Staying Positive!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings, everybody! A friend of mine recently told me to stay positive and joyful, and I needed it. With everything going on in the world, I think the command in Philippians 4:8 is more important with every passing day.

So I'm starting a thread for all things positive. It can be a poem, a report, and testimony, a music video, anything, just as long as it is positive and something we can take joy in in the midst of troubled times.

This song was popular on the radio when I got saved. It has stayed with me all these years. Kyrie Eleison means "Lord, have mercy."

God bless everyone who participates!
Hidden

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Blessings, everybody! A friend of mine recently told me to stay positive and joyful, and I needed it. With everything going on in the world, I think the command in Philippians 4:8 is more important with every passing day.

So I'm starting a thread for all things positive. It can be a poem, a report, and testimony, a music video, anything, just as long as it is positive and something we can take joy in in the midst of troubled times.

This song was poplar on the radio when I got saved. It has stayed with me all these years. Kyrie Eleison means "Lord, have mercy."

God bless everyone who participates!
Hidden

Hi @Hidden In Him ; I was just going to refer you to Philippians, and then I saw you had already quoted from it.... :)

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Job 14 7

“For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
9 Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.”

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Job 14 7

“For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease.
Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground;
9 Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.”

Wow! I don't know what those verses mean to you, but they minister to me for sure.

Most of my contributions will likely be music. This one reminds me of the love we share with one another whenever we share our lives, our thoughts, our hearts with each other; it's a form of giving and receiving, which is the way God intended it to be.

Give a little bit, Give a little bit of your love to me
Give a little bit, I'll give a little bit of my love to you
There's so much that we need to share
So send a smile and show you care

I'll give a little bit, I'll give a little bit of my life for you
So give a little bit, Give a little bit of your time to me
See the man with the lonely eyes, oh take his hand, you'll be surprised
Oh, take it. And come along

Give a little bit, Give a little bit of your love to me
I'll give a little bit of my life for you
Now's the time that we need to share
So find yourself, we're on our way back home. Oh, going home
Don't you need, don't you need to feel at home
Oh yeah, we gotta sing. You gotta get a feeling
Oh, yeah, come along too..
You can come along too, yeah
Come-a, come-a, come-a, come along
Yeah come along too...

Come along too
What a long ride
Come a long way
Oh, sing it tonight

brionne

May 31, 2010
Australia
Psalm 37:10-11
Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more;
You will look at where they were,
And they will not be there.
11 But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

We are living on the verge of Gods intervention and will very soon be living under his own Kingdom government.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My parents have always had this poem up on the wall of my sisters old bedroom.
I remember reading it when i had turned away from God in my late teens but thought nothing of it...

Twenty years later and I had returned to God. I was visiting my parents and this frame caught my eye as I walked past the room.
So I went in and read the footprints in the sand poem again. This time I was so moved that it made me weep.
I felt a deep sense of guilt and remorse for having questioned and even criticized the Lord, mixed with a huge sense of gratitude.

footprints.jpg

Hidden In Him

May 10, 2018
Lafayette, LA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 37:10-11
Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more;
You will look at where they were,
And they will not be there.
11 But the meek will possess the earth,
And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

We are living on the verge of Gods intervention and will very soon be living under his own Kingdom government.

Wow. Wonderful passages being quoted in this thread! Glad I created it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.
Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.
Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.
Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.
Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.
Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD" Psalm 150:1-6

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My parents have always had this poem up on the wall of my sisters old bedroom.
I remember reading it when i had turned away from God in my late teens but thought nothing of it...

Twenty years later and I had returned to God. I was visiting my parents and this frame caught my eye as I walked past the room.
So I went in and read the footprints in the sand poem again. This time I was so moved that it made me weep.
I felt a deep sense of guilt and remorse for having questioned and even criticized the Lord, mixed with a huge sense of gratitude.

footprints.jpg
Such a blessing Cristo to be moved by these words you have presented here. Knowing our spirit is becoming as his, his Son. We just know it inside of us. And in this moment of reflection and tender humility, electricity fills our being. Our eyes begin to water, to fill our hearts in warmth that comes from the true miracle worker in us - our Father who art in heaven. Amen

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For this reason I kneel before the Father,

from whom every family in heaven and on earth is named,

that he may grant you in accord with the riches of his glory to be strengthened with power through his Spirit in the inner self,

and that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, rooted and grounded in love,

may have strength to comprehend with all the holy ones what is the breadth and length and height and depth,

and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, so that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

Now to him who is able to accomplish far more than all we ask or imagine, by the power at work within us,

to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Peace be with you!

Haha, hard to edit with tears streaming down your face o_O

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Follow Me”"
One day there was a man lost in the woods. From the bottom of his soul he cried out, “"Please help me."” He then turned around and a man appeared to him. This man wiped the tears from the mans eyes and they talked awhile. The man asked, "“Would you like to come to my house?"” The other man replied, "“I have been wandering here in the woods for some time now and I would like to come to your house. Which way is it?”" The man then replied," “Listen carefully my son, if you follow me, you will find my house. Now I must go on ahead to prepare a place for you. If you follow me, you will be able to hear me and I will lead you to my house.”" He then turned and disappeared. The man found himself seemingly alone but he was happy. He looked all around himself and saw trees all around him. He then heard, “"Turn to your right and walk",”and he did so. All that day, whatever he heard, he did. On the next day as he was walking down a narrow path, the thorns of many bushes on both sides of the path kept digging into his legs which brought tears to his eyes. He then heard, "“Be strong my son, keep walking.”" He continued to walk and thought to himself, “I've been walking for two days now and I still have not found my friend's house, maybe I am going the wrong way. Besides, before, when I was lost I didn't have the thorns of these bushes hurting me.” Just about that time he noticed a clearing on the left side of the path. He thought,”maybe I could find my friend's house this way and he turned and started to walk. He noticed that in the clearing that there was many leaves from the trees covering the ground. As he walked suddenly he began to feel himself falling. He had fallen into a pit. His frustration had turned to fear. He attempted again and again to climb out but to no avail. By now he was tired and scared. Again his soul cried out, "“Please help me.”" He then heard from a distance, "“My son, what are you doing here? Remember, if you follow me you will find my house, but if you do not, you will never find it".” The man responded, “I will follow you” and imediatly fell asleep from exhaustion. The next morning, the man awoke from the sounds of birds singing and the rays of the sun shinning on his forehead down in the pit. He immediately thought of his friends words and he looked around. He then noticed that overnight a thick vine had grown down into the pit and he quickly pulled himself out and he ran back to the path. Imediatly he heard, "“Now I must tell you the truth, before, when you walked, you did not see me but I walked with you. If you truly follow me, you will find my house and I will be with you even to the end of time."”
From the wilderness 1999

Agios

Jun 2, 2020
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 23:4
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

Praise God, the only One worthy of it!