Spiritual Gifts Anyone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hey@Heart2Soul you said
Question @Angelina .....I remember I would enter a house or building and engage in conversation...and suddenly I would feel angry, or depressed, etc...for no reason...I don't know if it was discernment or not but I think it was cause when I left it went away.
That was when I first began discerning....is it like that with you?
I think sometimes we can walk into a cloud left behind from a former disagreement which occurred prior to your visit. No my first connection with discernment was when the Holy Spirit told me a situation happening with someone from Church. I was fortunate enough to have a home group leader who steered me in the right direction.

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I remember I would enter a house or building and engage in conversation...and suddenly I would feel angry, or depressed, etc...for no reason
BTDT

I remember entering a business, seeking employment. (I had never been there before and knew no one.) The guy seemed impressed by me and wanted to introduce me to his boss (who was also his mother). I was standing when she came in and she just glared at me. In the spirit, it felt like she had a threatening Doberman at her side that she was prepared to release on me, but she didn't. I stood my ground, oddly unfazed. I saw a leashed Rottweiler appear at my side, also spoiling for a fight (though I didn't know how to release him).

I realized that I wasn't going to be hired there, so I left under normal circumstances. I guessed that she was involved in witchcraft and recognized me right away as a Christian. The Doberman was probably her familiar, but I was unsure what my Rottweiler represented. (It called to mind Moses' snake miracle that swallowed up those of Jannes & Jambres.)

Last edited:

pompadour

Staff member
Oct 5, 2011
minnesota USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have had times when I could scene good and evil spirits. two times a demon possessed person. ( not as scary as I thought it would be .) but then they were not focused on me.
The worst was a Homosexual spirit. I met a man at a family get together. We were talking about the Bible. He asked if I wanted go look at the river that ran close by. As we walked out of the the yard I started feel a strong Homosexual spirit the farther we went the stronger it got.I kept looking around to see where it was coming from. I could not only sense it, I could feel it, it made my skin crawl. kind of like a cloud or a blanket around me. It was scary. We walked back and it went away. I found out a few months latter that the man was a homosexual.

Last edited:

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay.

But you know how the saying goes...
" A man with an experience is never at the mercy of a man with just an argument" :)

I suppose I could say this: I think we should all certainly be aspiring to greater gifts. For myself personally, I set my sights fairly high. I have often prayed for the ability to see in the Spirit (John 1:48; Colossians 2:5). I have also prayed numerous times for the ability to see into other's lives, which is a related gift (John 4:17-19). Both aide in being able to minister to others more effectively.

I have also desired to move in direct prophecy, by receiving visions of being taken up in Spirit to attend the counsels of God in Heaven, where decisions are made regarding future events; also to receive direct visitations from the Lord Himself to this end. I once had a dream which involved Sadhu Selveraj, who moves in these things. Everywhere I looked the ground was covered in water and flooded, making it hard to tell where it was safe to walk. But there was this one man standing out in an open field and he was standing on what looked like wooden crates. He stood above the water while proclaiming something. I decided in the dream that I wanted to do what he was doing, so I went looking to buy crates like he had. I eventually found some at a shop and bought several, but then I realized they weren't like the ones he had. His were sturdy, almost like warehouse pallets or something. The ones I purchased were more flimsy, and not as secure to stand on.

When I woke up, I realized the man was Selveraj, and that the prophetic word he stands on is more secure than what I stand on, because I interpret dreams but this means of operating in the prophetic is nowhere near as secure as receiving direct revelations through visitation or being caught up to witness the councils of God. I am still trying to discern if the dream was to encourage me to pray for such things, or if it was to instruct me that the form of prophecy I operate in (seeing through a glass darkly) is not as sure as the forms He manifests through others. But I would certainly like it if the Lord saw fit to give me such gifts some day, not for my own sake, but to be able to minister to His people more effectively.

Reactions: GracefulWarrior

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being able to hug Jesus in a dream was the greatest gift and experience Ive ever received. It really effected me powerfully. I'll never forget that...

Now I believe I receive prophetic dreams, but believe that is more of a gifting. I don't claim to know the future or proclaim it boldly. I can't remember where I lay things half the time, but I remember my dreams with a great deal of detail.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In 1984, I was invited over to a friends house for a fish fry...there was a lady there from our church and we were in the kitchen talking and all of a sudden I looked at her and said can I pray for you? She said yes...and I was led to take her to a private place in the house....I began to pray and the entire time it was in tongues....there was a strong anointing and I had placed my hand on her abdomen...then the anointing left....I stopped praying and said...well I am not sure what that was all about but it must have something to do with your abdomen area....

