"That Wicked" has problems!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure there is, it's what Jesus' quote from the Book of Daniel is about, i.e., the future "abomination of desolation" event of Daniel 11:

Matt 24:15-21
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

KJV

Dan 11:31
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

KJV

If you say that was history, then you make yourself look foolish. Even the Holocaust was a worse tribulation time than 70 A.D. Jerusalem. That tribulation Jesus spoke of there has yet to happen. Likewise with that "abomination of desolation" event. And if you say that was history also with Antiochus IV, then more egg on your face, because Antiochus had been dead for about 200 years when Jesus warned of that "abomination of desolation" which is still future to us.

Of course, I assume you well know that Daniel prophecy about the "abomination of desolation" involves the placing of an idol abomination in a standing temple at Jerusalem. Antiochus served as a type for the future Antichrist that will do that in Jerusalem, like Jesus showed there in Matthew 24.
Could it just possibly be that you misunderstand what the AOD is referring to?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I well understand the doctrine of men that says the AOD is something else other than... what Scripture declares. Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:31 defines what it is. And what do ya know, today's orthodox Jews in Jerusalem today have the materials ready to build another Jewish temple.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I well understand the doctrine of men that says the AOD is something else other than... what Scripture declares. Daniel 9:27 and Daniel 11:31 defines what it is. And what do ya know, today's orthodox Jews in Jerusalem today have the materials ready to build another Jewish temple.
Okay thanks.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can say that all you want, but it is not true.

2 Thess 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

KJV

Apostle Paul was speaking of a singular false one there coming to Jerusalem to sit in a Jewish temple.

We know Paul was speaking of the temple in Jerusalem because the spiritual temple of Ephesians 2 cannot be corrupted by any man, nor any thing, simply because Christ is its Cornerstone, and the foundation is the Apostles and prophets. If any man or thing tried to corrupt the spiritual temple, they are simply cut off.

Thus what you are pushing is an agenda of men.
Ok, then let's see if you can discern the verse you quoted!
Which is more likely the situation in the following:
1.The "man of sin" , "the natural man", sitteth (does now sit) in the temple of God, which is their physical bodies.
2. The "man of sin", "THE" Antichrist, shall sit in the brand new, hoped to be built Jewish temple.

> Which of the above, lines up with what Jesus said:
John 2[19] Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
[20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
[21] But he spake of the temple of his body.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Davy,
Don't you know that our bodies are meant for the Lord's indwelling??
If the Lord IS NOT DWELLING within you, guess who is!!
YOU ARE, "the natural man", "that man of sin, the son of perdition".

Question: Does satan have children?
Jesus said that he did!
They are known as those who are only "the natural man", which is everyone WHO IS NOT " born again of His Holy Spirit".

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.The "man of sin" , "the natural man", sitteth (does now sit) in the temple of God, which is their physical bodies.
2. The "man of sin", "THE" Antichrist, shall sit in the brand new, hoped to be built Jewish temple.

John 2[19] Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
[20] Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
Just wanted to say one thing about the brand new, hoped to be built Jewish temple. IT WILL NOT BE THE TEMPLE OF GOD!!!!!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just wanted to say one thing about the brand new, hoped to be built Jewish temple. IT WILL NOT BE THE TEMPLE OF GOD!!!!!
OK, you are half correct! So now, what is the temple of God, that Jesus so accurately stated, of which we ALL HAVE?
Ans. Our bodies!

And WHERE does God desire to dwell?
Ans. In that "temple that is made without hands".
John 14[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and WE will come unto him, and make OUR abode [dwelling place] with him.

And where is that?
Ans. Within our physical bodies.
Prior to we being " born again of His Holy Spirit", who once lived like a god within us
, but has *died, ever since Jesus has taken up residence within us?
Ans. "The natural man", "that man of sin, the son of perdition".

*Note: Gal. 2[20] I am crucified [made to be dead] with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, you are half correct! So now, what is the temple of God, that Jesus so accurately stated, of which we ALL HAVE?
Ans. Our bodies!

