Spirit or Flesh.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Every single day you have the pleasure of walking and talking in the spirit. Which is in a perfect relationship with God. Or walking in the flesh which is not of God.
What I would like to achive in this thread is. to learn together and point out with our own examples of daily walking and what happens in that daily walking. Please feel free to share you experiances of daily thing that are spirit of flesh.

So as an example today I prayed for two children with ecxema. So that is spirit.
I asked a woman if I could pray for here she said no. Again that is clearly spirit.
Later on a man over took and endangered me. I get mad and put him stright with a verbal volley. And that is clearly flesh. No good in it no growing in it. No edification in it . All fleah and all about me.
So we daily have chooses to walk in either.

Another one today was I saw a young girl with two dogs they were being aggresive to each other one a little more dominant. They were getting close to some kids and there mother on the beach. I sat close by to help if it was needed. spirit. Nice and simple but willing to help and that is spirit . I know not all is laying on off hands and I also am aware very few people do it.
The main point is drawing out the diffences between spirit and flesh.

Reactions: pia and Pisteuo

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice thread. Walking in the Spirit, for me, means constant prayer and concencration. No idle time or mind drifts. Let God guide.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Nice thread. Walking in the Spirit, for me, means constant prayer and concencration. No idle time or mind drifts. Let God guide.

I like that. It seems like a million years ago,.. a dear lady said to me..."Always be sure to return to The Magnetic North...like a compass.'

It has stood me in good stead...we are here in this world for only God knows when...we have to be involved, work, life, stuff, distracts us along the way...but if we are anchored then our soul returns every time we don't have to be occupied by "life". We used to call it "constantly abiding"...a phrase that we don't much hear used these days.
"In Him we live and move and have our being.."
But as Sword mentioned..life happens, flesh will always try to rise up, it forgets that it is dead...
Like the story of the two wolves...flesh and spirit..fighting within...
Which one will win? = The one that we 'feed' the most!!
Let's starve the old flesh man out!! (not of ourselves, but through the power of the Lord in us)
He gives us a big clue..."walk in the Spirit and you wont fulfill the lusts (domination) of the flesh. ✟

God bless....H

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice ByGrace. Love the the "two wolves". Just love talking walking in the Spirit in general. I sat squarely on the fence most of my life. Now I see that I was doing all I could to live for this world and the treasures it could provide. Seeking whatever happiness I could beat out of this life. All the while proclaiming to believe and trust God. Now I see happiness in a different "Light". To see someone make the change, to just stop caring about what the world can provide and earnestly seek the will of God......that's happiness to me now.

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So I wake up today and think I have only a few days work left. That is flesh satan and fear based.

So I bless God and thank Him for the work that is coming in. That is spirit,calling those things into being that are not. And destroying the works of satan.

Reactions: Helen and pia

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"All things come in parables."

This statement by Christ was made for the very distinction between that which is flesh and that which is spirit. Specifically, Christ was addressing the word of God...then, in his own spoken word, and now, as it is written. But it goes well beyond what is spoken or written. All the world is the expression of God telling his story through the media of time, space, and matter: History is his story, and all that is visible is a manifestation ( a [demon]stration ) of things on high, those things that are unseen to the flesh.

Thus, there is a fork in the road when looking at all things in life, to which we may ask, "Father, what should I see in this, that I may see you and do what you would have me do?" But it need not be so formal or decided. For, if we have prayed, "Lead me not in temptation, but deliver me from evil", we have done so already, and are free to walk in the world without fear, "Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil." This is the peace and freedom we have in Christ.

But I would advise, that walking in the spirit comes best if we do so first in His word (as He defined it as parable, having duel meaning): "all things come in parables." If we knowing this, read the word of God and only see it for the words as literature, as we do with other writings, we shall not see what is unseen - we shall not see God. We know that if we lived in the time of Christ and saw him, we would have seen "the Word became flesh." But we do not live in that time, but in the time of Christ being "a life giving Spirit"...and what can be seen of Him, is in the flesh of those who love Him, and only otherwise seen in spirit...in parable. So, when we read, we should first pray, "Father, lead me in the ways of your Spirit, that I may see you." Then, know that what we read (like all things in the world) is a parable of greater meaning - not of worldly mysteries and secrets, but of godly wisdom, leading us unto all truth, by the Holy Spirit, our Helper.

There is so much more to be seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pisteuo and Sword

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My grandaughter starts acting up and it turns in to a full on frenzy. where I felt rage grow in me and I wanted to slap her back side. I never . I did catch her send her home to her mother.

But anger is flesh and not of God. So I masterd it on this occasion. and that is spirit.
So I kept my tounge and emotion to myself and never reacted the way I would have in the past.

Last edited:
Reactions: pia

Sword

Nov 13, 2016
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So I have no work today. and that can bring on a little lazyness,bordom,idle hands etc. I can sit here in the forum longer than normal. Or I can use my time to spend it with Father. So to hell with the flesh am off to speak to my Father. Hes waiting. You gonna go see Him to :) Like right now?

Reactions: pia

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nice ByGrace. Love the the "two wolves". Just love talking walking in the Spirit in general. I sat squarely on the fence most of my life. Now I see that I was doing all I could to live for this world and the treasures it could provide. Seeking whatever happiness I could beat out of this life. All the while proclaiming to believe and trust God. Now I see happiness in a different "Light". To see someone make the change, to just stop caring about what the world can provide and earnestly seek the will of God......that's happiness to me now.
Exactly as it should be :)