Tell me what is loveable about such a God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
All things are easy for God. He can rescue a soul from any place including hell...he can restrain all demons

But why should God put up with the demons forever and those humans who hate him? He has a right to issue an ultimatum, and have a bit of rest.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am for punishment fitting the crime....if a person doesn't believe in an invisible entity, that doesn't mean they should be tormented forever, and ever, and ever, and ever for trillions of years
ha then just stop listening to believers on Scripture lol, that is no where in the Bible anyway, except in believer's evil desires.
Reflected in "how long oh Lord, will we wait for vengeance?" etc.

Reactions: Trump0101

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
They can't worship something they think "simply" does not exist.
They are not rejecting a Being...they can't reject anything that is non-existent, see

You put it correctly, in that because they have not examined the evidence for God, they believe there is no God.
This is a choice on their part.

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But why should God put up with the demons forever and those humans who hate him? He has a right to issue an ultimatum, and have a bit of rest.
That doesn't mean he wills their eternal torment... also, I'm guessing most unbelievers don't hate God, they just don't know he exists or cares about them

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That doesn't mean he wills their eternal torment... also, I'm guessing most unbelievers don't hate God, they just don't know he exists or cares about them

You need to do better than 'guess' about what motivates people.

Have you ever read John chapter 3.
Everyone knows the bit God so loved the world and on to those who believe are not condemned.
But keep reading as Jesus goes on to say that those who do not believe in him are condemned already.
What did John say about light and darkness, that they loved the darkness because their deeds where evil.
Not believing in Jesus because they love their evil deeds.

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to do better than 'guess' about what motivates people.

Have you ever read John chapter 3.
Everyone knows the bit God so loved the world and on to those who believe are not condemned.
But keep reading as Jesus goes on to say that those who do not believe in him are condemned already.
What did John say about light and darkness, that they loved the darkness because their deeds where evil.
Not believing in Jesus because they love their evil deeds.
I don't think Muslims and Hindus and non-christians know they are living a lie... I think Muhammad really believed he was a prophet from God and many people really believe that and are brainwashed into thinking that... They are not at fault.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am for punishment fitting the crime....if a person doesn't believe in an invisible entity, that doesn't mean they should be tormented forever, and ever, and ever, and ever for trillions of years

It's longer than that...

B

Butterfly

And if God decided your son should be tortured forever for not believing in him, you could love such a God?
If you read my post you would see that I stated I am unsure of the teaching of hell, accept for an eternal punishment for Satan ect. I also said that I believe in a just God. Of course I would not, do not want my son to be in such a place.
So what are your views on the Old Testament and the many times God brought judgements on people !?
Butterfly

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I don't think Muslims and Hindus and non-christians know they are living a lie
many will be deceived, even the elect, if that were possible
i don't think most Christians do, either
I think Muhammad really believed he was a prophet from God and many people really believe that and are brainwashed into thinking that... They are not at fault.
do you have some reason to suspect Muhammad? Other than Islamophobia, i mean? Bc judging by the fruit, what might you have done with a raging RCC misrepresenting the Bible every day, other than to counsel people that they should "follow Christ, or be doomed" as Muhammad does?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
It's longer than that...
in your mind, anyway, yes. it is also non existent. both are true, from a perspective, and your perspective reveals your premise. Samuel did not tell Saul "you and your sons will be here with me" in vain, see. All go to the same place. The dead know nothing. The kingdom of heaven is right beside you.

There is no torture in any imagined afterlife, except maybe for those who dig pits for others to fall into
many will be deceived; even the elect...

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
many will be deceived, even the elect, if that were possible
i don't think most Christians do, either

do you have some reason to suspect Muhammad? Other than Islamophobia, i mean? Bc judging by the fruit, what might you have done with a raging RCC misrepresenting the Bible every day, other than to counsel people that they should "follow Christ, or be doomed" as Muhammad does?

Well, Muhammad was a false prophet. The only proof you should need is his denial that Jesus is the son of God.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well, Muhammad was a false prophet. The only proof you should need is his denial that Jesus is the son of God.
rather than interpret that through our Christian understanding, i would much counsel that one understand that this was written as the RCC was Enshrining Christ in Crowns and Offices that He already turned down, and does not occupy, ok. I mean believe what you like, but Muhammad counseled his followers to follow Christ or be doomed, and that should be all you need, unless you are a Jesus Worshipper, in which case i understand

but the point is you hear that differently than it was meant, and Muhammad is not trying to deny following Christ

he was fighting a raging monster of voracious white trash with crowns on their own heads,
and maggot-armies of faithful murderers bent on obeying some psychopath with a title
pretty much like what is going on right now lol, hmm

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for being so transparent. Your misunderstanding is showing and that is very helpful. Your conclusion is not unreasonable, and perhaps even good, that is, if how you are seeing things were accurate. But it's not.

First of all, let me apologize for the way I have treated you. It was on purpose...that purpose being to let you understand the circumstances with the force of gravity that occurs when one takes a fall. That is what we are talking about. The point is, we are in no position to have the feeling you are expressing. We in affect have committed suicide against Gods wishes...and now you are asking to have some live who voluntarily took the plunge and don't even want a do-over...but you fill sorry for them, and you would like to blame it on God when He didn't do it to them and they did it to themselves.

So...that is the reality of it.