And WHERE does God desire to dwell?
Ans. In that "temple that is made without hands".
John 14[23] Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and WE will come unto him, and make OUR abode [dwelling place] with him.

And where is that?
Ans. Within our physical bodies.
Prior to we being " born again of His Holy Spirit", who once lived like a god within us
, but has *died, ever since Jesus has taken up residence within us?
Ans. "The natural man", "that man of sin, the son of perdition".

*Note: Gal. 2[20] I am crucified [made to be dead] with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me
I don’t see any problem with that at all but would also mention that in revelation there’s a temple in heaven, with a rent vail and an arc?

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I agree! Most professing Christians are clueless about the event of the AoD in Daniel.
That prophesied event, historically took place through Antiochus Epiphanes, that "little horn", who was the king of the Seleucid Empire, of which was one of the four horns that evolved out of Alex the Great of the Grecian Empire, the 3rd Beast.
As prophesied, history proves that Antiochus showed up "in the latter times" of the 3rd Beast, and it was He who performed the AoD against Israel and their Temple.
Unfortunately, most christians do not know what to make of it, or how it should be applied futuristically.
If you would like to know the Jewish historical account of the AoD, in conjunction with Daniel, please read and study 1&2 Maccabees.
In reference to the above, we must not forget what Jesus said about OT prophecy, prior to His 1st appearance:
John 5[39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

And also, for a better understanding, Isa. 55:8-9

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In reference to the above, we must not forget what Jesus said about OT prophecy, prior to His 1st appearance:
John 5[39] Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

And also, for a better understanding, Isa. 55:8-9
Would you care to expand on this in a PM, I don’t wish to wreck the thread? I’ve never seen this this way, and not really sure what I think of it.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would you care to expand on this in a PM, I don’t wish to wreck the thread? I’ve never seen this this way, and not really sure what I think of it.
No, you won't wreck the thread. In fact the topic of the AoD ties in with it.
To explain it one is thing, but to hear it requires the Mind of Christ, being that of Isa. 55:8-9.
If all would come to understand fully, that His thoughts and ways are not ours, we would learn to be patient and LET HIM interpret HIS OWN thoughts about His OWN words to us. That means to trust Him ONLY for the interpretation, and "lean not to thine own understanding" , or the commentaries of others, no matter what title they have before their name.
Jesus gave to us all "The Tool" to do it!
John 16[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
The AoD is not what "church-ianity" proposes it to be!
In fact, it is so beyond them, they scarce can take it in, never mind to just sit there and listen to it.
If you understand anything of the historical AoD, with the Temple and the Jews, during the time of Antiochus Epiphanes (175-164 BC), then you might know that after that act of the AoD was committed, there was an event prophesied also in Daniel, for the event of "cleansing/restoring" that Jewish Temple.
So, before I go any deeper into the truth about the AoD, are you aware of who Antiochus Epiphanes was, as well as who Judas Maccabeus was?
Today, the Jews celebrate that memorable event as "Hanukkah".

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There's that humanist philosophy I felt earlier you were into, as there is no "natural man" clause in what Paul said in 2 Thess.2.

The "man of sin" is about a certain person, not an inanimate object. To Apostle Paul, the "temple of God" with a false one sitting in it is about a literal physical building in Jerusalem on the temple mount.

Paul never preached a false one sitting over the Spiritual Temple of Eph.2 whose foundation is the Apostles, prophets, and Christ as its Cornerstone. Those who say that can happen are not of Christ's Church and do not know Him, nor His Heavenly Church of The Spirit that is given to all believers on Him!

The "man of sin" title belongs to Satan. He is the one who sinned in the beginning, even before Adam and Eve...

1 John 3:8
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
KJV

Apostle Paul was not speaking of Christ's resurrection in the 2 Thess.2 Chapter. He was speaking of the timing of Christ's return to gather His Church and literally defeat His enemies here on earth. Some Judaizers within the Church were confusing the timing of Christ's return (as they still do today), and Paul was having to correct the Thessalonian Church's understanding about that.

