Ted Haggard

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just watched an HBO documentary on Ted Haggard. It was painful to watch. Here is a man who has struggled with homosexuality all of his life - he did what he was supposed to do by getting married and pursuing God. After his fall - an episode in his life that he admits is his fault and blatantly sinful - he spends a year struggling to live and provide for his family; a process made almost impossible by the news coverage that dogs him. His church and friends abandon him, yet his faith remains strong. It is a free video and worth the watch.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what you don't know is that I am right here in CO --and I love him.
I was with a girlfriend tonight that sees him every Sunday.

Small world.

:)

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
Interesting thread Aspen. It is sad to see another human go through something like this, it is the harsh reality of our God. He lied to the people and stole their money for sinful practices and he is now paying for that mistake with some of these curses. I guess the bottom line is don't purposely decieve the people in Gods name.

And what you don't know is that I am right here in CO --and I love him.
I was with a girlfriend tonight that sees him every Sunday.

Small world.

:)

Wow you have actually met this guy Hepburn ? What was he like ?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interesting thread Aspen. It is sad to see another human go through something like this, it is the harsh reality of our God. He lied to the people and stole their money for sinful practices and he is now paying for that mistake with some of these curses. I guess the bottom line is don't purposely decieve the people in Gods name.

Wow you have actually met this guy Hepburn ? What was he like ?

And yet we are all sinners. Maybe that is why we can feel empathy for him because if our sins were broadcast on TV, we might have to pay for them publically, as well. The whole situation just seems brutal to me - especially when the leaders of the very church he started shunned him.

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
And yet we are all sinners. Maybe that is why we can feel empathy for him because if our sins were broadcast on TV, we might have to pay for them publically, as well. The whole situation just seems brutal to me - especially when the leaders of the very church he started shunned him.

Did he actually start that church ? I had never heard that.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
I've seen that kind of stuff go down... at one place this pastor committed adultery and they removed him from his position... the dude repented and worked everything out with his wife and they forgave each other and they tried to restore him to pastor... so they brought him back and after his first service all these people in the congregation threatened to leave if they restored the guy back as pastor... kind of pissed me off...

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Tis what the Christian religious system is all about.
sad.gif

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Makes me think of Jimmy Swaggert.

He was involved regulary with a prostitute. Denied it. Investigation showed he lied.

He gave a tearful apology and stepped away from the pulpit. Very quickly he felt he was ready to come back.

The leaders of the denomination he was affiliated with said 'not yet.'

He ignored them. Went back to the pulpit. Caught in sin again.

You now see him late at night in front of a small group, a shell of the man he was.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guy's... Thus the trials of this the Laodicean church age. Have you not experienced trials? Get ready for it!

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent. - Rev 3:19

To be a spiritual diamond in a setting of gold you will need all that chaff burned off you!

http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/13598-the-seven-church-ages-per-gods-word/