Take your rest

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1517128684106-576x1024.jpg

Trouble sleeping? Meditate on these words, read them aloud. God wants us to sleep well.

Matthew 26:45 KJVS
Then cometh he to his disciples, and saith unto them, Sleep on now, and take your rest: behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.

Even at the point of death Jesus said "take your rest". He was completely sincere. If it had been me saying that after thinking the disciples would help, those words would have been steeped in cynicism. But Jesus still took care for their rest. Amazing love.

Reactions: Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Frank, i'm pretty sure He was chastising them for resting there bro

45Then He came to the disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the time is near. The Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of sinners.

might wanna pick a better passage for that wadr

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gee, Frank, looking at copy and paste like that are like Neon to me I need Sun glasses.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Age brings sleeping trouble sometimes and many younger have problems with sleeping. Reading the Bible aloud always helps. I've listened to worship music on my phone and drifted off.

Psalm 132:3-5 KJVS
Surely I will not come into the tabernacle of my house, nor go up into my bed;
[4] I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids,
[5] Until I find out a place for the Lord , an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.

Reactions: Triumph1300

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some times I take a sleeping pill.
That works too.

My doctor prescribed a pill for me but I freed myself from it after a few days struggle. It was good to be free from dependency on a sleeping pill. When I decided to shake that pill the Lord gave me a dream. It was night and as I walked a bulldog like animal was grabbing my foot and attacking me. After awhile I kicked the heck out of it and it left.

I knew that Jesus was telling me it was a good thing to kick that sleeping pill habit. If I can't sleep I just get up and read or watch a movie. Hope you all sleep well.

I awoke with a headache this morning and may lie back down till it passes

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I don't take sleeping pills very often and when I do I cut it in half.
Yes, worship music works. I do the same thing.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
blue-blockers work well, too. And i guess exposing oneself to monitors or tv or other "blue" light before bed is prolly anathema to sleep
even fluorescents, etc