But what you have done, is to take that "temple of God" in 2 Thess.2:4 completely out of context, and apply Christ's death and resurrection comparison to it. That is terrible to do that.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, you won't wreck the thread. In fact the topic of the AoD ties in with it.
To explain it one is thing, but to hear it requires the Mind of Christ, being that of Isa. 55:8-9.
If all would come to understand fully, that His thoughts and ways are not ours, we would learn to be patient and LET HIM interpret HIS OWN thoughts about His OWN words to us. That means to trust Him ONLY for the interpretation, and "lean not to thine own understanding" , or the commentaries of others, no matter what title they have before their name.
Jesus gave to us all "The Tool" to do it!
John 16[13] Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
The AoD is not what "church-ianity" proposes it to be!
In fact, it is so beyond them, they scarce can take it in, never mind to just sit there and listen to it.
If you understand anything of the historical AoD, with the Temple and the Jews, during the time of Antiochus Epiphanes (175-164 BC), then you might know that after that act of the AoD was committed, there was an event prophesied also in Daniel, for the event of "cleansing/restoring" that Jewish Temple.
So, before I go any deeper into the truth about the AoD, are you aware of who Antiochus Epiphanes was, as well as who Judas Maccabeus was?
Today, the Jews celebrate that memorable event as "Hanukkah".

Luke 17:20-21 KJV
[20] And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: [21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Seems as if he’s telling the Pharisees they are also the temple of God. If this is the case, then the only difference in them and the regenerate is one has a pig on the alter and the with the other there is Christ on the alter?

Reactions: Earburner
May 24, 2019
winnipeg
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It saddens me that Post-Tribbers are looking forward to the start of the 7-year Tribulation Period. They are essentially looking to see who the Antichrist will be. They are busy like ants prepping by stockpiling water, dried food, guns, bullets, batteries, axes, etc., and constructing off the grid underground shelters.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's that humanist philosophy I felt earlier you were into, as there is no "natural man" clause in what Paul said in 2 Thess.2.

The "man of sin" is about a certain person, not an inanimate object. To Apostle Paul, the "temple of God" with a false one sitting in it is about a literal physical building in Jerusalem on the temple mount.

Paul never preached a false one sitting over the Spiritual Temple of Eph.2 whose foundation is the Apostles, prophets, and Christ as its Cornerstone. Those who say that can happen are not of Christ's Church and do not know Him, nor His Heavenly Church of The Spirit that is given to all believers on Him!

The "man of sin" title belongs to Satan. He is the one who sinned in the beginning, even before Adam and Eve...

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil.
KJV

Apostle Paul was not speaking of Christ's resurrection in the 2 Thess.2 Chapter. He was speaking of the timing of Christ's return to gather His Church and literally defeat His enemies here on earth. Some Judaizers within the Church were confusing the timing of Christ's return (as they still do today), and Paul was having to correct the Thessalonian Church's understanding about that.

But what you have done, is to take that "temple of God" in 2 Thess.2:4 completely out of context, and apply Christ's death and resurrection comparison to it. That is terrible to do that.
To explain it is one thing, but to hear it requires the Mind of Christ, being that of Isa. 55:8-9.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 17:20-21 KJV
[20] And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: [21] Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Seems as if he’s telling the Pharisees they are also the temple of God. If this is the case, then the only difference in them and the regenerate is one has a pig on the alter and the with the other there is Christ on the alter?
"...one has a pig on the alter and the with the other there is Christ on the alter?"

Lol!! Now that is a good analogy of "the natural man", "that man of sin, the son of perdition [all the unsaved]".
Yes! The Pharisees (and all people, who have not come to Christ), have the potential to become a Temple of the Living God!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

It's not what I have done, but rather what Jesus said, and did Himself!
John 2[21] But he spake of the temple of his body.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV

Before you came to Christ (hoping that you have), when you were born, were you born WITH the Holy Spirit, or were born as only a "natural man"?