Tares Reveal Themselves by what they DON’T Say...And They Are With us Here .How to Identify Them...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The important “ Take-Away” from all of this is that we don't have to “ clean ourselves up “ and invite Jesus in to get Saved.....We Invite Him “ IN” , and “ HE” does the cleaning.....Will you Trust Him to do that? THAT is Faith. Give God the Trust He Desires and in turn, He will give you EVERYTHiNG ! “ Turn to Me ( repentance That Saves) and I will Turn to You......it’s just that simple..... God bless....
WHY is this SO hard for some to understand???????? There is such freedom and comfort in this.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyways... I still have not decided what I am going to do.... or how I could be of service to this place... in a way that would actually mean something... I am in communication with a few people and I have been encouraging them. I like your idea.

Your simple “ encouragement” is worth Way more than you know....you are similar to Aaron and Hur, who helped the Battle Leader, Moses defeat the Amelekites by holding up his arms during a great Battle ( Exodus 17:11)....... you have been a blessing to me and I am indebted to you .....God will bless you for your help in Standing up for Paul's True Gospel Of Grace....

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Your simple “ encouragement” is worth Way more than you know....you are similar to Aaron and Hur, who helped the Battle Leader, Moses defeat the Amelekites by holding up his arms during a great Battle ( Exodus 17:11)....... you have been a blessing to me and I am indebted to you .....God will bless you for your help in Standing up for Paul's True Gospel Of Grace....
Read on... I left snacks... LOL

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, that is not the definition of legalism. If it is, Paul is telling us to be legalistic....

“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord must turn away from iniquity.” 2 Timothy 2:19

True.....because if they do NOT turn from Sin, they will get Chastised , even to the point of Death....they don’t lose their Salvation if they have ever+been Believers...

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True.....because if they do NOT turn from Sin, they will get Chastised , even to the point of Death....they don’t lose their Salvation if they have ever+been Believers...
If salvation is not the issue here, why does Paul say he is to be turned over to satan "so that his spirit may (as in 'might') be saved on the day of the Lord" 1 Corinthians 5:5? See, not only is this a salvation issue, but it's not even certain that turning him over to satan will make it so he is saved when Jesus comes back. We are to turn disobedient people in the church living in sin over to satan in the hope that their flesh will be crucified and they will be brought to repentance in preparation for the appearing of Christ. Because they won't be saved if that doesn't happen. That's why they get turned over. There's nothing osas about the passage.

Reactions: amadeus

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only if they mean that what they have that you must have actually makes a person righteous. That point is a defining characteristic of the legalist. You really need to reevaluate your thinking about what constitutes a legalist. Bearing fruit and inspecting fruit, and saying you must not have dead faith is not the definition of a self righteous legalist.

The man that goes beyond NOTHING but the Blood ?

The man that says , “ Jesus Saves, BUT!”

Those men are Legalists to one degree or the other....

None of the things that you mentioned play into my beliefs about Legalists....
“ bearing Fruit “ , etc are all good things .....

The Old Legalist said, “ Jesus Saves, But only if you get Circumcised ”.....The New Legalist says “ Jesus Saves, But ya gotta Repent Of all of your sins before you die or you go to Hell, or you MUST be baptized, or you must NEVER Sin on purpose because the Blood does not cover it or you must now keep all of the Commandments, etc.....

Anybody that says that simply BELIEVING the Gospel Of 1 Cor 15:1-4 is not enough ON ITS OWN to get one Saved is a Legalist, Fallen from Grace.....

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only “ responsibility” a man has to God is to “ Believe” the Gospel ( not just anything that “ sounds” Holy—- it is Specific— 1Cor15:1-4 )
Although I understand the gist of your post and agree with it (no one stops sinning in order to earn salvation), there is still the obligation and responsibility of walking in the Spirit as a new creation in Christ.

Therefore, brothers and sisters, we have an obligation—but it is not to the flesh, to live according to it. Romans 8:12

I know that sounds like a works gospel to you. But this doesn't mean as Christians we keep our salvation as an earned wage for obeying God. It means we have to keep on believing in God and not go back to our old lives of sin in unbelief. By virtue of being new creations who have faith in God we are obligated to act like the new creations we have become. To reject that responsibility is to reject the transforming forgiveness we have received in Christ.

