Swearing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
Well I have finally started to aggressively change myself as a person( its about time), to become more Christlike and less like the world. and well one of the first things which has to go...Swearing. Being away from God for a while and being in a high school, I have slowly but surely been swearing like mad the last couple of months and I have decided to take a stand. Ive counted myself at three slips for today, whcih I'm slightly thrilled about because that is way down from my average the last few weeks.I know that almost every American christian has battled and probably defeated this habit, and I would love some tips from those who have. anything is welcome.

shmity72

Feb 17, 2009
re:language.'swearing' in my book is taking the Lords name in viegn. Language can be hurtful even hatefully so...with or without 'swear' words. Name calling is, as i'm sure we'd all agree, a relatively bad thing.Personally, when a child says something...like when my 9 year old says: ahhhhh crud !!!I think that is borderline swearing...personally, when someone witness high tramau...like say ...mutilation...then they might let out Christs name and/or a few profanities.I think that is borderline normal.But. as it says in the new testament somewhere..."may your words have a salty savor..."____________________________________Good luck with cleaning up your diction/language/adjectives!sincerely, shmity72

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
QUOTE (shmity72 @ Feb 18 2009, 04:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69395
QUOTE (Letsgofishing @ Feb 18 2009, 04:07 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=69392
Well I have finally started to aggressively change myself as a person( its about time), to become more Christlike and less like the world. and well one of the first things which has to go...Swearing. Being away from God for a while and being in a high school, I have slowly but surely been swearing like mad the last couple of months and I have decided to take a stand. Ive counted myself at three slips for today, whcih I'm slightly thrilled about because that is way down from my average the last few weeks.I know that almost every American christian has battled and probably defeated this habit, and I would love some tips from those who have. anything is welcome.
re:language.'swearing' in my book is taking the Lords name in viegn. Language can be hurtful even hatefully so...with or without 'swear' words. Name calling is, as i'm sure we'd all agree, a relatively bad thing.Personally, when a child says something...like when my 9 year old says: ahhhhh crud !!!I think that is borderline swearing...personally, when someone witness high tramau...like say ...mutilation...then they might let out Christs name and/or a few profanities.I think that is borderline normal.But. as it says in the new testament somewhere..."may your words have a salty savor..."____________________________________Good luck with cleaning up your diction/language/adjectives!sincerely, shmity72You guys, not everything that people swears is a sin in itself. There are some words I considered swearing are in the bible like "Bastard(s)" and there's another term for female in today's world "Bitch(es)" (Not in bible though) I hated those words and I still do to this very day... but that is not a sin in itself. Taking the word "God" or "Christ" or "Jesus Christ" when someone clearly talking about something else, other than Lord Jesus Christ and God is a sin... It's breaking one of the Ten Commandments. P-E-R-I-O-D!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Here ya go LGF heres an urban Ditionary of slang words you can learn to use some inplace of cuss words heres some examples1.A Bigawoo A big little person who is rather adorable2.SpootOriginating on the Angry Beavers television show mainly, this is an exclamation of mild annoyance after an event of sometype3.Anti miracle The exact oppisite of a miracle. Guy1: Dude did you hear about that town in Alaska that was buried in that freak avalanche? Guy2: No, thats crazy. Guy1: No, my freind thats a anti miracle4.ZudeSomeone who is a big nerd who plays video games, mainly during parties. Or just a nerd5. A Bag of Hammers Not very smart ..not to be confused with a box of Rocks http://www.urbandictionary.com/browse.php?character=Acaution: there are plenty with x-rated meanings so pick carefully