• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith, without works, is dead. So we teach as Scripture teaches: Faith + Works = justification
Catholics are really illiterate when it comes to the matter of justification.
No work makes a man righteous. Only being forgiven your unrighteousness by faith in Christ's sacrifice on the altar in heaven can remove your sin guilt and have it replaced with God's righteousness. That is the very gospel message that the Catholics can't see. They insist a man is made righteous as a reward for doing righteous work. That is the exact works gospel condemned in scripture. But why should we listen to the original authors, right, lol? Surely, your men know better than they.

Reactions: Jim B

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics are really illiterate when it comes to the matter of ...

Catholics are really illiterate when it comes to the matter of Scripture. Of all the denominations, Catholics typically show the least knowledge of the Bible - or even interest in what it says.

I was raised a Catholic. My mother thought we were resurrected as Spirit beings. When I learned in CCD that was not the case and told her, her reaction was insightful of the Catholic mind. 1st, she denied it. 2nd, when I re-asserted it with evidence, she merely said "Oh" and shrugged her shoulders.

Honestly, it was the same with Catholics being cannibals, in literally eating the body and blood of Christ, crucifying him again and again at every Mass, through the ghastly principle known as transubstantiation. It is as if he was not resurrected. But there he is, still hanging on the Catholic Crucifix! This is akin to the pagan god, Prometheus, eaten alive forever. There is a lot of the RCC traditions that smack of paganism.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If alls it takes are the parties involved then why does Scripture say take it to 1-2 other brothers?
FORGIVENESS is what only requires the parties involved.
You do not need anybody else to settle the matter of forgiveness in earth and in heaven when someone sins against you if they receive that forgiveness. No popes, cardinals, or bishops, or rituals necessary. God sees it and it is done in heaven as they have done it on earth. It only goes before the congregation when the sinner refuses all opportunities to repent and be forgiven. That’s what the passage says. Your men can’t see that. They tell you to believe their false heretical teaching about the passage. And that if you don’t believe them you will not be allowed to receive Christ’s life through the Communion ritual and you will be lost. As a Catholic you’re not allowed to read the passage for yourself. You have to read it the way they tell you that you must read it…or else.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FORGIVENESS is what only requires the parties involved.
You do not need anybody else to settle the matter of forgiveness in earth and in heaven when someone sins against you if they receive that forgiveness. No popes, cardinals, or bishops, or rituals necessary. God sees it and it is done in heaven as they have done it on earth. It only goes before the congregation when the sinner refuses all opportunities to repent and be forgiven. That’s what the passage says. Your men can’t see that. They tell you to believe their false heretical teaching about the passage. And that if you don’t believe them you will not be allowed to receive Christ’s life through the Communion ritual and you will be lost. As a Catholic you’re not allowed to read the passage for yourself. You have to read it the way they tell you that you must read it…or else.
Thanks Ferris. I agree FORGIVENESS is required for the parties involved. But the passages say that I am to go find 1-2 other brothers if they don’t admit their sin. So I forgive them AND they then admit their sin there is no need to go to 1-2 other members OR the rest of the church. So it is NOT only about forgiveness; it is also about their admission of guilt or repentance. But I get the gist of what you are saying…

On a side note; I have been getting a lot of pop up adds on this website lately. Have you also? Has something changed with Christianity Board or is it just MY computer…..

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Catholics are really illiterate when it comes to the matter of justification.
No work makes a man righteous. Only being forgiven your unrighteousness by faith in Christ's sacrifice on the altar in heaven can remove your sin guilt and have it replaced with God's righteousness. That is the very gospel message that the Catholics can't see. They insist a man is made righteous as a reward for doing righteous work. That is the exact works gospel condemned in scripture. But why should we listen to the original authors, right, lol? Surely, your men know better than they.
Ferris…seriously….you can stop with you jabs at Catholic teachings. I get it….you disagree with everything The Church teaches…..that is unless YOU decide the teaching is right then that means we are right. So please….stop…I get it. You are beginning to look childish and pettish.

According to the original authors if you don’t have works does your faith matter? Yes or no?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not a judgement but historical fact. No more than it is MY decision that the Roman Empire has collapsed, Columbus disovered the New World, the Wright Brothers invented the air plane, etc.
Oh….a historical fact? Wow….I didn’t know that.

Well, Columbus didn’t discover the New World. There were people here already. The Wright brothers did not invent the airplane….they improved it. But I have learned that the TRUTH really doesn’t matter to you I.E. our Supreme Court discussion

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is one of the sorriest attempts to not be wrong that I've ever seen, lol!
Ok…..thanks Ferris.
Sister, you are lost!

