Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Would rather Twiggy over JBS though, but would rather a professional Aussie fish farmer over both to take over, with the hands on experience.

Twiggy is a Christian, his multi billion dollar empire is massive though and I don't know if he can manage too much more, he is already spread out far and wide, he has plans to start a Oyster farming business too.

Possible conspiracy theory alert...
Cats are on the peptides... Supplied by Mark Thomson...

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Big last round... No team really in form
Cats and Dees play for top spot
Power can sneak into top 2 if they beat the dogs
And that would give the lions a chance to snare 4th spot on percentage... Vital to have a decent chance at the flag

I believe Bulldogs are the only team to have done in outside the top 4 in recent history, I don't know if any other team has done it before them.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I believe Bulldogs are the only team to have done in outside the top 4 in recent history, I don't know if any other team has done it before them.

Dogs looking strong in a low scoring encounter at half time... Port are very defensive I think, trying to stop the dogs instead of trying to score

I think Adelaide won outside the top 4 it in the late 90s when the Roos were favourite with Wayne Carey in his prime.

Two classical football mentalities
1- To win we must stop them from scoring
2- To win we must score
The second style is more exciting to watch

Also I didn't know April Rose was banned... She was a sweet girl. What happened?

Last edited:

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dogs looking strong in a low scoring encounter at half time... Port are very defensive I think, trying to stop the dogs instead of trying to score

I think Adelaide won outside the top 4 it in the late 90s when the Roos were favourite with Wayne Carey in his prime.

Two classical football mentalities
1- To win we must stop them from scoring
2- To win we must score
The second style is more exciting to watch

Port wins :D

Don't try option 1 in the other kind of football soccer, you can only park the bus for so long and then someone will usually slip up in the 90 minutes and then end up losing, well that's the usual case lolz.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Port wins :D

Don't try option 1 in the other kind of football soccer, you can only park the bus for so long and then someone will usually slip up in the 90 minutes and then end up losing, well that's the usual case lolz.

Na in soccer it's called catenaco and it works if done correctly... The Italians invented it, many top coaches use it for at least some periods of some games... You park the bus, draw them in and hit them on the counter... Or score first the park the bus

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Na in soccer it's called catenaco and it works if done correctly... The Italians invented it, many top coaches use it for at least some periods of some games... You park the bus, draw them in and hit them on the counter... Or score first the park the bus

Brisbane only have turn up to win and gain 0.2% to make the top 4.

They don't want to slip up though lolz.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes!!!!! Brisbane got into the top 4 by 7 points to get over the required margin!!! Lolz, really lucky!

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
To my Kiwi mates @Backlit and @APAK and there is another one i forgot their name

Cultural Marxism in New Zealand sport...
The NZ soccer team is known as the all whites but guess what... Its racist so their changing the name...

Your thoughts...

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To my Kiwi mates @Backlit and @APAK and there is another one i forgot their name

The NZ soccer team is known as the all whites but guess what... Its racist so their changing the name...

Your thoughts...
I was waiting for this to happen months ago....bunch of losers..it's all gone down the %$itter.....

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your thoughts...
The Pastor of my church preached a sermon last Sunday on the dangers of Marxism, critical race theory and social justice. It was enlightening and very disturbing! I see that Marxism is not just a problem in America.

Reactions: APAK and Cristo Rei

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes!!!!! Brisbane got into the top 4 by 7 points to get over the required margin!!! Lolz, really lucky!

Not a great 2nd quarter, otherwise it could have been a close game against the Dees. Highlights Charlie Cameron kicks 5, and the Lions left the Dees goalless in the 3rd quarter.

Tough one against the Dogs next week.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Video: Hungary Fans Loudly Boo England Players Taking a Knee
by Paul Joseph Watson
Last night saw possibly the loudest ever example of ‘take a knee’ being booed as Hungary fans jeered at England players during their performance of the BLM-linked gesture.

The incident took place before the two team’s World Cup qualifying match in Budapest.

As soon as England players took a knee, the crowd responded with loud booing and whistling.

Compared to other instances of the gesture being jeered, this was almost certainly the loudest negative reaction it has ever received, with huge numbers of the thousands in attendance at the Puskas Arena joining in.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1433529507244384258

The media later tried to distract from the issue by claiming that Hungary fans had aimed racist chants at black England players.

As we previously highlighted, following England’s defeat to Italy in the final of Euro 2020 back in July, the media whipped up a contrived hysteria surrounding racist comments posted on social media networks.

Prior to the Euro 2020 football tournament, Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orbán defended fans who booed Ireland players taking a knee before a match, asserting that the display was a “provocation” and is only being performed in some European countries due to their historical guilt over slavery.

Before a match between Germany and Hungary, authorities in Munich attempted to light up the Allianz Arena in LGBT rainbow colors in an effort to chide Hungary over the passage of a law that forbids promotion of homosexuality, transgenderism to children.

UEFA refused the request, insisting that the stunt was a political message, which is forbidden under their rules.

Mouthpieces for the sports media in England have continually asserted that the ‘take a knee’ gesture is a generic way of opposing racism and has nothing to do with BLM, yet it was introduced immediately after the protests over the death of George Floyd during a time when Premier League footballers wore shirts emblazoned with the words “Black Lives Matter,” while giant BLM flags were also displayed in stadiums across the country.

———————————————————————————————————————

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Brizzy beating Dogs by 11 points at Quarter time, some pretty good play so far.