Telling the truth is no longer popular, even among many Christians

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in condemning people but I DO believe in telling the truth about sin and sinful lifestyles. Sadly, in the name of being "accepting", many Christians are unwilling to speak or acknowledge truth and will be angry at those that DO tell the truth. We were warned that there would be a great apostasy in the church and we're certainly seeing that. Sad.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We were warned that there would be a great apostasy in the church and we're certainly seeing that.
Truth is being censored, cancelled, suppressed, twisted, expunged, and reviled every day. That is the reality of the world outside. But the attacks on Bible truth within Christendom began in the late 18th and early 19th centuries. And now false teachings abound while the true Gospel is neglected or changed into another gospel. And now truth is rarely accepted, even by evangelical and fundamentalist Christians. Because truth hurts. It is like applying iodine to a wound. It stings.

What you see today on Christian forums (for example) is a barrage of false doctrines and perverted teachings. Which means that every Christian has a duty to know the truth from Scripture. And that is hard work.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Which means that every Christian has a duty to know the truth from Scripture. And that is hard work.
It is not a hard work but when God give the truth all scriptures meaning will be revealed. We can't understand by our own, it needs Holy Spirit to guide us.
The most dangerous thing is when the original bible writings are cencored to hide those evil doers in the corrupt elite, it will make our future generation will led astray to follow the devil doctrine. The original hebrew bible and original translation should be kept from alteration of its original.
As bible itself told :

John 3:19-21 (BBE)
19. And this is the test by which men are judged: the light has come into the world and men have more love for the dark than for the light, because their acts are evil.
20. The light is hated by everyone whose acts are evil and he does not come to the light for fear that his acts will be seen.
21. But he whose life is true comes to the light, so that it may be clearly seen that his acts have been done by the help of God.

Reactions: K9Buck

Sabertooth

Sep 17, 2019
Northern Wisconsin
transcendiary.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When it comes to confronting sin (unless God leads otherwise), I prefer to use guerilla tactics, instead of provoking a "hot" war.
A hot war produces a distracting chaos & clamor.
Cold war/guerilla tactics are more surgical and less distracted.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's something that I want to get off my chest...

My beard...

but I guess I'll have to use scissors and a razor for that.

But in the meantime...

People have itching ears and refuse to listen to facts...they hear what they want to hear. They listen to what they want. Conspiracy theories abound because it's what people want to hear instead of the unvarnished truth that the Ivory tower is empty...it was abandoned long ago. They went out for ice cream and then stayed for coffee and then forgot the way back. It's been empty ever since. There is no secret master plan. Never was one.

Stop sinning and just live and be kind for no reason whatsoever.

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't believe in condemning people but I DO believe in telling the truth about sin and sinful lifestyles. Sadly, in the name of being "accepting", many Christians are unwilling to speak or acknowledge truth and will be angry at those that DO tell the truth. We were warned that there would be a great apostasy in the church and we're certainly seeing that. Sad.
So very true K9, Satan has gotten his meat hooks in several denominations sadly. My brother in law is a practicing homosexual, his “church “ happily married him and his partner. Yet if you condemn such acts, you are labeled as homophobic, and a hater.....they are correct in only the fact that I hate his sin.....not him.

Reactions: K9Buck