A management principle is in play here; handle things at the lowest level of management. The reason Scripture adds above and beyond the parties involved is ... what for it ... ESCALATION.

For some reason, you are presuming 'the church' referenced in Scripture is the Roman Catholic Church, when it simply means ones congregation. The Gospel is simple and practical. You are desperately trying to make it complicated to the point one must abdicate their thinking minds to the modern day Pharisees, their spiritual superiors, the RCC hierarchy.
Ok Ferris. If you sin against me I will go ask my congregation if it is a sin and you go ask your congregation. What do we do if they disagree with each other?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh….a historical fact? Wow….I didn’t know that.

Doesn't surprise me.

Well, Columbus didn’t discover the New World. There were people here already.

Columbus discovered the New World - and told people of his discovery. See the difference pussy cat?

The Wright brothers did not invent the airplane….they improved it.

No. The Wright Brothers invented a plane and playing word games will not change facts. The Wright Brothers invented the 1st plane to take off and not crash land. That is the line, an invention that actually works!

But I have learned that the TRUTH really doesn’t matter to you I.E. our Supreme Court discussion

Again the Supreme Court is not the Supreme Being. And while we are at it, the RCC is not the Supreme Being. :p

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok Ferris. If you sin against me I will go ask my congregation if it is a sin and you go ask your congregation. What do we do if they disagree with each other?

Go. Go in peace if you can but go.

You are incessant about not agreeing. A mocking and divisive Spirit, you have Mary.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ferris…seriously….you can stop with you jabs at Catholic teachings. I get it….you disagree with everything The Church teaches…..that is unless YOU decide the teaching is right then that means we are right. So please….stop…I get it. You are beginning to look childish and pettish.

According to the original authors if you don’t have works does your faith matter? Yes or no?

Ferris is right about the Catholic denomination and it's rituals and teachings. I know it's hard to read if you're a Catholic but it's true regardless.

"Works" are the result of faith, nothing more.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go. Go in peace if you can but go.

You are incessant about not agreeing. A mocking and divisive Spirit, you have Mary.
Got it….I either go away OR the only resolution is if I agree with Ferris? Hmmmmm…..maybe he can agree with me OR he can go away and then we will have resolution?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Columbus discovered the New World - and told people of his discovery. See the difference pussy cat?

Again the Supreme Court is not the Supreme Being. And while we are at it, the RCC is not the Supreme Being. :p
You crack me up Wrangler…..I know facts don’t matter to you kiddo but there were people here (Indians) when Columbus arrived and the Vikings landed in North America and stayed for 10 years around 1,000 AD. Therefor he did not discover it. You cant’ discover something that has already been found. Deny the facts all you want…it doesn’t change the facts. He then reported back to the “people” who financed the exploration; Ferdinand and Isabella. Did you know his goal was to spread the Catholic faith? Another win for us Catholics!

What the heck is the weird pussy cat comment all about kiddo?

I never said the Supreme Court was the supreme being. That is just a ridiculous comparison you made previously and it makes no sense.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Got it….I either go away OR the only resolution is if I agree with Ferris? Hmmmmm…..maybe he can agree with me OR he can go away and then we will have resolution?

Try agree with God for once.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it’s called denomination.
And I am willing that you and Ferris belong to the same denomination because the two of you agree on EVERTHING biblical…Don’t you? (Not)

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I am willing that you and Ferris belong to the same denomination because the two of you agree on EVERTHING biblical…Don’t you? (Not)
I doubt it but that's OK. We don't have to agree on everything. Don't you get it?! It's not about agreement but relationships. There is not doctrinal purity test in Scripture as a condition to be saved.

Unlike you, we don't try to force our views on others. One thing I admire about @Ferris Bueller is his persuasive ability to articulate his position.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I doubt it but that's OK. We don't have to agree on everything. Don't you get it?! It's not about agreement but relationships. There is not doctrinal purity test in Scripture as a condition to be saved.

Unlike you, we don't try to force our views on others. One thing I admire about @Ferris Bueller is his persuasive ability to articulate his position.
Lol....YOU don't you get it! ONCE AGAIN, Scripture proves you wrong: hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.

teach what accords with sound doctrine.

So that we may no longer be children, tossed to and fro by the waves and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by human cunning, by craftiness in deceitful schemes.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong? I'm not tired of proving you wrong ;)

Ferris hasn't been articulate about anything. And I suspect he is only articulate and persuasive when the two of you agree....or when you tell him he is right. When you disagree with him he isn't very persuasive....now is he wrangler?