A couple of weeks later I received a call....she had just got back from the doctor...she had cancer in her pancreas....a large tumor...and the doctor ordered an ultrasound that day and it was gone...
She told me she didn't want to say anything at the time but wanted to wait til after the doctor confirmed it...but she said she felt that tumor disappear.....I said wow....I had no idea....and I told her it was your faith that healed you!

I sometimes wish I had a mentor back then....I just didn't know what was going on much....all I knew to do was when He said do this or do that I obeyed without asking any questions....probably should have asked questions...haha.

I don't even know which gift this was....intercessory prayer? healing? praying in tongues? All of them....lol....if you remember I just started being used of God that year.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
I am amazed sometimes at finding christians with powerful giftings but are immature in their Godly character. I believe that it is our responsibility to grow in respect to salvation and not to stay in an unrenewed state. Ephesians 4:17-23

I remember a guy from church who appeared a strong man of God and he had very powerful gifts, particularly in preaching and leading the lost to salvation. He was a rough diamond who I personally believed, struggled in some areas. One day he was talking to me about what ministries he was considering and I turned around and said to him, [randomly] "I know what you would really want to be doing" he looked at me curiously and said, "what would that be?"
"I said you want to be a pimp and want to run a brothel"

He turned to me incredulously and said "how the......did you know that?" I have never, ever told anybody about that?!
I said to him that I don't know but the Holy Spirit does, he knows everything, even the deepest thoughts of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10
In hindsight, I think that God was revealing to him that nothing was hidden from his sight. Hebrews 4:13

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am amazed sometimes at finding christians with powerful giftings but are immature in their Godly character. I believe that it is our responsibility to grow in respect to salvation and not to stay in an unrenewed state. Ephesians 4: 17-23

I remember a guy from church who appeared a strong man of God and he had very powerful gifts, particularly in preaching and leading the lost to salvation. He was a rough diamond who I personally believed, struggled in some areas. One day he was talking to me about what ministries he was considering and I turned around and said to him, [randomly] "I know what you would really want to be doing" he looked at me curiously and said, "what would that be?"

He turned to me incredulously and said "how the......did you know that?" I have never, ever told anybody about that?!
I said to him that I don't know but the Holy Spirit does, he knows everything, even the deepest thoughts of God. 1 Corinthians 2:10
In hindsight, I think that God was revealing to him that nothing was hidden from his sight. Hebrews 4:13

Ick. I can't believe he would even admit to that. How does someone have a heart for God and heart for ministry and yet have a heart like that?

I do know that more aggressive personalities who are more driven to succeed often have stronger sex drives as well. This is true in the area of both politics, commerce and religion. But for someone operating in the office of Pastor... I think this is why several of the early church fathers did not advise for younger men to be appointed to leadership positions in the church. Their flesh is still out of control. Timothy was an exception to the rule, and Paul had to advise him not to let anyone despise his youth. But Peter generally advised the same thing the fathers did; that younger men should submit to their elders and bide their time, for God would lift them up into places of leadership when their time finally came (1 Peter 5:5-6).

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do know that more aggressive personalities who are more driven to succeed often have stronger sex drives as well. This is true in the area of both politics, commerce and religion.

And I think this goes back to having discretion like we were talking about. I have a Pastor friend, a good man, who preaches often that no one but God needs to know our personal business, so that if He wishes to deal with us over it it will only be through someone who has His heart and speaks what God is truly saying in the matter. I think discretion is clearly seen in what the apostle Paul shared about himself in the famous passage where he admitted to struggling with his flesh:

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I. 16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. 17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. 19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. 20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. 21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me. 22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin. (Romans 7:15-25)

The highlighted words "in my members" are a near certain giveaway that he was talking about his sex drive, though this does not necessitate that he was actually committing sin. But the drive was apperently still there to do so, and plagued him like it plagues many Christian men today. King David is another notorious case in scripture of a man who truly had a heart for God but yet struggled with his sex drive; a struggle that eventually led him to kill another man.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am amazed sometimes at finding christians with powerful giftings but are immature in their Godly character. I believe that it is our responsibility to grow in respect to salvation and not to stay in an unrenewed state. Ephesians 4:17-23

god-can-use-you-too1.png

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The pimp/brothel thing sounds like "love of money" to me... $

Oh! Now that you mention it, yes LoL. I tend to associate pimps with... skimming perks off the top, if you will, since there are certainly other ways of making money. But maybe you are right.

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

This has a way of cheering one up, LoL!

hqdefault.jpg