The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@robert derrick,

YOUR QUOTE OF POST #1446:
"P.s. Exclamation points and underlining words doesn't making something true."

Conversely, your following "OPINIONS" in said post in question above go severely wanting because they are NOT vouchsafed with actual Biblical verses, but are your OPINIONS that equal to HEARSAY at this point until you show the membership that they are backed up with Jesus' actual words, PERIOD!

Within my godly words in my post #1443, I have given you actual passages within the scriptures to back up my biblical propositions, where you have NOT in your post #1446! Therefore, for you to be true to Jesus' actual words instead of your OPINIONATED responses, give us actual biblical passages that support your OPINIONS shown in the list below in your post #1447, otherwise, they are nothing but ungodly HEARSAY in your embarrassment!

YOU MAY BEGIN:

1. "Anyone keeping the law Moses will never be justified with Jesus Christ, even if they offend not in any point at all, including keeping the sabbath of the law, because the law of Moses is no longer the law of God, neither is that first covenant His covenant with His people."

2. "It is the law of Christ that Christians love to keep from the heart."

3. "Nevertheless, it was done away with the First Testament, which is now called in Scripture the old Testament, because it is dead and gone, along with the law of Moses"

4. "Yes, the anointed Word and Christ was the God of Israel, the LORD Yehovah, that gave the law to Moses both on the mount and in the tabernacle of the wilderness. Both the tables of stone that Moses made and wrote upon, and the book of the law written by him in the tabernacle were placed inside the ark of testimony, which were done away with the resurrection of Jesus Christ, the risen God of Israel."

5. "So you say, but not Scripture. Only 9 of them are written in the Scriptures of the apostles for Christians to obey. You need to read the doctrine of Christ in the new covenant see them there."

6. "Jesus fulfilled the law in the days of His flesh, and now the law of God is changed from that of Moses to that of Christ."

7. "He likened the law of Moses to it, of which the ten commandments were but a part thereof."

8. "God's law is one law, one whole law altogether righteous and true. It is not divided into 'parts'. Carnal minded men such as yourself do that, not the Spirit of Christ."

9. "Actually, while Christ was in the lower parts of the earth after departing from the cross, there was no more heaven of stars for Him to see, and He was not ruling them by His power, but rather the Father in heaven was doing so."

10. "So the prophecy of Scripture was fulfilled for Him to nullify the covenant of old, that the children of Israel broke asunder when they had the God of Israel crucified on a cross."

11. "At this time, the natural seed that still read the Scriptures with the vail of Moses blinding them to Christ, have no promise of God confirmed in Christ."

12. "You need to take the vail of Moses away from your eyes also, and learn to read the Scriptures of the apostles, if you want to be a Christian in deed and in truth, and not some quasi-hybrid of old Jew and New Christian."

13. Stated by JESUS herewith (1 Thessalonians 2:13): "You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the Lord your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the Lord your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day." (Deuteronomy 5:15)

YOUR RESPONSE IN CALLING JESUS A LIAR REGARDING THE DIRECT PASSAGE ABOVE!!!: "As I said. You want to keep the law of Moses and the old covenant, then have at it. But the risen God of Israel, Jesus Christ, isn't doing so with you."Have at it. Keep all the law of Moses you like. But, if you are doing so as a matter of faith to be justified with Christ, then you will of course fail to keep it all."

Tell the membership, where do you get the authority to say that you do not need to keep the Sabbath Day, when Jesus says that a Christian is to keep it as shown in Deuteronomy 5:15!!! BLASPHEME!

14. "As I said. You want to keep the law of Moses and the old covenant, then have at it. But the risen God of Israel, Jesus Christ, isn't doing so with you."

15. "You need to be saved by Jesus in His new covenant, and stop trying to be some Israelite of old. But, you want your sabbath, and so you've got it. Have at it. It doesn't matter to me. That's your business, not mine. Nor the Lord's."

16. "The Bible is the book of the law of God, which was changed from that of Moses to that of Christ at His resurrection."

17. "Wanna-be Jews still reading the Scriptures of God with the vail of Moses and seeking righteousness by the law of Moses, are still blindly seeking to establish their own righteousness instead of the righteousness of God."

As I said. You want to keep the law of Moses in any point, then you will be judged by all of it.

The Sabbath commandment was a point of Moses' law written as such at Sinai.