Reactions: justbyfaith

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The New Legalist says “ Jesus Saves, But ya gotta Repent Of all of your sins before you die or you go to Hell, or you MUST be baptized, or you must NEVER Sin on purpose because the Blood does not cover it or you must now keep all of the Commandments, etc.....
Your problem is you can only understand the Christian's obligation to not sin as a works gospel. You seem completely incapable of understanding it as 'you can't go back to your old life of sin because that is a rejection of the blood of Christ that saves you'. I don't know if jbf means it that way, but what I said is the correct way to understand the necessity of the Christian to turn away from his old life or else not be saved when Jesus comes back. It has NOTHING to do with your repentance earning your salvation and deliverance from the eternal penalty of sin. The man at Corinth had to repent of his sin so that he can be saved when Jesus comes back. And I'm quite confident Paul was NOT teaching a legalistic works gospel. You're just hearing it that way.

Reactions: Grailhunter

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good answer, but truthfully, the passage doesn't tell us if he was really a brother or not.
Number one Paul is talking about taking action against someone....his authority.
Number two the discussion occurs in a letter to a church.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would be my contention that you are mistaken, “ going out the Gate”....

The only “ responsibility” a man has to God is to “ Believe” the Gospel ( not just anything that “ sounds” Holy—- it is Specific— 1Cor15:1-4 )

Of course, as in the case of Lydia, “the Seller Of Purple”, God has to “ open your heart” to the reception of that Gospel......

If you mean by that “ Repenting Of Sins”, a person must Stop Sinning” in order to be made “ for Heaven”......well, that ain’t gonna happen.....did you remember to “ pluck out your eye” the last time it caused you to sin? Have you sold all of your belongings to give to the poor? I though not— and the list goes on....

This side of Heaven, no man with a Body Of Flesh will obtain the life of “ Sinless Perfection” that he strives for because he sadly and mistakenly thinks that the “ Sermon on the Mount” was the System for ...... the Gospel Of Paul, given to him by Jesus personally is the “ System” this Side Of The Cross.....we Believe it “ unto Salvation”

Trying and failing to keep The 613 Commandments ( not just 10), or trying to obey the Impossible Standards set by the Sermon on the Mount ( which was the Ten Commandments on STEROIDS!) was not God's System to get anybody Saved.....it was HIS WAY to get you to give up on all attempts to become Fit For Heaven other than throwing yourself upon His Mercy and Grace and “ Turning to Him (the only type of “ Repentance” that plays a part in Salvation) as a Lost Sinner , and putting your Faith in Jesus Christ...... God says that if you will simply do “ that”......He will “ Save you to the UTTERMOST!”——- that’s good enough fo me!
Even if one “ could” eradicate all of the sin from their lives, where would that leave a person? They would become keepers of the Law...”and by the Keeping of the Law , NO FLESH shall be JUSTIFIED!”

I suggest we all get “ Justified” ( viewed by God as if we had never sinned) by doing ONE THING that we should KNOW will GET a guy Justified .......check out the evil Tax Collector ( Luke 18:9) what did he do ? With a Contrite Heart ( you got that Yet by listening to the Sermon on the Mount and getting your Heart Convicted by the Holy Spirit?) he cried out , “ Lord, have Mercy on me a Sinner!” Jesus said that man was” Justified”......it worked for the Publican.....it worked for me...... it will work for you.....

The important “ Take-Away” from all of this is that we don't have to “ clean ourselves up “ and invite Jesus in to get Saved.....We Invite Him “ IN” , and “ HE” does the cleaning.....Will you Trust Him to do that? THAT is Faith. Give God the Trust He Desires and in turn, He will give you EVERYTHiNG ! “ Turn to Me ( repentance That Saves) and I will Turn to You......it’s just that simple..... God bless....

Soup sandwich...as in messed up as!

Last edited:

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
or you must NEVER Sin on purpose because the Blood does not cover it
Not being saved because you went back to unbelief is not legalism. Going back to unbelief has nothing to do with salvation being earned by righteous works. Going back to unbelief means you no longer have the only sacrifice for sin that exists because you do not believe in the only sacrifice for sin that exists.

By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. 1 Corinthians 15:2

Reactions: amadeus and Wynona

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“ If we are Unfaithful— HE remains Faithful”...

That is 1 Timothy 2:13...

"If we deny Him, He also will deny us." the context in 1 Timothy 1:12.

of course, I could say the same things about myself in regard to my responses to you.....so there ya go.....now what......lol.....

