"That Wicked" has problems!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you show your ignorance of the writings of the early Church fathers, not to mention many Bible Scriptures which point directly to a singular false one coming at the end of this world to deceive.
I’ve heard the doctrines of men, I once propagated this same foolish message that you are. Don’t be a repeat your whole life.

Reactions: Earburner

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ve heard the doctrines of men, I once propagated this same foolish message that you are. Don’t be a repeat your whole life.

Why would you make false assumptions about our Lord Jesus' warning against the traditions of men? Haven't you understood His warning about those things? The more you study His Word, the more you'll know when you're hearing a tradition of men, and not His written Word. Until then, you accuse me of what you know not of.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you make false assumptions about our Lord Jesus' warning against the traditions of men? Haven't you understood His warning about those things? The more you study His Word, the more you'll know when you're hearing a tradition of men, and not His written Word. Until then, you accuse me of what you know not of.
False assumptions, lol you speak as if your the authority. If I need to hear what you have to say I can just read the left behind series. Oh and Hollywood has put a good spin on it also.

Reactions: Earburner

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You might as well throw away all your English Bible translations, because they all... do the same thing. The translators add phrases in English during translation to present the meaning. They have to, just because of language differences. So the KJV translators aren't the only ones who did that. That is how you are 'straining at a gnat', and not proving your point. You instead must stay with the context and flow of the whole chapter, not play 'pick n' choose'.
I am proving my point, and staying with the chapter. The context of it, reveals that the chapter is to be understood in the plural, but because of the inserted singular words of 400 years ago, it confuses the chapter, and doesn't add up, when read in conjunction with 1 Thes. 1:1-7; 1 John 2:18-22; 4:3 and 2 John 1:7

1 John 4[3] And every spirit [plural] that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, [plural] whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already IS IT in the world.

> WHAT "should come", and was already in the world?

Ans. "that spirit of antichrist".
The word "it" is in reference to "that spirit of antichrist", which shall affect MANY!!
Even though the word "it" sounds singular, because of describing that "spirit" of antichrist, the word
"it" is used in the plural.
So in conclusion, regarding "antichrist",
what was to come"?
1. "THE" Antichrist- singular?
2. That spirit of antichrist- plural?

The answer is #2.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
False assumptions, lol you speak as if your the authority. If I need to hear what you have to say I can just read the left behind series. Oh and Hollywood has put a good spin on it also.
Don't forget The Church of "Disney". Now there's a "One Worlder" operation, if I ever saw one!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pharisees did a good job of it with "the written word" also. So much so, they "didn't know the time of their visitation".

Will that be you, when you realize that you are front and center, in the day of Jesus' sudden return, in flaming fire, wondering whatever happened to your "boy" "THE" Antichrist, and no invisible "Rapture" occurred!!

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction:
I am proving my point, and staying with the chapter. The context of it, reveals that the chapter is to be understood in the plural, but because of the inserted singular words of 400 years ago, it confuses the chapter, and doesn't add up, when read in conjunction with 2 Thes. 1:7-10; 1 John 2:18-22; 4:3 and 2 John 1:7

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I see, there's the problem, the Left-behind series of books and movies which are definitely the leaven traditions of men.

And yes, those in Christ who stay in His Word, instead of falling away to men's doctrines, do... speak with authority! It's because God's Word AS... written is... the Authority. Those who go the way of Cain have a problem with the mere idea... of authority. It's because of Satan's original rebellion in coveting God's place.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am proving my point, and staying with the chapter. The context of it, reveals that the chapter is to be understood in the plural, ....

You can say that all you want, but it is not true.

2 Thess 2:3-4
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

KJV

Apostle Paul was speaking of a singular false one there coming to Jerusalem to sit in a Jewish temple.

We know Paul was speaking of the temple in Jerusalem because the spiritual temple of Ephesians 2 cannot be corrupted by any man, nor any thing, simply because Christ is its Cornerstone, and the foundation is the Apostles and prophets. If any man or thing tried to corrupt the spiritual temple, they are simply cut off.

Thus what you are pushing is an agenda of men.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pharisees did a good job of it with "the written word" also. So much so, they "didn't know the time of their visitation".

Will that be you, when you realize that you are front and center, in the day of Jesus' sudden return, in flaming fire, wondering whatever happened to your "boy" "THE" Antichrist, and no invisible "Rapture" occurred!!

That's just another stupid false accusation proving your Biblical ignorance. Next you'll probably be saying things like Christians have no need to study their Bible!

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's just another stupid false accusation proving your Biblical ignorance. Next you'll probably be saying things like Christians have no need to study their Bible!
Seems that you being a self proclaimed authority would know by now there’s no mention in scripture of a future Temple of God, but there is the present collective Temple of God mentioned multiple times.

Don’t be a repeat your whole life, life is short.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems that you being a self proclaimed authority would know by now there’s no mention in scripture of a future Temple of God, but there is the present collective Temple of God mentioned multiple times.

Don’t be a repeat your whole life, life is short.

The only problem with authority here is with the problem you evidently have with the 'idea' of authority. Might get used to it, because in the future Christ is going to reign with a rod of iron and His elect will rule with Him with that rod of iron too. Then you will see what real authority is, whether you like it or not.

