Temptation, Fruit Tingles and the flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Ever wondered What Paul meant when He said,

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Well today, on my nice 5 hr drive from Armidale to Gosford, through the beautifly Barrington Tops, I leaned something new. See the service station had Fruit Tingles on special, 3 for $2.50 so i got them. hoping to have at least one packet left for my son when I got home. so here i am, after eating about 5 or so, I made up my mind to leave one in my mouth till it disolved without chewing it. So i put one in, my mind got distracted on other things and, Crunch, no more fruit tingle. There was no thought that had passed my mind, no decision was made, my brain simply bypassed me and decided it tasted to good so it must be chewed. So on that 5 hr trip, and 1 and a half packets later, i managed to only keep 5 in my mouth till they melted. This you must understand, this is why God doesnt get mad at you when you get it wrong, why there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, your flesh does its own thing, you cannot beat it into submisiion, that in itself becomes a work of the flesh, this is why we must give al things to Christ, this is why only He will get all the glory, for what is impossible with man is posiible with God.

In His Love

dfj

Feb 10, 2011
Cordes Lakes, AZ

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

This you must understand, this is why God doesn't get mad at you when you get it wrong, why there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, your flesh does its own thing, you cannot beat it into submission, that in itself becomes a work of the flesh, this is why we must give al things to Christ, this is why only He will get all the glory, for what is impossible with man is posiible with God.

Paul's writings are wonderful and must be looked at in context. Romans 6, 7 and 8 form a trilogy and 7 is a transitional chapter.

Rom 7:24; "What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? "

Rom 7:25; "Thanks be to God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the flesh a slave to the law of sin."

Romans 8:1 in its entirety has a provisional clause, which is attested to in verse 4:

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

Rom 8:2-7; For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace."

Thankful 1

Dec 2, 2010

Well today, on my nice 5 hr drive from Armidale to Gosford, through the beautifly Barrington Tops, I leaned something new. See the service station had Fruit Tingles on special, 3 for $2.50 so i got them. hoping to have at least one packet left for my son when I got home. so here i am, after eating about 5 or so, I made up my mind to leave one in my mouth till it disolved without chewing it. So i put one in, my mind got distracted on other things and, Crunch, no more fruit tingle. There was no thought that had passed my mind, no decision was made, my brain simply bypassed me and decided it tasted to good so it must be chewed. So on that 5 hr trip, and 1 and a half packets later, i managed to only keep 5 in my mouth till they melted. This you must understand, this is why God doesnt get mad at you when you get it wrong, why there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, your flesh does its own thing, you cannot beat it into submisiion, that in itself becomes a work of the flesh, this is why we must give al things to Christ, this is why only He will get all the glory, for what is impossible with man is posiible with God.

In His Love
Jones answered you quite well, but I would like you to readthe followin

(Acts 2:38-39) “You mustrepent, Peter answered and every one of you must be baptized in the name ofJesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the gift ofthe Holy Spirit. The promise that wasmade is for you and your children, and for all those who are far away, for allthose whom the Lord our God is calling to himself.”

Receiving the giftof the Holy Spirit.​

The gifts of the Holy Spirit are many, but just to name afew.

(1 Corinthians 12:27-30) “Nowyou together are Christ’s body; but each of you is a different part of it. In the Church, God has given the first placeto apostles,the second to prophets, the third to teachers; after them, miracles, and after them the gift of healing; helpers, goodleaders, thosewith many languages. Are all of them apostles, or all of themprophets, or all of them teachers? Doall speak strange languages, and all interpret them?”

The HolySpirit/Jesus will begin to teach and give one the grace to live the whole Wordof God.

(1 John 2:27) “But you havenot lost the anointing that he gave you, and you do not need anyone to teachyou, the anointing he gave teaches you everything; you are anointed with truth,not a lie, and as it has taught you, so you must stay in him.”

Living the Wordof God includes loving, even one’s enemies.

(Matthew 5:43-44) “You have learnt how it was said, youmust love your neighbor and hate your enemy, but I say this to you: love yourenemies and pray for those who persecute you.”

(Matthew 5:39) “You have learnthow it was said: ‘Eye for eye and tooth for tooth.’ But I say this to you:eek:ffer the wicked man no resistance.”

One can’t say heor she loves if they have money stored and they keep it stored even when theyknow there is some one in need of that money.

(1 John 3:16-18) “This is how we know what loveis: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our livesfor our brothers. If anyone has material possessions and sees his brother in needbut has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, letus not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.”

Jesus told us the following​

(Matthew 6:19) “Do not storeup for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and wherethieves break in and steal.”

(Matthew 6:24)"Noone can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, orhe will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both Godand Money.”

(Luke 12:33) “Sell yourpossessions and give alms. Getyourselves purses that do not wear out, treasure that will not fail you, inHeaven where no thief can reach it and no moth destroy it. For where your treasure is, there will yourheart be also.”

(Luke 14:33) “So in the sameway, none of you can be my disciple unless he gives up all his possessions.”

A Spiritual Christian is a temple of Godwhere no sin exists.​

(Romans 6:2-4) “How can we who died to sin yet live in it?

Or areyou unaware that we who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into hisdeath? We were indeed buried with him through baptism into death, so that, justas Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too mightlive in newness of life.”

(1 John 5:18) “ We know that anyone born of God does not continue to sin;the one who was born of God keeps him safe, and the evil one cannot harm him”

(1John 3:8) “He who does what issinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning.The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work”

When one learnsto obey and live the Word of God, he or she will become the home of God.

(John 14: 23) “Anyone who loves me will keep myword and my Father will love him, and weshall come to him and make a home in him.”

(1 Corinthians 2:13-14)“Therefore we teach, not in the way in which philosophy is taught, but in theway that the Spirit teaches us: we teach spiritual things spiritually. An unspiritual person is one who does notaccept anything of the Spirit of God he sees it all as nonsense; it is beyondhis understanding because it can only be understood by means of the Spirit.”

To maintain lifein one he or she needs spiritual food.

(John 6:53-55) “How can thisman give us his flesh to eat? Theysaid. Jesus replied: ‘I tell you mostsolemnly, if you do not eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood,you will not have life in you. Anyonewho does eat my flesh and drink my blood has eternal life, and I shall raise himup on the last day.”