Tell me what is loveable about such a God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, i guess a poll here would tell you that, or your fruit would too, only we are not really privvy to it, but chiefly imo your lack of Scriptural support for any of your central points is a killer, i guess
Interesting choice of words. Freudian slip? Does that mean you intend on joining those who "killed" the prophets?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Interesting choice of words. Freudian slip? Does that mean you intend on joining those who "killed" the prophets?
ah well, see the diff is that they had Scripture on their side, which you might too, dunno, only i have not seen It yet, and none is coming to mind. Imo the Abarim guy, is your best shot there, as you talk similarly on many points, even if he embraces earth where it seems you have left it already, so to speak

Sorry, i'm not getting where the ref to "Freudian slip" should be applied

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah well, see the diff is that they had Scripture on their side, which you might too, dunno, only i have not seen It yet, and none is coming to mind. Imo the Abarim guy, is your best shot there, as you talk similarly on many points, even if he embraces earth where it seems you have left it already, so to speak

Sorry, i'm not getting where the ref to "Freudian slip" should be applied
"Killer" was your word from #140. Apropos for the idea that the prophets that Israel killed were sent by God: one man, declaring the truth, no board of regents, just a voice of one crying in the wilderness.

Meanwhile, you stay within the object of the Abarim parable. Do you not realize that whichever Jordan you cross, determines just what promise it brings?

But I am not here to convince you. Whatever you choose, that will be the outcome.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
"Killer" was your word from #140. Apropos for the idea that the prophets that Israel killed were sent by God: one man, declaring the truth
oh, ha very cute, ya, i get it now.
so we're back to that truth thing, see, and we know how to establish truth now, right, and you have already been forgiven, but what you don't have is a Canon to prophesy into, and nor are you channelling any prophecy that we can read from Scripture, see, except possibly "strong delusion" wadr. Does any other Scripture come to mind to associate with your doctrine better? Trust me i wish (pray) another v would float to the top here ok.

I invoke the Abarim guy mostly for you tbh, as a model of one seeking Witnesses, Scott. I am trying to understand your doctrine, not misunderstand it, but i cannot recall a single Scripture use by you that even makes any sense to me, which i agree is not the standard ok, but i hope you see my position here--i am a guy who has just met some other guy who seems quite compatible--no homo--only we meet in the spirit realm, see, and i must...i feel compelled to want to justify my new spirit friend to my peers IRL, something like that, but every time i try to agree on some mutual language with him, we get further away.

not the best analogy, as i stopped verbally justifying myself at like 12, really we are talking about testing spirits here, right.
you are a likeable guy ok, but for your doctrine to proceed along the path you have put it on, i basically need to see some like Walking on Water from you, to go with your assertions, see. Which don't get me wrong i am not looking for that with two eyes, but one ok, and i already have some evidence for that from you, but not being IRL and so thus not being able to witness any other fruit, being unflappable is just not enough wadr

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
oh, ha very cute, ya, i get it now.
so we're back to that truth thing, see, and we know how to establish truth now, right, and you have already been forgiven, but what you don't have is a Canon to prophesy into, and nor are you channelling any prophecy that we can read from Scripture, see, except possibly "strong delusion" wadr. Does any other Scripture come to mind to associate with your doctrine better? Trust me i wish (pray) another v would float to the top here ok.

I invoke the Abarim guy mostly for you tbh, as a model of one seeking Witnesses, Scott. I am trying to understand your doctrine, not misunderstand it, but i cannot recall a single Scripture use by you that even makes any sense to me, which i agree is not the standard ok, but i hope you see my position here--i am a guy who has just met some other guy who seems quite compatible--no homo--only we meet in the spirit realm, see, and i must...i feel compelled to want to justify my new spirit friend to my peers IRL, something like that, but every time i try to agree on some mutual language with him, we get further away.

not the best analogy, as i stopped verbally justifying myself at like 12, really we are talking about testing spirits here, right.
you are a likeable guy ok, but for your doctrine to proceed along the path you have put it on, i basically need to see some like Walking on Water from you, to go with your assertions, see. Which don't get me wrong i am not looking for that with two eyes, but one ok, and i already have some evidence for that from you, but not being IRL and so thus not being able to witness any other fruit, being unflappable is just not enough wadr
That is not how things work.