The following Scripture has never happened on earth yet to this day:

Ezek 47:1-13
47:1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.
3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ancles.
4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.
5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.
6 And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.
7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.
8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from En-gedi even unto En-eglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

13 Thus saith the Lord GOD; This shall be the border, whereby ye shall inherit the land according to the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph shall have two portions.
KJV

I don't know why I bother even showing you that, since you obviously mock the very Word of God and those who do study His Word.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correction:
I am proving my point, and staying with the chapter. The context of it, reveals that the chapter is to be understood in the plural, but because of the inserted singular words of 400 years ago, it confuses the chapter, and doesn't add up, when read in conjunction with 2 Thes. 1:7-10; 1 John 2:18-22; 4:3 and 2 John 1:7

You have proven nothing. You are simply pushing a doctrine from men that seek to destroy Paul's revealing of the coming of a singular Antichrist to Jerusalem, to sit in a rebuilt temple there and proclaim himself as God, working signs and wonders to deceive.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only problem with authority here is with the problem you evidently have with the 'idea' of authority. Might get used to it, because in the future Christ is going to reign with a rod of iron and His elect will rule with Him with that rod of iron too. Then you will see what real authority is, whether you like it or not.

The following Scripture has never happened on earth yet to this day:

Ezek 47:1-13
47:1 Afterward he brought me again unto the door of the house; and, behold, waters issued out from under the threshold of the house eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the east, and the waters came down from under from the right side of the house, at the south side of the altar.

2 Then brought he me out of the way of the gate northward, and led me about the way without unto the utter gate by the way that looketh eastward; and, behold, there ran out waters on the right side.
3 And when the man that had the line in his hand went forth eastward, he measured a thousand cubits, and he brought me through the waters; the waters were to the ancles.
4 Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees. Again he measured a thousand, and brought me through; the waters were to the loins.
5 Afterward he measured a thousand; and it was a river that I could not pass over: for the waters were risen, waters to swim in, a river that could not be passed over.
6 And he said unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen this? Then he brought me, and caused me to return to the brink of the river.
7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the bank of the river were very many trees on the one side and on the other.
8 Then said he unto me, These waters issue out toward the east country, and go down into the desert, and go into the sea: which being brought forth into the sea, the waters shall be healed.
9 And it shall come to pass, that every thing that liveth, which moveth, whithersoever the rivers shall come, shall live: and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed; and every thing shall live whither the river cometh.
10 And it shall come to pass, that the fishers shall stand upon it from En-gedi even unto En-eglaim; they shall be a place to spread forth nets; their fish shall be according to their kinds, as the fish of the great sea, exceeding many.
11 But the miry places thereof and the marishes thereof shall not be healed; they shall be given to salt.
12 And by the river upon the bank thereof, on this side and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leaf shall not fade, neither shall the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit according to his months, because their waters they issued out of the sanctuary: and the fruit thereof shall be for meat, and the leaf thereof for medicine.

13 Thus saith the Lord GOD; This shall be the border, whereby ye shall inherit the land according to the twelve tribes of Israel: Joseph shall have two portions.
KJV

I don't know why I bother even showing you that, since you obviously mock the very Word of God and those who do study His Word.
Are you serious?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you serious?

If you say that Ezekiel 47 Scripture has... already happened, then you really will look foolish. I emphasized the word "sanctuary" there so even you... could see it, but I guess it still wasn't big enough? It even shows the location in the holy land, on earth, with God's River and the tree of life! Tread carefully, my Heavenly Father and His Son is watching.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you say that Ezekiel 47 Scripture has... already happened, then you really will look foolish. I emphasized the word "sanctuary" there so even you... could see it, but I guess it still wasn't big enough? It even shows the location in the holy land, on earth, with God's River and the tree of life! Tread carefully, my Heavenly Father and His Son is watching.
So your alleging that the man of sin sits in this temple?

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your alleging that the man of sin sits in this temple?

No, I'm saying what Paul said, that the "man of sin" must come first to sit in that temple of God, which is a temple in Jerusalem. And that he will proclaim himself as God. That is what Paul said there.

The false idea that the "temple of God" Paul said means the spiritual temple in Christ is a doctrine of the Jews. That's who started that lie. Any believer on Christ Jesus knows Christ's spiritual temple cannot... be corrupted by any man, nor any thing, because it would mean my Lord Jesus Christ could be corrupted! So that is a stupid idiotic idea to say that "temple of God" means the spiritual temple of Ephesians 2.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, I'm saying what Paul said, that the "man of sin" must come first to sit in that temple of God, which is a temple in Jerusalem. And that he will proclaim himself as God. That is what Paul said there.

The false idea that the "temple of God" Paul said means the spiritual temple in Christ is a doctrine of the Jews. That's who started that lie. Any believer on Christ Jesus knows Christ's spiritual temple cannot... be corrupted by any man, nor any thing, because it would mean my Lord Jesus Christ could be corrupted! So that is a stupid idiotic idea to say that "temple of God" means the spiritual temple of Ephesians 2.
I’ll try it again. There’s no scripture reference stating or insinuating there will be a future temple built in Jerusalem by the hands of men

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’ll try it again. There’s no scripture reference stating or insinuating there will be a future temple built in Jerusalem by the hands of men

Sure there is, it's what Jesus' quote from the Book of Daniel is about, i.e., the future "abomination of desolation" event of Daniel 11:

Matt 24:15-21
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:
18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.
19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!
20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:
21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

KJV

Dan 11:31
31 And arms shall stand on his part, and they shall pollute the sanctuary of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate.

KJV

If you say that was history, then you make yourself look foolish. Even the Holocaust was a worse tribulation time than 70 A.D. Jerusalem. That tribulation Jesus spoke of there has yet to happen. Likewise with that "abomination of desolation" event. And if you say that was history also with Antiochus IV, then more egg on your face, because Antiochus had been dead for about 200 years when Jesus warned of that "abomination of desolation" which is still future to us.

Of course, I assume you well know that Daniel prophecy about the "abomination of desolation" involves the placing of an idol abomination in a standing temple at Jerusalem. Antiochus served as a type for the future Antichrist that will do that in Jerusalem, like Jesus showed there in Matthew 24.