• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so I should ignore what the authors of the Bible say and go with your men who say you are saved by eating a piece of Passover bread, the law observance that Paul said can not and does not justify? Yeah, okay, I'll do that, lol.
Nope, ignore that voice in your head that you think is the Holy Spirit talking to you. There is only one author of confusion and it is not the Holy Spirit!! And you are confused......

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did that already: John 20:23

And if you think the forgiving of sins, or the not forgiving of sins is not binding and loosing see Matthew 18:15-20.
Here is the passage you linked: whose soever sins ye forgive, they are forgiven unto them; whose soever [sins] ye retain, they are retained.

Show me the word key in that passage and I will cede. Hint: it's not there kiddo.

Which means..........................ONLY Peter was given the keys kiddo.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope, ignore that voice in your head that you think is the Holy Spirit talking to you.
I reject your erroneous heretical Catholic teaching that says the Apostle John was wrong when he taught us that we have an anointing to know what is truth and what is not.

How ironic it is that Catholics reject his teaching since they claim to be in the spiritual line of the original Apostles.

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the passage you linked: whose soever sins ye forgive, they are forgiven unto them; whose soever [sins] ye retain, they are retained.

Show me the word key in that passage and I will cede. Hint: it's not there kiddo.

Which means..........................ONLY Peter was given the keys kiddo.
READ MY POSTS!
↓↓↓
I did that already: John 20:23

And if you think the forgiving of sins, or the not forgiving of sins is not binding and loosing see Matthew 18:15-20.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your men have failed you. They have not taught you all of Scripture. You should run from them. :r.u.n:

What is the CONTEXT of Jesus denouncing the men in long robes (the scribes and the Pharisees) amigo?

WHY did Jesus tell his disciples to do whatever they (the scribes and the Pharisees) teach you and follow it?

Why did Paul say "Obey those that rule over you" amigo?

Paul said the men who lead the church (the elders) are worthy of double honor. What men rule over you that are worthy of double honor amigo? what title do you give them?

Sooooooo now the question is: Is Jesus and Paul's teaching contradictory? Do we obey men in robes and do what they tell us to do OR beware of them? Or did amigo's teachers not teach him all of Scripture and put it into CONTEXT for him?

Mary
My men have failed me . YOu mind telling me what men those are . My Father was an atheist
my mother was a non praticing catholic . WHEN I was raised up as a child , IT WASNT IN any church
and when i came to GOD , MY BOOK IS THE BIBLE . THE MEN of that bible didnt fail me . THEY WROTE TRUTH .
ITS YOUR MEN who claim they are of that , That failed YOU . ONLY you cant see it cause you keep sitting under such men .
GO and learn that .

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My men have failed me . YOu mind telling me what men those are . My Father was an atheist
my mother was a non praticing catholic . WHEN I was raised up as a child , IT WASNT IN any church
and when i came to GOD , MY BOOK IS THE BIBLE . THE MEN of that bible didnt fail me . THEY WROTE TRUTH .
ITS YOUR MEN who claim they are of that , That failed YOU . ONLY you cant see it cause you keep sitting under such men .
GO and learn that .
I can't tell you what men are lying to you. Only you know that.....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Define born again........
What? You don't know what being born again means????
Or are you afraid that you are in fact not born again? You're Catholic and so I suspect that is your hesitancy to answer my question. You have a very serious problem of conflict of doctrine between the truth of being presently born again and being presently saved. That's why you have to ask me to define being born again. You are the champion of all truth. You define 'born again'.

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reject your erroneous heretical Catholic teaching that says the Apostle John was wrong when he taught us that we have an anointing to know what is truth and what is not.

