Stress

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now this isn't chronic stress or anything, but sometimes when I have really stressful days like today and wind up with a lot on my brain, it affects how I function and leaves me a bit anxious and uncomfortable as well through the rest of my body and I was wondering why this was.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's probably just anxiety. Anxiety will do that.

Unless you mean ruminating. Ruminating is when you're thinking about the same things over and over again, focusing on them for long periods of time that it becomes circular thoughts, and if you do it too long you might to start like you're on stuck on a roundabout. It will wear down the body and makes it really hard to get things done.

If it's ruminating, the common way to snap out of it is to have to check in with yourself, remind yourself of the time and where you are, smell something strong, walk around somewhere. It's just to bring you back to the present/reality, because sometimes its easy for us to get lost in our thoughts.

Or ice cream.
We should get ice cream.

Reactions: April_Rose

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey I'm all for that, I love ice cream! :D
YES. I don't even care if I break out afterwards.
giphy.gif

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Now this isn't chronic stress or anything, but sometimes when I have really stressful days like today and wind up with a lot on my brain, it affects how I function and leaves me a bit anxious and uncomfortable as well through the rest of my body and I was wondering why this was.

That mental discomfort is real and it doesn't go away until we relax...
Stress is meant to provoke us into doing something to reduce that stress...

Stress is a situation that triggers a particular biological response. When you perceive a threat or a major challenge, chemicals and hormones surge throughout your body.
Stress triggers your fight-or-flight response in order to fight the stressor or run away from it. Typically, after the response occurs, your body should relax. Too much constant stress can have negative effects on your long-term health.

Stress is a normal biological reaction to a potentially dangerous situation. When you encounter sudden stress, your brain floods your body with chemicals and hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol.
That gets your heart beating faster and sends blood to muscles and important organs. You feel energized and have heightened awareness so you can focus on your immediate needs.

Check out this webpage for a more detailed explanation on stress
The Basics of Stress

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Yoga and ASMR does help me calm down an awful lot.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ultimately stress is a result of ones paradigm