Tares Reveal Themselves by what they DON’T Say...And They Are With us Here .How to Identify Them...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
suggesting that I am legalistic when I follow
I didn't mean to suggest anything about you, only to express my understanding of a legalistic mindset.

There is some discussion about what legalism really is - and it's true, that word doesn't appear in the Bible - and this is my understanding, and the bottom of it all.

I think the Biblical term is "fallen from grace", that is, having left the "free gift", in favor of "I must".

I'll take a clue and try to mind my words so as to not offend!

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't cherry pick Scripture.

You know that none of these mean what you are saying it your interpretation contradicts other Scriptures, of which there are many which tell us that those, well, even just one, such as Colossians 3, that those who have been raised with Christ will appear with Him in glory. Or many others I've posted before.

You can put up verses that you purport to show this passage isn't true as stated, but you are just using Scripture against Scritpure.

I could go through your entire list showing how none of them teach the born again can die again, although you challenge me to "try reading the Bible".

Having it read to you is a great thing too!

This afternoon, I've listened to Ecclesiastes, then started in 1 Thess, it's gone to Hebrews so far, I think I'll have time to get into Peter. It's a great way to get more Bible!

Everything must be able to harmonize.

Much love!

Just like BB you put yourself above God. And deny a large portion of the scriptures....and for what....to justify sinning. All that effort and what do you think the conversion you will have with Christ on Judgment Day will be like. When He gives you these scriptures, are you going to deny them and call Him a legalist. How do you think that is going to go....and you worked so hard at it. You many not believe in works...but you sure are working hard to go to hell...at least you will be able to say you earned it!

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like BB you put yourself above God. And deny a large portion of the scriptures....and for what....to justify sinning. All that effort and what do you think the conversion you will have with Christ on Judgment Day will be like. When He gives you these scriptures, are you going to deny them and call Him a legalist. How do you think that is going to go....and you worked so hard at it. You many not believe in works...but you sure are working hard to go to hell...at least you will be able to say you earned it!
Break time . . .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't mean to suggest anything about you, only to express my understanding of a legalistic mindset.
There is no one here that is a legalist...you are arguing with a phantom. Because someone quotes the Bible, that is not legalism, that is truth...there is not a legalist section of the Bible. It is all truth. Try some!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
just too be safe,I’ ll go with “ Nothing But The Blood” for my Salvation....
Everybody knows salvation is by believing God has forgiven your sins, apart from the merit of doing righteous work. You're just preaching to the choir. It's a great message but we all know that message. Now it's time to grow up and start eating the meat of mature believers—the teachings about distinguishing evil from good and living for God in this salvation we have received. Very few Christians know about that message, and they think they don't have to, thinking that would be 'works' if they did think about it.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I call those that “ADD” to the Gospel of Grace “ Fallen From Grace”..... just like Paul did......

I don’t think that entails Damnation.....some disagree with that assessment
Correct, adding to the gospel of grace is falling from grace. And so is changing the gospel of grace. But telling people dead faith won't save them is neither of those. You seem to only be able to hear it that way, though.

If you persist in a fallen state and you refuse any and all attempts by God to bring you back you will in fact be damned. How he treats each person in those particular circumstances is specific to that individual. But that does not change the fact that the fallen person living in sin in unbelief will in fact go to the lake of fire not into the kingdom of God if they do not repent. The sinner at Corinth had to repent in order for him to be saved when Jesus comes back. That is crystal clear in the passage. He is doomed unless he repents.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be my contention that you are mistaken, “ going out the Gate”....

The only “ responsibility” a man has to God is to “ Believe” the Gospel ( not just anything that “ sounds” Holy—- it is Specific— 1Cor15:1-4 )

Of course, as in the case of Lydia, “the Seller Of Purple”, God has to “ open your heart” to the reception of that Gospel......

If you mean by that “ Repenting Of Sins”, a person must Stop Sinning” in order to be made “ for Heaven”......well, that ain’t gonna happen.....did you remember to “ pluck out your eye” the last time it caused you to sin? Have you sold all of your belongings to give to the poor? I though not— and the list goes on....

This side of Heaven, no man with a Body Of Flesh will obtain the life of “ Sinless Perfection” that he strives for because he sadly and mistakenly thinks that the “ Sermon on the Mount” was the System for ...... the Gospel Of Paul, given to him by Jesus personally is the “ System” this Side Of The Cross.....we Believe it “ unto Salvation”

Trying and failing to keep The 613 Commandments ( not just 10), or trying to obey the Impossible Standards set by the Sermon on the Mount ( which was the Ten Commandments on STEROIDS!) was not God's System to get anybody Saved.....it was HIS WAY to get you to give up on all attempts to become Fit For Heaven other than throwing yourself upon His Mercy and Grace and “ Turning to Him (the only type of “ Repentance” that plays a part in Salvation) as a Lost Sinner , and putting your Faith in Jesus Christ...... God says that if you will simply do “ that”......He will “ Save you to the UTTERMOST!”——- that’s good enough fo me!
Even if one “ could” eradicate all of the sin from their lives, where would that leave a person? They would become keepers of the Law...”and by the Keeping of the Law , NO FLESH shall be JUSTIFIED!”

I suggest we all get “ Justified” ( viewed by God as if we had never sinned) by doing ONE THING that we should KNOW will GET a guy Justified .......check out the evil Tax Collector ( Luke 18:9) what did he do ? With a Contrite Heart ( you got that Yet by listening to the Sermon on the Mount and getting your Heart Convicted by the Holy Spirit?) he cried out , “ Lord, have Mercy on me a Sinner!” Jesus said that man was” Justified”......it worked for the Publican.....it worked for me...... it will work for you.....