How ironic it is that Catholic's reject his teaching since they claim to be in the spiritual line of the original Apostles.
THEY REJECT PETER HIMSELF whom they claim is the pope of they church . THIS is the problem
these trapped catholics have been brainwashed and brain fed that they THE CHURCH , that they sit under the teachings
of CHRIST and peter and the apostels . BUT have ZERO discernment and cannot see
THAT IS IN NAME ONLY cause that CC contradicts a whole lot more than what JOHN WROTE . ITS POPES
are NOTHING LIKE PETER . NOTHING

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or are you afraid that you are in fact not born again? You're Catholic and so I suspect that is your hesitancy to answer my question. You have a very serious problem of conflict of doctrine between the truth of presently being born again and being presently saved. That's why you have to ask me to define being born again. You are the champion of all truth. You define 'born again'.
You crack me up Ferris. If I don't know what YOUR definition of born again is, then I can't answer YOUR question. Are you talking about the Protestant definition OR the definition in Scripture?

Patient Mary

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not a teacher kiddo. You are posting your OPINION/interpretation on what Scripture says. It is your OPINION that Peter receiving keys is equal to the other Apostles receiving keys. That is YOUR OPINION/interpretation. What you say is not what Scripture says
Lol, I posted the scriptures. They speak for themselves. No interpretation needed. I literally said what the scriptures say using the scriptures themselves.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You crack me up Ferris. If I don't know what YOUR definition of born again is, then I can't answer YOUR question. Are you talking about the Protestant definition OR the definition in Scripture?

Patient Mary
I asked YOU to define 'born again'. You should have no problem with that since you, being a Catholic, know all truth and are so eager to instruct us non-Catholics.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Or are you afraid that you are in fact not born again? You're Catholic and so I suspect that is your hesitancy to answer my question. You have a very serious problem of conflict of doctrine between the truth of being presently born again and being presently saved. That's why you have to ask me to define being born again. You are the champion of all truth. You define 'born again'.
Here is the great thing about The Church. We have our doctrines, beliefs, teachings, dogma etc. posted where anyone in the world can read it. Since you are a basement christian and your doctrines, beliefs, teachings, dogma etc. are only in your head there is no way I could know what YOUR definition of born again is. Also, your definition could change as you grow in your faith (that is your theory, not mine). You already know (or can find) my definition. So stop being so petulant.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you were honest, which you are not, you would repeat the words of Jesus.
What a joke. I literally posted the words of Jesus and John and somehow I'm not repeating the words of Jesus. I don't even have to explain them! They are so simple and easily understood any honest person can see right in the words of the scriptures, alone (the Catholics favorite word, lol), that what I say is just right out of the Bible.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked YOU to define 'born again'. You should have no problem with that since you, being a Catholic, know all truth and are so eager to instruct us non-Catholics.
You didn't ask me to teach you what The Church teaches on being born again kiddo. You asked me if I was born again.

Last chance dodge ball........What is your definition?

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is the great thing about The Church. We have our doctrines, beliefs, teachings, dogma etc. posted where anyone in the world can read it. Since you are a basement christian and your doctrines, beliefs, teachings, dogma etc. are only in your head there is no way I could know what YOUR definition of born again is. Also, your definition could change as you grow in your faith (that is your theory, not mine). You already know (or can find) my definition. So stop being so petulant.
So you're afraid to define 'born again'. Lol.
You're afraid because you know inside that as a Catholic you can't be born again and not saved yet at the same time, lol.

'Born again' is the Catholic's Kryptonite.
I knew you'd chaff at the question. That's why I asked it. You are probably not born again. That's why you can't grasp what we and the scriptures say.

I suspect that you are simply a 'religious' person. One day you decided to go to church and agree with and practice it's creeds and dogmas because you think that is what constitutes being on God's side.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you're afraid to define 'born again'. Lol.
You're afraid because you know inside that as a Catholic you can't be born again and not saved yet at the same time, lol.

'Born again' is the Catholic's Kryptonite.
I knew you'd chaff at the question. That's why I asked it. You are probably not born again. That's why you can't grasp what we and the scriptures say.
You crack me up Ferris. The Churches definition of being born again is available for everyone in the world to read. Your definition is not available for everyone to read. That is why I asked you YOUR definition. Because I already know when I post what The Church has taught for 2,000 years about what it takes to be born again you are going to tell me that The Church is wrong.

It appears you are too embarrassed to say on a public forum what your definition is so I will not ask you to publicly embarrass yourself. If you want to private message me to save yourself from the embarrassment I am open to that.

Thank you for your time.