Sports

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Enjoying a hot cuppa and contemplating the impending stoush on the week end.

View attachment 16448

Us Aussies hiding right now.

images

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
At least we didn't loose 66 to 0 this time... LoL
I must admit I don't understand all the rules

Reactions: Josho

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
She's giving some of her personal view in life with faith in God..neat

It would be nice if I could actually see her entire face though with her full expressions and gestures along with her words..

It is good seeing a few Christian young athletes though, using it as an opportunity to share their faith.

Reactions: APAK

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
She's giving some of her personal view in life with faith in God..neat

It would be nice if I could actually see her entire face though with her full expressions and gestures along with her words..
You could see her expressions before her jumps in her preparation. Thought she was going to burst out crying every time. Very emotional.

Reactions: APAK

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Highest mountain in Australia is still Mt Cook at 3,724m...:p

But seriously... I would be happy living in Queenstown NZSI... Funky little town surrounded by ski fields with looong runs and soft virgin powder snow... Ah... :D I have such fond memories of that place

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just gotta say, so proud of New Zealand being 13th in the world in the medal tally at the Olympics.
And well done Australia also being in 6th place.
I think per Capita, both Nations can be pretty chuffed.

Join us... No more Bledisloe torture pls... Truce

Reactions: Josho

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sports
OP^

Personally, participating in sports, watching talented players in sports activities can be "fun".

Knowing the "corruption" that goes on "behind" the scenes...makes me have no interest, in watching, following, betting, cheering for, pride, in any "adult" sports "teams"...
(Little kids, playing...enjoyable)
* Adult sports; "behind" the scenes, drugs, cheating, bribes....and the Ticket, Seating, Parking, Food, Drinks, Trinkets "fees"... crazy!
Not my cup of tea...

Okay, okay...a bummer post on your OP...nothing personal to "sports teams followers"...;)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Just gotta say, so proud of New Zealand being 13th in the world in the medal tally at the Olympics.
And well done Australia also being in 6th place.
I think per Capita, both Nations can be pretty chuffed.

If Aus and NZ had the population of the UK..... :eek:

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Aus and NZ had the population of the UK..... :eek:
Although it would not be a 1:1 ratio in the increase in medal count. Yes, the probability of both nations (of Australia and New Zealand) coming in the top 10 would be highly probable based on the performances this Summer.

So how bad is the score going to be? Are the worried retreating Wallabies going to lose the next Bledisloe test match by 10 points or more? They need to find their rhythm from the start of the game else look out again...the Kiwis will have another party.

Reactions: Cristo Rei

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@Josho

A few surprises last round with the dons beating the dogs and the cats loosing at home to GWS...

Yep and then GWS thumped the Tiges tonight..

Now we need 2 losses in a row from dogs, cats or power, and 2 wins in a row from Brisbane to get back into the top 4. Highly unlikely, but not impossible. Saints will be trying very hard to beat the Cats and Hawks have been in form for the last couple of games and could beat the Dogs.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yep and then GWS thumped the Tiges tonight..

Now we need 2 losses in a row from dogs, cats or power, and 2 wins in a row from Brisbane to get back into the top 4. Highly unlikely, but not impossible. Saints will be trying very hard to beat the Cats and Hawks have been in form for the last couple of games and could beat the Dogs.

Hawks beat the Dogs 64-37

Saints are currently beating Geelong and Carlton is marginally beating the power.

Next week is danger week for Geelong, Dogs and Power if they all lose this week.

The last round is

Melbourne vs Geelong
Dogs vs Power

Could pave the way for a top 4 spot if Brisbane are able to string 2 wins together.