The important “ Take-Away” from all of this is that we don't have to “ clean ourselves up “ and invite Jesus in to get Saved.....We Invite Him “ IN” , and “ HE” does the cleaning.....Will you Trust Him to do that? THAT is Faith. Give God the Trust He Desires and in turn, He will give you EVERYTHiNG ! “ Turn to Me ( repentance That Saves) and I will Turn to You......it’s just that simple..... God bless....
Anybody need anything??? a pop... a bag of chips... I have gum too...
Anybody need anything??? a pop... a bag of chips... I have gum too...
Read on... I left snacks... LOL
You've never been able to launch a refutation of what was explained to you. You just keep going with what you've always thought about it and just ignore what gets shown to you about it.

.....said the Pot to the kettle....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what will continually handicap you. This is the core of legalistic mindset. It's up to you to make your thoughts and deeds acceptable to God lest He throw you away.
No, really. You can not go back to being an unbeliever and still be saved. Really. ↓↓↓

By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. 1 Corinthians 15:2

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your claim that "faith is not a work", you make it your work when it becomes the labor you must perform to get that paycheck.

Call it what you want, talk in all the circles you want, but you give yourself credit for having kept yourself in the faith, and thus earned your salvation. You did it! YAY!!
Paul says there is no boast in having faith.......

Where, then, is boasting? It is excluded. On what principle? On that of works? No, but on that of faith. Romans 3:27

Why don't you believe him?

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, really. You can not go back to being an unbeliever and still be saved. Really. ↓↓↓

By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. 1 Corinthians 15:2
Yeah, so what I'm saying is, you've transfered, in your mind, the responsibility for remaining "saved", whatever that really must mean to you I don't know, but you've made your salvation to be on you to maintain.

So in this viewpoint, it's not God's place to say that no one can take you from His hand, because you think you can. And if you don't remove yourself from His hand, this shows you were able to maintian, or, you were able to hold tightly to the word, not letting go, YAY! You DID IT!!

You kept yourself in His hand!

But that's not what being saved is. It's an actual rescue. Not like a life ring that if you can keep a good grip on it, eventually you'll be pulled onto the ship. Salvation is just that, a rescue. The safety net doesn't break.

Much love!

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've received Him as a gift, and He has promised, He will NEVER leave me, nor forsake me. Never!!! Ever Ever!
That's a good reason to keep believing in such a great salvation and not discard it in unbelief. This promise is for believers, not for believers who stop believing and deny him and go back to unbelief.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, literally. You've never even tried to refute us showing you that 2 Timothy 2:13 does not mean you can go back to unbelief and still be saved.
"go back to unbelief", that's fiction.

If you've been raised with Him, you WILL appear with Him in glory.

Do you not believe that? Or do you have to change it before you believe it?

(Colossians 3:1-3)

Much love!

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, I know you've posted 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 a couple of times, but honestly, I don't recall you ever posting anything else. Not even a reference.

You did not look closely enough....regardless , forget the smear you are trying to apply....just tell me what you want....Ill provide it....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a good reason to keep believing in such a great salvation and not discard it in unbelief. The promise is for believers, not for believers who stop believing and deny him and go back to unbelief.
Are you hearing yourself?

He has promised, He will never leave me nor forsake me.

Do you tack on your caveats? That promise is for me! And He'll NEVER leave me.

You're caveats are nothing more than that. Your caveats.

If you've been raised with Him, you will appear with Him in glory, but you don't seem to believe that either.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You did not look closely enough....regardless , forget the smear you are trying to apply....just tell me what you want....Ill provide it....
Silliness!!

So much more interesting to have legitimate discussion. All the ad hominems are such time wasters!

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Works...so misunderstood
In the biblical era and for the first 400 years of Christianity...works as in doing what we are told to do in the salvation process...ie believe, repent, baptism, communion was not a debatable issue. This type of works was not a foul word for Christians, Christians did what they were told to do by Christ and the Apostle. You will see no one in the Bible debating what baptism does or if you need to do it or not. You will see no one in the Bible debating if you need to do communion or not. The early Christians had no issues with any of this nor did the Early Church Fathers...

The distain for works is due to the Protestant reform where what Paul said, became a battle cry....justified by faith apart from works....This has nothing to do with what Christ and the Apostles told us to do. Acts 2:38 etc...absolutely nothing...it is one of the great misunderstanding that the Protestants took to heart

What caused all this is that the Catholic Church decided that they had authority over salvation. They could give it or deny it. Things you had to do for it and disobedience to Papel bulls could deny you salvation and heaven. Martin Luther rightly took exception to this when he posted his 95 Theses on the door of the castle Church in Wittenberg, Germany on October 31, 1517. There was a great deal of animosity about the Catholic church's assertion that it had authority over salvation and "what you had to do" to get it...and also there was also issues with corruption and atrocities and some of the Catholics and Protestants went to war with each other.

This whole thing where people say and post that we are saved by faith, not by works....is all about soap box holier than thou stuff because they are preaching to the choir. People on this forum do not believe they are saved by works. But the negative intensity and focus on works is misdirected due to a long standing misunderstanding. Belief, repentance, baptism, and communion are not a violation of faith...They are what Christ and Apostles told us to do. Good Deeds do not save us, but as James said, what good is faith without Good Deeds?

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why don't you? That's what I'm getting at.

I assume people know their Bibles or they would not be in here....if I type something about the Bible in a Post, maybe I give people too much credit,but I figure they know the verse just as well as I do and it’s not necessary to give the Chapter and verse......I usually give chapter and verse if I am quoting an obscure Scripture like “All things are Lawful” or you are ordered to “give money to the-man that gave you the Gospel”.....want Chapter and verse for those? I can get them.....