But that is not all. That's only part. The other part, which most do not know of and do not realize at this point in the chronology of things, is that this is just a written account of what is real and only manifest by the light and miracles and "images" of God for the sake of revelation - it's not real. "It is [only] written." It's all you know, but it is not real. What is real, is what this is an "image" and revelation of - which is what has already occurred "before the foundation of the world" "in the twinkling of an eye." Before the foundation of the world, we all had "freewill" to choose, and we did - it was our choice, and those who will suffer, chose suffering instead of love. You, obviously chose love. But many did not. The "good news" is that what happens here during this enactment of what is written of that moment in the twinkling of and eye when we exercised our God given freewill...is retroactive - one can literally change their mind. Isn't God good and gracious!

So, if you want those who chose death and suffering over life everlasting and love, not to suffer - tell them...as I have told you.

Incidentally... The reason that God is an "invisible entity" to you...is because you are a character written into the story of God. History is His story. It is a closed book, and will be opened once it has been read (revealed) to all generations. Meanwhile, if you want to rewrite it - rewrite it...before He opens it and it's too late.

Last edited:

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
rather than interpret that through our Christian understanding, i would much counsel that one understand that this was written as the RCC was Enshrining Christ in Crowns and Offices that He already turned down, and does not occupy, ok. I mean believe what you like, but Muhammad counseled his followers to follow Christ or be doomed, and that should be all you need, unless you are a Jesus Worshipper, in which case i understand

but the point is you hear that differently than it was meant, and Muhammad is not trying to deny following Christ

he was fighting a raging monster of voracious white trash with crowns on their own heads,
and maggot-armies of faithful murderers bent on obeying some psychopath with a title
pretty much like what is going on right now lol, hmm

Jesus being the son of God is one of those critcally important points that helps us deturmine the spirit behind the person. 1 John 4:15

People acknowledge Jesus was good, and set a good example. But that isn't enough to save them.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that God would burn someone in hell forever for simply not believing in him? I'm amazed at how many Christians and Muslims actually believe that.

It is such a ridiculous and depressing belief, I can't fathom why anyone would love a God who would do that. Fearing such a God would make sense, but loving such a God seems sick to me.

Would you mind telling me what is so horrible about not believing in an invisible entity, that it merits eternal agony?

Eternal suffering for not believing in someone who is invisible and hides himself? Are you kidding? Such a belief is so strangely prevalent. Why?

Please explain what is loveable about such a God.
first off i want to say that it is sad that you guys cannot answer such a simple question. you all make it sound like God is unfeeling and chooses to save only His chosen ones. it is not true. God want none to suffer. He want everyone to be saved but ultimately it is our choice.

trump first lets talk about what is lovable able a God that that tortures people. God does not choose who is tortured. according to the bible all have sinned and thus deserve eternal damnation. but God in His mercy and grace offered us a way to save us from eternal damnation(or eternal torture) by sacrificing His Son for us which allowed Jesus to take all the sins of the wold upon Himself. you all probably know this already. God though will not take away our freedom of choice/freewill. so from the moment of our first sinning we deserve eternal damnation and until we choose Jesus as our Lord and Savior we are all headed to eternal damnation. God gave us a way out. this is why so many christians are out spreading the news of the gospel with everyone so they don't end up in hell tortured forever.

second christianity without the supernatural is no different than any other cult or religion. what miss hepburn said in post 30 is the belief of many nonbelievers. everyone claims how great there beliefs are and how their religion or cult is better than another(science can be another type of religion). most of the time christians go out into the world and try and convert the masses hoping maybe 10% would actually give their lives to Christ when what we should be doing is going after the one. i don't know if you guys know what a spiritual treasure hunt is but every spiritual treasure hunts whether a person becomes saved or not makes an impact on the individual. being able to also walk up to a person and tell them things that no-one would know makes a huge impact on a person's life. being healed of a disease or injury that cannot be healed by medical science makes a person question their beliefs. seeing the impossible done like walking on the water will open a person's mind. i have found out that even if after an unbeliever encounters the supernatural just the expression of joy, surprise, and ect on their faces gives me such feeling of accomplishment that God was able to use me to touch another person's life. even if they do not get saved at that time it still impacts that person greatly. the number of people that need a touch of the supernatural is a staggering amount but the question is where are the harvesters(the people willing to go out and do God's will) that will heal, cast out devil, and ect. the Word all believers and not just those that are gifted in that area.

God bless

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus being the son of God is one of those critcally important points that helps us deturmine the spirit behind the person. 1 John 4:15

People acknowledge Jesus was good, and set a good example. But that isn't enough to save them.
...in your opinion, granted

Little children, let no one deceive you! The one who does what is right is righteous, just as He is righteous.

Trump0101

Jan 7, 2018
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you read my post you would see that I stated I am unsure of the teaching of hell, accept for an eternal punishment for Satan ect. I also said that I believe in a just God. Of course I would not, do not want my son to be in such a place.
So what are your views on the Old Testament and the many times God brought judgements on people !?
Butterfly
God killed people in the Old Testament, but he did it quickly, there was no torturing the people for ever...

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God killed people in the Old Testament, but he did it quickly, there was no torturing the people for ever...
Even so and God has never changed if we can understand what that means. Death means death. As @bbyrd009 already reminded us, "the dead know nothing":

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten." Ecc 9:5

Man in his carnal state can be, and often is, without mercy. God is not like that when we really get to be like Him, if we ever do, neither will we.

This is why vengeance belongs to God.

"Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." Rom 12:19

He knows that if we do have mercy toward the guilty it is a limited mercy. Perhaps the most merciful thing for someone like God to do is to simply let the evil ones die finally and completely:

"For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?" Psalm 6:5

"But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the LORD shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away." Psalm 37:20

Reactions: bbyrd009