We are in the time of God pouring out His spirit upon all flesh and that time of Jesus sending the Holy Spirit to lead the children of God into all truth. Faith says that you expect what was once a dim image to come into full focus. Testing is good, but you have not named the standard to be used and your own standard is wrong. And the means by which God brings new revelations is not how you have outlined it either, or Israel would have been right to kill the prophets and crucify Jesus. But, no, the means has been told to you: "But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills."

Resisting the devil is good, but you resist even that which is from God and therefore you are blinded just as Israel was. You circle in the desert. Nonetheless, God is faithful and His word goes out regardless. As for me, I could no more contain what God has bestowed upon me than the morning can stay itself. But do not look to me to give you what you need to see the other pieces. Look to God...and be prepared to move forward when He sounds.

Reactions: mjrhealth

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
2 Kings 3:11

It is interesting back in the day when kings would surround themselves with prophets and wise men, how did they know a Prophet was of the Lord or not?

The test of the prophet is what they say comes true. But what value would a proven false prophet be to a King? Why even keep them around to consult, unless they were actually spiritists. These spirits would likely lead them astray but concerning trivial matters prove they have knowledge other men do not.

When God speaks his words come to pass, but if another spirit speaks it is merely speculation if it will be true or false.

As for how we can test prophets, as with all matters we need two or three witnesses. So there is the prophet, the prophecy itself, and scripture. If the prophecy comes true that is a witness for the prophet. If it agrees with scripture that is another witness. Prophets would sometimes show up at the right time to give a prophecy relevant to what was being done without their knowledge, that too is a witness.

I wouldn't say a bunch of prophets agreeing is a witness, as a lying spirit can deceive them all simultaneously.

Jesus came with many witnesses. Recall what he said:

“If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true. There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true. “You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved. John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light. “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.
John 31‭-‬38

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
2 Kings 3:11

It is interesting back in the day when kings would surround themselves with prophets and wise men, how did they know a Prophet was of the Lord or not?

The test of the prophet is what they say comes true. But what value would a proven false prophet be to a King? Why even keep them around to consult, unless they were actually spiritists. These spirits would likely lead them astray but concerning trivial matters prove they have knowledge other men do not.

When God speaks his words come to pass, but if another spirit speaks it is merely speculation if it will be true or false.

As for how we can test prophets, as with all matters we need two or three witnesses. So there is the prophet, the prophecy itself, and scripture. If the prophecy comes true that is a witness for the prophet. If it agrees with scripture that is another witness. Prophets would sometimes show up at the right time to give a prophecy relevant to what was being done without their knowledge, that too is a witness.

I wouldn't say a bunch of prophets agreeing is a witness, as a lying spirit can deceive them all simultaneously.

Jesus came with many witnesses. Recall what he said:

“If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true. There is another who testifies in my favor, and I know that his testimony about me is true. “You have sent to John and he has testified to the truth. Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved. John was a lamp that burned and gave light, and you chose for a time to enjoy his light. “I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the works that the Father has given me to finish—the very works that I am doing—testify that the Father has sent me. And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard his voice nor seen his form, nor does his word dwell in you, for you do not believe the one he sent.
John 31‭-‬38
And yet they still had those prophets who prophesied to those with itchy ears, telling them lovely things, afraid to tell the truth.

Reactions: pia

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
TBGH Texas Business Group on Health (Dallas, TX)
TBGH The Big Giant Head
TBGH Tower Bridge Guest House (bed and breakfast; London, England, UK)
TBGH Traumatic Basal Ganglia Hemorrhage (brain bleeding)

Oh such a good one Scott... :D

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
tbh what i think is going on...
I believe he was trying to point out that on one of your posts instead of using tbh [to be honest] you added a "g" [tbgh in post #125] which made it difficult to understand. I also questioned it when I saw it but finally presumed it was a typo on your part.