There is no Sabbath written for point of law of Christ by any apostle.

Within my godly words in my post #1443

Neither your words nor your Sabbath are godly in Christ Jesus, but only between your ears.

P.s. Exclamation points and underlining words doesn't making something true.

P.s.s. That includes bold letters.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I belong to no Orthodox Christian sect. I simply believe in taking the Bible at face value for what it teaches.

The "love" Catholic and Protestants love to talk about comes from adhering to this world's definition of what love is, and not God's. Christian love as the Bible defines it comes from keeping God's commandments(Rom. 13:10, Jas. 2:10 1 Jhn 5:3). It's amazing how clear and concise the Bible is on doctrines concerning sin, salvation, and agape love, and yet Orthodox Christianity reduces all of those things to hazy, feel-good concepts that are completely antithetical to everything that was taught by the original apostles.

Being kind means absolutely nothing if you're not keeping God's commandments, especially because there are a lot of ppl who believe the "kind" thing to do in a lot of situations is lie to protect someone's feelings or religious traditions. I fact, i would say that this world's definition of being kind often means violating God's commandments. Jesus was kind, but not at the expense of living by His Father's commandments.

You are making God's commandments out to be rules that inherently calls for someone to be mean, and i'm not buying what you're selling. Keeping God's commandments are the embodiment of what it means to truly have someone's best interest in mind. A kind murderer, adulterer, idolater, blasphemer, or liar doesn't have anyone's best interest in mind but their own.

I'm not going to argue your claims that I am not educated, or any other the other your snide remarks to people.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The death of Jesus and his resurrection BEGAN the New Covenant. We no longer stone disobedient children to death or require capital punishment for adultery. We live in a new world - thanks to Calvary.

So you believe Jesus merely took away punishment? That's all??????????????????????????????!

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not going to argue your claims that I am not educated, or any other the other your snide remarks to people.
Peter called the heretics and apostates who twisted Paul's words to teach things that were contrary to the truth uneducated and ignorant:

"and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures."
- 2 Pet. 315-16

Paul said the same exact thing when describing people who confidently teach against God's laws, even while they don't know the first thing about them:

"Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith, from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk, desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm." - 1 Tim. 1:5-7

Jesus Himself stated in Luk. 24:25 that a person is a fool if they fail to believe what was written in the OT. And that's exactly what antinomianism is: the ramblings of ignorant, uneducated fools. Why? Because they reject the OT writings as something that has no place in today's society, even though the Bible they claim to believe in says the world is the way it is because it rejects the OT.

So yes, according to Peter's own words, anyone who uses Paul's words to argue against living by the Law as a way of life is ignorant and uneducated. A person who would much rather live in a world without the benefits that comes with obeying God's laws can't logically be called anything else but uneducated and ignorant. Antinomians don't understand the NT because they reject the OT. That's precisely what makes them uneducated and ignorant.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter called the heretics and apostates who twisted Paul's words to teach things that were contrary to the truth uneducated and ignorant:

"and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures."
- 2 Pet. 315-16

Paul said the same exact thing when describing people who confidently teach against God's laws, even while they don't know the first thing about them:

"Now the purpose of the commandment is love from a pure heart, from a good conscience, and from sincere faith, from which some, having strayed, have turned aside to idle talk, desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say nor the things which they affirm." - 1 Tim. 1:5-7

Jesus Himself stated in Luk. 24:25 that a person is a fool if they fail to believe what was written in the OT. And that's exactly what antinomianism is: the ramblings of ignorant, uneducated fools. Why? Because they reject the OT writings as something that has no place in today's society, even though the Bible they claim to believe in says the world is the way it is because it rejects the OT.

So yes, according to Peter's own words, anyone who uses Paul's words to argue against living by the Law as a way of life is ignorant and uneducated. A person who would much rather live in a world without the benefits that comes with obeying God's laws can't logically be called anything else but uneducated and ignorant. Antinomians don't understand the NT because they reject the OT. That's precisely what makes them uneducated and ignorant.

If you don't agree with what I teach, it may be you need to look again at what YOU believe.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you teach?

Ten years ago I prayed and asked God to reteach me what the one true meaning was of His word, and wipe away all man's interpretation. Since then my whole doctrine has changed, and now I only teach what God taught me. That is why I spoke so boldly.

