to a new level of obedience in 2001. And the year before God spoke to me and told me He was giving me the office of Teacher. Right now on Wednesday night I am teaching 3 pastors. Last Wed night an Anglican priest joined us.

Truther read those verses I gave you everyday. And add 1 Corinthians 2:9-16.
What is the difference with willful sin and "accidental sin"?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 2:38 and 1 John 1:9 are the same. 1 John 1:9 is not a vicious cycle of sin/repent; sin/repent ad infinitum. It is to receive the Holy Spirit just like Acts 2:38. And yes, repentance is key.
Were you baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins as your avatar implies?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the difference with willful sin and "accidental sin"?

We all know the Ten Commandments, so if I were to steal something, that would be willful. It couldn't be an accident. If someone gave me stolen property as a gift and I didn't know about the theft, that would be unintentional. And if I ever did become aware then I would give it back to the owner.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were you baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins as your avatar implies?

Of course. Actually 4 times. But it was only after I was filled with the Spirit and could hear God's voice did I obey the last command when He told be to now be baptized. I guess he didn't accept the first three times.

BTW, if you do follow God's Word and start believing His power in you, you WILL be laughed at.

1 John 3:13
13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you.

If you can't stand that, or even be willing to die for Christ, you are not worthy of Him.

Last edited:

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John.1:7 ( cxt 3-10
And these things write we unto you, THAT YOUR JOY MAY BE FULL.
This then is the nessage which we have heard of him,and declare unto you, that God is light,and in him is no darkness at all.
If we say that WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM, AND WALK IN DARKNESS, we lie, and do not the truth.
BUT if we walk in the light,as he is in the light, WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP ONE WITH ANOTHER,and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
If we say that we have no sin, WE DECEIVE OURSELVES,and the truth is not in us.
If we CONFESS OUR SINS,he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
IF WE SAY THAT WE HAVE NOT SINNED, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

God is ALL LIGHT. If we walk in the light then EVERYTHING is revealed.
This is the ONLY WAY WE HAVE A RELATIONSHIP WITH HIM.....HONESTLY!

If we do the opposite then WE LIE & DO NOT THE TRUTH. If we say we dont sin then we are delusional & deceive ourselves, for if we say we DO NOT SIN THEN WE MAKE GOD A LIAR !
But he is faithful & just to forgive our sins if we repent and confess them.

Yes there is the term willful sin which infers we rebell against what the word says and " do our own thing" ! There are however no such as unintentional sins, for the word of God is our measuring rod. If any have been a student of the word then it should be known unto us what NOT to do.
Furthermore if one claims to walk in the Spirit then immediately upon committing the unintentional sins HE PRICKS OUR HEART WITH CONVICTION!

Reactions: Truther

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We all know the Ten Commandments, so if I were to steal something, that would be willful. It couldn't be an accident. If someone gave me stolen property as a gift and I didn't know about the theft, that would be unintentional. And if I ever did become aware then I would give it back to the owner.
So, does God make a person less of a sinner, or a "good sinner" if they only commit unintentional sins?

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course. Actually 4 times. But it was only after I was filled with the Spirit and could hear God's voice did I obey the last command when He told be to now be baptized. I guess he didn't accept the first three times.

BTW, if you do follow God's Word and start believing His power in you, you WILL be laughed at.

1 John 3:13
13 Do not marvel, my brethren, if the world hates you.

If you can't stand that, or even be willing to die for Christ, you are not worthy of Him.
Just 1 question here...did your baptizer verbally say "I baptize you in the name of Jesus Christ", or did they say, "I baptize you in the name of the Father, son and Holy Ghost"?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This then is the nessage which we have heard of him,and declare unto you, that God is light,and in him is no darkness at all.
If we say that WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP WITH HIM, AND WALK IN DARKNESS, we lie, and do not the truth.
BUT if we walk in the light,as he is in the light, WE HAVE FELLOWSHIP ONE WITH ANOTHER,and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
If we CONFESS OUR SINS,he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
IF WE SAY THAT WE HAVE NOT SINNED, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

If we do the opposite then WE LIE & DO NOT THE TRUTH. If we say we dont sin then we are delusional & deceive ourselves, for if we say we DO NOT SIN THEN WE MAKE GOD A LIAR !