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
seems like the rest of the sentence made the typo pretty obvious? dunno
Only obvious if you are as familiar with the acronyms as you are. I know some of my own typos when I have gone back and looked at them later have also been confusing to me.

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Only obvious if you are as familiar with the acronyms as you are. I know some of my own typos when I have gone back and looked at them later have also been confusing to me.
hey, if that is the correction i am supposed to get, then i'll take it.
"You're" it is, i guess, and my mistake.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
hey, if that is the correction i am supposed to get, then i'll take it.
"You're" it is, i guess, and my mistake.
See what happens when our flesh takes the lead? Or if it is not our flesh then it may be that God is using our apparent errors to get across some point of His.

Give God the glory!

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that God would burn someone in hell forever for simply not believing in him? I'm amazed at how many Christians and Muslims actually believe that.

Does a dead body feel the pain of burning in a cremation oven?

God is Just. God is Merciful. God is Life.

Nothing has life, until God gives it Life.
When a Life is departed it's Vessel;
The Life returns to God; the Vessel is forever burned.

It is such a ridiculous and depressing belief, I can't fathom why anyone would love a God who would do that. Fearing such a God would make sense, but loving such a God seems sick to me.

You are experiencing Natural Temporary Life.
God offers Supernatural Eternal Life.
No one must accept Gods gift of Eternal Life.
However those that do, shall forever be With
God...and with Eternal Life.
And those who do not, shall forever be Without God..and without Life.

Would you mind telling me what is so horrible about not believing in an invisible entity, that it merits eternal agony?

You can not believe, what you can not see.
One day, you shall see Him, and believe, and know forever you shall be separated from Him forever.
That Agony shall forever be yours.

Eternal suffering for not believing in someone who is invisible and hides himself?

This is your error of understanding.

Are you kidding? Such a belief is so strangely prevalent. Why?

While True, No one can See Him..
He does not Hide;
..His Word, His Truth, His Faithfulness.

Some have chosen to Trust to Believe His Truth and commit to Belief in Him.

His own Faithfulness to Save a mans soul, to Quicken a mans spirit, and Spiritually Dwell "With in" that man (with His own Spirit), is the consequence and effect, He affords FOR such man who Chose to Trust to Believe and Commit unto Him.

It is a highly Supernatural Experience that an unBelieving Natural man does not experience or reap the benefit of a personal relationship with God Himself.

It is via such a personal relationship with God, that men receive the blessings of His Knowledge, His Wisdom and His Understanding.

Please explain what is loveable about such a God.

A loving God that provides every man with needs to sustain his natural life.
A loving God that blesses believers and unbelievers with the beauty of their habitat.
A loving God that provides men a Way to have eternal Life with Him Forever.
A loving God that Prevents an unbeliever from having "eternal Life" while being forever Separated from Him.

Your error, is believing, an unbeliever shall have an eternal Life....pain and torment as a natural person may experience. They Will Not
They are physically Dead.

There is no ouchy, oochie nerves crying out in physical pain, any more that a dead man being cremated.

Their agony and torment shall be experiencing Separation from God and the habitat He provided On Earth, fully knowing, He is True, and they can not become reconciled unto God.

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: amadeus

BEB1956

Apr 16, 2018
Macon
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you believe that God would burn someone in hell forever for simply not believing it him? I'm amazed at how many Christians and Muslims actually believe that.

It is such a ridiculous and depressing belief, I can't fathom why anyone would love a God who would do that. Fearing such a God would make sense, but loving such a God seems sick to me.

Would you mind telling me what is so horrible about not believing in an invisible entity, that it merits eternal agony?

Eternal suffering for not believing in someone who is invisible and hides himself? Are you kidding? Such a belief is so strangely prevalent. Why?

Please explain what is loveable about such a God.

I believe that God simply gives us a choice. To be obedient to God because of our love for him, knowing that whatever he tells us to do or not do is in our best interests because of his love for us, or we can choose not to love him and think that he doesn't love us so we believe that he doesn't have our best interests at heart and go our own way relying on our own efforts regarding life. We choose God way we get eternal life. Choosing our own way is eternal death not torture but eternal nonexistence.

Reactions: amadeus and Taken