Reactions: Abigail

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ten years ago I prayed and asked God to reteach me what the one true meaning was of His word, and wipe away all man's interpretation. Since then my whole doctrine has changed, and now I only teach what God taught me. That is why I spoke so boldly.
Technically speaking (for lack of a better term), we're supposed to walk even as Jesus walked and He spoke/taught as one having authority, so...

I believe we're supposed to emulate Him in every way except in that which pertains to His divinity and sovereignty, such as receiving/accepting worship and pardoning sin, i.e., assuming the prerogative of God.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Technically speaking (for lack of a better term), we're supposed to walk even as Jesus walked and He spoke/taught as one having authority, so...

I believe we're supposed to emulate Him in every way except in that which pertains to His divinity and sovereignty, such as receiving/accepting worship and pardoning sin, i.e., assuming the prerogative of God.

Doesn't the Word say that whoever we forgive, God forgives? I know I've read that in Scripture somewhere. And as far as His divinity, we are able to partake of His divine nature inside of us. 2 Peter 1:2-4. That is what Jesus came to do - make children of God that are righteous and holy. 1 John 3:1-24; Revelation 22:11; 1 Peter 1:15-16

Knowing who we are in Jesus is very important when healing the sick, and casting out demons

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Doesn't the Word say that whoever we forgive, God forgives? I know I've read that in Scripture somewhere.
John 20:23 KJV: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

It doesn't mean that men can discharge/expiate sin from the record books of Heaven.
And as far as His divinity, we are able to partake of His divine nature inside of us
Sure! Absolutely! But we cannot assume the prerogatives that belong only to God.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 20:23 KJV: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

It doesn't mean that men can discharge/expiate sin from the record books of Heaven.

Sure! Absolutely! But we cannot assume the prerogatives that belong only to God.
Seeing as it will be the Holy Spirit in them doing so, I think He would have said otherwise if it wasn't completely forgiven.

We've seen Paul turn sinners over to Satan; that is an example of retaining their sins.

That is a curse. And it works, but only if you have the Holy Spirit, and the one being cursed does not and they deserve it (their sin is retained). Proverbs 26:2 But then if they repent - and the curse did its job "learning obedience through suffering" - then we are to forgive them, and even bless them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim B

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are Sabbath laws binding on Christians today? No!
ALL of the 10 Commandments, which include the 4th, Oz, are still part of a balanced lifestyle for True Christians to this very day.

Jump back to the OP, post #1, and start reading through the thread again. We always pick up more the second time around. Maybe try a third read.

Binding, under Law and so on and so forth are all scary words to make Christians afraid of obeying God's Word. They are unnecessary for describing the 10 Commandments. Only for speaking of the Mosaic Ceremonial and Sacrificial Laws.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GEN,

What you've said here contradicts Scripture.

You are shadow boxing. The law is only a “shadow (skia) of the good things to come instead of the true form of these realities” (Heb. 10:1). The argument is parallel to the argument in Colossians: both contrast elements of the law as a shadow with the “substance” (sōma, Col. 2:17) or the “form” (eikona, Heb. 10:1) found in Christ" (Gospel Coalition).

The good things came through Christ and the cross and they abrogated the need for Saturday worship.

Jesus taught:

“Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished" (Matt 5:17-18 ESV).​

Oz
Nah. The only shadows were the sacrificial/ceremonial shadows that pointed to Jesus' perfect sacrifice on the cross.

Thems is gone. Not the 10.

Never the 10. God spoke the 10 out loud at Sinai causing people's hearts to almost fail them. He never spoke any of the others aloud to the world at large.

He spoke aloud to create the world. He spoke the 10 aloud.

Psalms 89:34

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cass,

This is not exactly true.

"The Lord’s day (as distinguished from the day of the Lord) is Sunday. The term Lord’s day is used only once in Scripture. Revelation 1:10 says, “I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet.” Since the apostle John does not elaborate on the meaning of “Lord’s day,” we can assume that his target audience, first-century Christians, were already familiar with the expression.

"Some have assumed that the Lord’s day is the New Testament equivalent of the Sabbath. The Sabbath day was instituted by God for the nation of Israel to commemorate His deliverance of them from Egypt (Deuteronomy 5:15). Sabbath began Friday at sunset and ended Saturday at sunset and was to be a day of complete rest from all labor, symbolic of the Creator’s resting on the seventh day (Genesis 2:2–3; Exodus 20:11; 23:12)," (GotQuestions?)​

Oz
The Bible defines itself.

