Teresa of Avila and Watering the Garden

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
In principle, good to stick to Scripture, right?

Justification - being reckoned just by faith - is so important in Scripture.
Of course.

Justification: God declares us just in His eyes....as if we'd never sinned.
Righteous: We are declared right with God.

An unsaved person cannot be declared righteous (in theology - the study of God).

Reactions: farouk

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not necessary to read what someone has said to engage in a conversation with them...? Just another thing that makes no hekkin' sense to me...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
No thank you, I will not try it. You do not even see that you have painted yourself into a corner.
I think you added about being painted into a corner AFTER I gave you a like.

So far, I've NEVER painted myself into a corner because I know my theology well for various and sundry reasons.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Not necessary to read what someone has said to engage in a conversation with them...? Just another thing that makes no hekkin' sense to me...
You've said enough and I've read enough to know that you don't know what some words mean:

RIGHTEOUS
HOLY
REPENT

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Epi, i am trying to understand what blameless means. I know it does not mean holy. When God said of Job that he feared God and shunned evil, He said Job was blameless. I am thinking blameless there means righteous. Is that right? I should go look up the word blameless. I will do that, or at least try to. :)

I think about it in comparison to Ananias and Saphira. Had they feared God and shunned evil, they would not claim about themselves that they had given all. It wouldn't have made them holy, but it would have made them blameless. Accepted.
The thing I’m having trouble understanding is every question you have you go to Episcopos for the answer.
Do you believe that you have the Spirit of God within you that will lead you into all truth?
I personally have not read or been told of God that a man will lead me into all truth?

Reactions: GodsGrace

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
The thing I’m having trouble understanding is every question you have you go to Episcopos for the answer.
Do you believe that you have the Spirit of God within you that will lead you into all truth?
I personally have not read or been told of God that a man will lead me into all truth?
He started the thread...but of course we should go to Scripture for answers...

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
LOL
I like learning from other persons...
but when someone says they don't like learning from MEN....
and then they go to ONE PERSON for their learning...it does lead me to believe they're somewhat confused about their statement.
:confused:

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
He started the thread...but of course we should go to Scripture for answers...
The other member is not asking Episkopos for clarification...I also do this.

She's asking HIM for a teaching....
No one should be here to teach...
No one here has a PhD after their name...
No one here is any more spiritual than I am. (or any one of us).

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I asked him a question about a word in Greek. He is not a Greek scholar but I was being lazy because I know he has a new greek translation right there on his desk because he showed it to me. We are allowed to look up the Greek. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
LOL
I like learning from other persons...
but when someone says they don't like learning from MEN....
and then they go to ONE PERSON for their learning...it does lead me to believe they're somewhat confused about their statement.
:confused:
The Lord Jesus said: "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." Matthew 11.29)

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The other member is not asking Episkopos for clarification...I also do this.

She's asking HIM for a teaching....
No one should be here to teach...
No one here has a PhD after their name...
No one here is any more spiritual than I am. (or any one of us).

For crying out loud, I asked him for what the Greek word meant. :D

Reactions: faithfulness

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
I asked him a question about a word in Greek. He is not a Greek scholar but I was being lazy because I know he has a new greek translation right there on his desk because he showed it to me. We are allowed to look up the Greek. :)
There's a Greek scholar on this very forum...
Ask HIM re Greek words....

Just a suggestion, which you probably don't want.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
RIGHTEOUS
means BEING RIGHT WITH GOD.

Actually and accurately being justified or declared blameless is to be right with God.

But righteous is as righteous does. It is by faith AND actions...works...that we will be justified.

Of course it is God who decides who does what is right. A righteous person doesn't realize they are righteous. A person who sees themselves as righteous is indeed self-righteous. A righteous person follows his conscience in humility and the fear of the Lord...regardless of doctrinal stances.

So then the righteous are not religious very often.

It seems Christianity now goes along with pride, arrogance and judgmentalism. It is against righteousness and it falls far short of holiness...being neither righteous nor holy. Having made a man-made variant that pleases men but not God. That is the modern form of Christendom...whereby a person justifies himself for his doctrinal beliefs.

And men loved to have it so.

It is the sign of the times.