Suffering In Serving God ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aug 31, 2017
Bath
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Why is it when coming to God, life becomes harder, ever since I came to God in faith and excepted Jesus as Lord and saviour, so many trials and tests have come upon me, the world is harder against me.. I've lost friends.. and it's a real bitter end of the stick.. Will things change and get easier? Or is this dicipline continual from God.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi

Why is it when coming to God, life becomes harder, ever since I came to God in faith and excepted Jesus as Lord and saviour, so many trials and tests have come upon me, the world is harder against me.. I've lost friends.. and it's a real bitter end of the stick.. Will things change and get easier? Or is this dicipline continual from God.
Living for God hard is easy, but living for God easy is hard!
We were never promised a bed of roses without thorns in this natural life of the flesh.

"Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also." John 5:20

Reactions: Windmillcharge

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Because the Cnristian life can be hard, that is why we are told to meet together so we can support one another, encourage or be encouraged, to learn about God and to pray for one another.

Checkout the christianityexplored web site for churches that run this course in your area.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi

We need to focus on the Lord Jesus, Who was 'obedient unto death, even the death of the cross' (Philippians 2, a great chapter to study.

B

Butterfly

I remember feeling exactly the same - I thought that with God on my side my life would get a lot easier !!!!
You need to remember that before you came to faith you were really no threat to the enermy, now you are on Gods side, he doesn' t like that- some of what your facing will be him endeavouring to knock you off course and be discouraged. Some will be just the natural side of having something in your life that perhaps those around you do not have, we change.
Remember that Jesus is always with you , your companion through the storms. Often as not we are learning through the storms, and growing but we do not always realise it until we look back. You are adapting to a new way of thinking ect, give yourself time to adapt .
I found that I felt foolish asking questions of people around me, but we have all got our experiences , so ask away.
All the best as you adapt , and I am sorry that you have lost friends, that's a hard thing to face xxxxxx
Rita

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I remember feeling exactly the same - I thought that with God on my side my life would get a lot easier !!!!
You need to remember that before you came to faith you were really no threat to the enermy, now you are on Gods side, he doesn' t like that- some of what your facing will be him endeavouring to knock you off course and be discouraged. Some will be just the natural side of having something in your life that perhaps those around you do not have, we change.
Remember that Jesus is always with you , your companion through the storms. Often as not we are learning through the storms, and growing but we do not always realise it until we look back. You are adapting to a new way of thinking ect, give yourself time to adapt .
I found that I felt foolish asking questions of people around me, but we have all got our experiences , so ask away.
All the best as you adapt , and I am sorry that you have lost friends, that's a hard thing to face xxxxxx
Rita
Isaiah 48.10: "I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction".

The point is not to avoid discomfort at all costs, but to be able to rejoice that we are chosen.