The only verse, anywhere in scripture, that defines Revelation 1:10 is Isaiah 58:13. God, Himself, tells us exactly which day is His.

The only day He ever blessed and sanctified.
Genesis 2:2-3

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah. The only shadows were the sacrificial/ceremonial shadows that pointed to Jesus' perfect sacrifice on the cross.

Thems is gone. Not the 10.

Never the 10. God spoke the 10 out loud at Sinai causing people's hearts to almost fail them. He never spoke any of the others aloud to the world at large.

He spoke aloud to create the world. He spoke the 10 aloud.

The ten commandments are part of the Old Covenant, which has been superseded by the New Covenant. If you live by the Law and not by the Spirit you're not a Christian.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The works of His hands are verity and judgment; all His Commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in Truth and uprightness."
Psalms 111:7-8

Who are the 10 Commandments written to?
They are written to all God's Children.

Who are God's Children? Let's see.

God is a spirit. Those who worship Him (His Children) must worship Him in spirit and in Truth.
John 4:24

Spiritual Israel are God's Children; NOT any physical/fleshly race - for "...they which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:.."
Romans 9:8

Is God's Law a physical Law or a Spiritual Law?
"For we know that the Law is spiritual:..."
Romans 7:14

"Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, (those who do them and keep them may go to heaven.)...Ye shall not add unto (them), neither shall ye diminish (them)..., that ye might keep the Commandments of the Lord your God ..."
Deuteronomy 4:1-2

NOTE: this chapter speaks nothing of the Mosaic/Ceremonial laws. It is ONLY referring to the 10 Commandments which ARE God's Law.

"And He declared unto you ... Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on tables of stone."
Deuteronomy 4:13

And what if His Children stop obeying His Commandments?

"... the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen,..."
Deuteronomy 4:27

We are living this reality today. Scattered far and wide; few and far between among the nations.

"But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
(This next verse is PROOF POSITIVE that the Commandments are still valid to this very day.)
When thou art in tribulation , and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days (end times), if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto His voice; (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God; ) He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers (10 Commandments) which He sware unto them."
Deuteronomy 4:29-31

"The works of His hands are verity and judgment; all His Commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in Truth and uprightness."
Psalms 111:7-8

"My covenant will I not break nor alter (forever) the thing that has gone out of My lips."

"For I am the Lord, I change not; ..."
Malachi 3:6

" for ever and ever" (aion or aionios) in the temporal realm means "for ages, generations, lifetimes, epoch.
So of the Millenial Kingdom starts soon, that will last generations, then it will come to an end. Think of it, when we are all resurrected, given new eternal bodies, living in in a perfect eternal place without sin, will commandments be necessary?
"Thou shalt not sin?" What? Impossible.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ten commandments are part of the Old Covenant, which has been superseded by the New Covenant. If you live by the Law and not by the Spirit you're not a Christian.
Hmmm. How is it that Christ obeyed them all then? John 15:10

Christian MEANS follower of Christ.

Might wanna re-think that one a bit.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
" for ever and ever" (aion or aionios) in the temporal realm means "for ages, generations, lifetimes, epoch.
So of the Millenial Kingdom starts soon, that will last generations, njt will come to an end. Think of it, when we are all resurrected, given new eternal bodies, living in in a oerfext eternal place without sin, will commandments be necessary?
"Thou shalt not sin?" What? Impossible.
It started long ago and the 1,000 years are not literal.

You can't explain away 1 Corinthians 15:22-26. Jesus already possesses all that He will turn over to the Father upon His return. He's already ruling now. He's the King. Countless verses to support that.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It started long ago and the 1,000 years are not literal.

You can't explain away 1 Corinthians 15:22-26. Jesus already possesses all that He will turn over to the Father upon His return. He's already ruling now. He's the King. Countless verses to support that.
I see, an Amillennialist.
When the 7th Trumpet sounds, then the kingdoms of the world will become Christ's. I don't know what world you're living in, but there's about 80 Muslim countries, China filled with Buddhists, India with Hindus and most all of the nations are motivated by money and power, not Christ. 1/3 of the population believe in Christ. During the Millennial Kingdom,.100% will.

Status
Not open for further replies.