No, that would be a lie. You called my gospel false and perverted when I had not ever leveled such an accusation against you to call you a false teacher in the same manner.

Maybe you do not level these charges against me because they could never “ Hold Water”

I did not level those charges against you before you leveled them against me. But when I did level them against you, they did indeed hold water.

A guy that cheats on his taxes is not “ unfaithful”..

Yes, he is.

This side of Heaven, no man with a Body Of Flesh will obtain the life of “ Sinless Perfection”

1) "sinless perfection" is a misnomer that is often applied to the doctrine of entire sanctification in order to produce a straw man argument that will easily topple it through 1 John 1:8;

While entire sanctification does not teach that sin is eradicated (so that we are without sin and say that we have no sin) but rather that it is rendered dead (Romans 6:6, Galatians 5:24, Romans 7:8) so that it no longer has any say over our behaviour (Romans 6:14).

That "entire sanctification" is obtainable in this life is evident in such scriptures as,

1 Thessalonians 5:23-24 (kjv), Hebrews 10:14 (kjv), 1 John 3:9;

1 John 3:7, 1 John 3:3, 1 John 2:6;

Jude 1:24, 2 Petr 1:10, 1 John 2:10;

1 John 3:6, 1 John 2:17;

Romans 6:6 (kjv), Colossians 2:11 (kjv), (NLT),

Philippians 3:15.
Even if one “ could” eradicate all of the sin from their lives, where would that leave a person? They would become keepers of the Law...”and by the Keeping of the Law , NO FLESH shall be JUSTIFIED!”

"the doers of the law shall be justified" (Romans 2:13) while we are not justified "by" the works of the law (Romans 3:20, Galatians 2:16).

We are justified through faith in Christ; and through that faith we receive the Holy Spirit; and when we bear the fruit of the Spirit, there is no law that will condemn our behaviour (Galatians 5:22-23). Therefore we become law-abiding citizens of the kingdom when we bear the fruit of the Spirit.

But the venue is faith in Jesus Christ rather than attempting to obey a set of do's and don'ts.

We have a righteousness that is apart from the law that is nevertheless attested to by the law and the prophets (Romans 3:21 (nasb)).

The important “ Take-Away” from all of this is that we don't have to “ clean ourselves up “ and invite Jesus in to get Saved.....We Invite Him “ IN” , and “ HE” does the cleaning.....Will you Trust Him to do that? THAT is Faith.

Yes, that is faith...and repentance has to do with being willing for Him to do that work in you.

It is not "turning over a new leaf" or, making a decision that you are going to hunker down and obey the law in the power of the flesh.

It is to "surrender to the Lordship of Jesus Christ" where you receive Jesus into your heart and resolve that you are not going to live your life any more; but you are going to allow Him to live His life in you and through you (Galatians 2:20, Matthew 16:25).

When you are living your own life, it is going to be a life of sin that is lived out in your life. But if it is Christ living His life in you and through you, it is going to be a life of perfection lived out.

We are to be led of the Spirit (Romans 8:14); we are to walk according to the Spirit rather than the flesh (Romans 8:4).

If we do that, we will live lives of love (Romans 5:5); and love is the bond of perfection (Colossians 3:14).

And the love of the Lord is not impractical (1 John 3:17-18); and is also the fulfilling of the righteousness of the law within us (Romans 13:8-10, Galatians 5:14, 1 John 5:3, 2 John 1:6, Romans 8:4).

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. You think you know the Bible because you listen to people who tell you what the Bible says. That will get you in trouble. As it apparently has in your case. Read the Bible for yourself! Be a Berean!

I have read the Bible many, many times....Certain Books in the Bible I have read probably 50 times....I have listened to hundreds of preachers over the last 40 years and I was a “ Berean” before I even knew what a Berean was.....I don’t care who says what until I check it out for myself....

Some teachers are worse than worthless.....others have taught me many things....I am not so full of myself That I don’t readily admit that there are a Preachers out there ( God’s Gifts, He calls them....why do you reject them?) That are smarter than me , know the Bible better than me ( and you ) and help me “ Properly Divide “ the Scriptures....how about you? Are you guys claiming to know it all and are above being taught “ anything “ by “ anybody”......I’ve found that I can learn a little from almost anybody out there....of course it takes a little humility...