Yes there is the term willful sin which infers we rebell against what the word says and " do our own thing" ! There are however no such as unintentional sins, for the word of God is our measuring rod. If any have been a student of the word then it should be known unto us what NOT to do.
Furthermore if one claims to walk in the Spirit then immediately upon committing the unintentional sins HE PRICKS OUR HEART WITH CONVICTION!
We are covered by Jesus' blood.

It brings remission of our sins which means that God does not hold us accountable for our past, present and future sins.

All it takes is one moment of carnal dominance to sin.

We can leave a service after an hour at an altar praying through and literally being carried out of service under the power of the Holy Ghost and sin the next day.

God knows this, which is why we have Jesus as our presently ACTIVE mediator between God and man.

I think the other poster got rid of their mediator.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, does God make a person less of a sinner, or a "good sinner" if they only commit unintentional sins?

His intention is for us to be holy as He is holy. 1 Peter 1:16

No practicing sinner will be in heaven. Revelation 22:11

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It brings remission of our sins which means that God does not hold us accountable for our past, present and future sins.

All it takes is one moment of carnal dominance to sin.

We can leave a service after an hour at an altar praying through and literally being carried out of service under the power of the Holy Ghost and sin the next day.

God knows this, which is why we have Jesus as our presently ACTIVE mediator between God and man.

I think the other poster got rid of their mediator.

My mediator is inside of me. 1 John 3:24. Thank you for not mocking me to my face, but instead behind my back. I appreciate it. We can still have a civil conversation, and my words to you, you will remember - possibly when it is too late. Read Revelation 3:1-6. This is the church of Sardis (the period of the Reformation). This is where the notion of God forgiving present and future sins was dreamed up. You won't find it in scripture. 2 Peter 1:9. Only our past sin were forgiven. That is when he takes away our sin nature to prevent the inevitability of present and future sins. Jesus said to those of your doctrine. "You have a name that you are alive, but you are dead." Heed His voice, Truther." Read further and Jesus says, but there are also some even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy." Which am I really? The delusional? Or the saved?

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The blood of bulls and goats "covered" their sins, leaving them still there. Jesus blood does far more. It takes it away at its source - the sin nature.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Do you believe Scripture or the Reformation teachers that teach 'sin boldly for your past, present and future sin will be covered'?

1 John 5:18
We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Our schoolmaster shows us how God sees sin. There was a sacrifice for unintentional sin, but no sacrifice for sins committed presumptuously or willfully. They were killed, and in our case, cast into the lake of fire.

22 ‘If you sin unintentionally, and do not observe all these commandments which the Lord has spoken to Moses— 23 all that the Lord has commanded you by the hand of Moses, from the day the Lord gave commandment and onward throughout your generations— 24 then it will be, if it is unintentionally committed, without the knowledge of the congregation, that the whole congregation shall offer one young bull as a burnt offering, as a sweet aroma to the Lord, with its grain offering and its drink offering, according to the ordinance, and one kid of the goats as a sin offering. 25 So the priest shall make atonement for the whole congregation of the children of Israel, and it shall be forgiven them, for it was unintentional; they shall bring their offering, an offering made by fire to the Lord, and their sin offering before the Lord, for their unintended sin. 26 It shall be forgiven the whole congregation of the children of Israel and the stranger who dwells among them, because all the people did it unintentionally.

cc: @Truther, listen to someone who actually knows the Word of God. The doctrine from the Reformation that you two are listening to will make you dead.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My mediator is inside of me. 1 John 3:24. Thank you for not mocking me to my face, but instead behind my back. I appreciate it. We can still have a civil conversation, and my words to you, you will remember - possibly when it is too late. Read Revelation 3:1-6. This is the church of Sardis (the period of the Reformation). This is where the notion of God forgiving present and future sins was dreamed up. You won't find it in scripture. 2 Peter 1:9. Only our past sin were forgiven. That is when he takes away our sin nature to prevent the inevitability of present and future sins. Jesus said to those of your doctrine. "You have a name that you are alive, but you are dead." Heed His voice, Truther." Read further and Jesus says, but there are also some even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy." Which am I really? The delusional? Or the saved?
Since you have ceased from sinning in your life, what does your mediator mediate for you?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blood of bulls and goats "covered" their sins, leaving them still there. Jesus blood does far more. It takes it away at its source - the sin nature.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and goats could take away sins.
Correction, the blood of Jesus takes away our sin. It does not take away our ability to sin.