The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 10 Commandments, from the OLD TESAMENT, were given to Moses, a Jew, and He gave them to Jews., not "children of God", in the New Testament "born again". sense.
So, Are you a Jew, Gen2Rev?
Do you live in the Old Testament?

So, Are they useful, always?
They are, as they are a lifestyle boundary, that if you live there, you can keep yourself away from a lot of sorrow in this world.
Can the 10 Commandments, or the LAW, save you, ?
Never.
They have no power to SAVE. They have no power to make you righteous. They have no power to get you to heaven.
So, in that regard the 10 Commandments, are USELESS.

Dont follow Commandments, follow Truth and Righteousness, and that comes From God alone, as "the GIFT of Righteousness".

Jesus Himself is THE Truth...... John 14:6
More of your group's ONLY default rebuttal of accusing Legalism.

There is no Legalism in obeying God.

And the 10 Commandments ARE righteousness. They are the very recipe for how to live in God's righteousness.

1. Jesus is the Truth. John 14:6
2. We are to walk as He walked. 1 John 2:6
3. He obeyed each and every one of the 10 Commandments. John 15:10
4. And IF you have the Holy Spirit, YOU will obey them, too. John 14:21-23; Acts 5:32.

Case closed, my neighbors!!

gavel-4.png

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
1. Jesus is the Truth. John 14:6
2. We are to walk as He walked. 1 John 2:6
3. He obeyed each and every one of the 10 Commandments. John 15:10

If you try to keep commandments, thinking you will go to heaven when you die if you TRY....., you'll end up in Hell with thousands that same day who died, and they were also obsessed with commandments, and could not find the Cross if they Tried.

"LOVE", keeps the commandments.
God's love, living through us, is how LOVE Love's when its God's love.
That's how you keep them, and any Believer, who loves, is keeping them... But that is not the way to Heaven.
The only way to Heaven, is Christ on the Cross. John 14:6

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Try including more than a single, out of context, verse if you want anyone to take you seriously.
I don't need you, or any of your group, to take me at all.

The diligent student of the Bible is who I'm here for. I can post a single verse, or even NO verse, and they will see the Truth that I am presenting; despite all effort on your part to subjugate things here.

Whether you post 100 long posts to the contrary, or zero, those honest followers of Christ will see the Truth that I present. And do you guys know why that is?

It's because it's not MY Truth. It is God's Truth and it is insurmountable. It is unstoppable.

So keep right on doing the very best that you can to belittle, to attack personally, to cover-up, to distract, dissuade and disinform. The ONLY people who will be fooled by your LIES are those who have never developed a love for the Truth. They, along with you, will be destroyed in the end.

Not because "I" say so. Because God says so. And it is HIM you are attacking and dishonoring with your evil works here.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The diligent students of the Bible

If you were a "diligent student of the NT", you'd have at least one Thread on this forum that talks about the Blood of Jesus, the Blood Atonement, and the Cross of Christ".
You have ZERO.
NONE.
So, your "teaching" is your own obsession, as proven by What YOU CAN't TEACH., and have no desire to Teach.
You have commandments on the BRIAN, and the Blood of Jesus and the Cross of Christ : is nowhere to be found.

That's your "teaching".
Its CROSS-LESS.

You just want and need some attention, so you "play teacher", as a TROLL., or you TROLL Threads that are valid Bible revelation.

There is your minstry on this forum.
And you certainly have proven it and will again, Gen2Rev.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you try to keep commandments, thinking you will go to heaven when you die if you TRY....., you'll end up in Hell with thousands that same day who died, and they were also obsessed with commandments, and could not find the Cross if they Tried.

"LOVE", keeps the commandments.
God's love, living through us, is how LOVE Love's when its God's love.
That's how you keep them, and any Believer, who loves, is keeping them... But that is not the way to Heaven.
The only way to Heaven, is Christ on the Cross. John 14:6
If you were a "diligent student of the NT", you'd have at least one Thread on this forum that talks about the Blood of Jesus, the Blood Atonement, and the Cross of Christ".
You have ZERO.
NONE.
So, your "teaching" is your own obsession, as proven by What YOU CAN't TEACH., and have no desire to Teach.
You have commandments on the BRIAN, and the Blood of Jesus and the Cross of Christ : is nowhere to be found.

That's your "teaching".
Its CROSS-LESS.

You just want and need some attention, so you "play teacher", as a TROLL., or you TROLL Threads that are valid Bible revelation.

There is your minstry on this forum.
And you certainly have proven it and will again, Gen2Rev.
Nobody claimed 10 Commandments save you and all my threads are 100% Biblical and supported with accurate Scripture.

I show myself approved.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I show myself approved.

Yes.
In your own mind you are definitely approved.... no doubt.
You are a LEGEND in your own mind, GEN2REV, ...
But your Thread's avoid the Cross and the Blood of Jesus and the New Covenant.
Thats a fact.
So, consider yourself, based on the FACTS, regarding your THreads and posts.....as "Non God Approved".

See, God approves of the CROSS that you never talk about.
God approves of the NEW TESTAMENT and the NEW COVENANT that Jesus died to Give US.
Think on that.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a LEGEND in your own mind
Nope. Just the same as any other servant of God that serves Him honestly and Truthfully.

Your only objection is the 4th Commandment, Behold.

That makes you a bona fide Hypocrite because you obey all the other 9 while preaching that Christians should not obey the Commandments or they will go to hell.

Heavy, HEAVY shame upon you.

Reactions: BarneyFife

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Nope. Just the same as any other servant of God that serves Him honestly and Truthfully.
Your only objection is the 4th Commandment, Behold.That makes you a bona fide Hypocrite because you obey all the other 9 while preaching that Christians should not obey the Commandments or they will go to hell.
Heavy, HEAVY shame upon you.

The 4th Commandment? How can i object to it, when we have not even discussed it?

And regarding Shabbat...
THere were some religious fakirs in Jesus day that said to him what you are referring to me.
He revealed them as deceivers......and there you go.

Listen.....Only a heretic would teach a New Testament Saint that the 10 Commandments are integral to salvation.

Gen2Rev, there is a reason that you can't explain what it means to be "born again", unless you cut and paste this from WIKIPedia or some Religious site.

Truly i can tell you.....
I dont even think about the 10 Commandments.
I dont refer to them.... as im a product of the New Testament and New Covenant, and so, i have the Holy Spirit in me who directs me in my thinking, and regarding my teaching, and my behavior.
I have Christ in me as my forever guide and Lord, Gen2Rev, = that the 10 Commandments can't ever match.
Believe it.
God does.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pharisees had exalted the first four commandments, which point out the duty of man to his Maker, as of far greater consequence than the other six, which define man's duty to his fellow man. As the result, they greatly failed of practical godliness. Jesus had shown the people their great deficiency, and had taught the necessity of good works, declaring that the tree is known by its fruits. For this reason He had been charged with exalting the last six commandments above the first four.

The lawyer approached Jesus with a direct question, “Which is the first commandment of all?” The answer of Christ is direct and forcible: “The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: and thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.” The second is like the first, said Christ; for it flows out of it, “Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.” “On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”

The first four of the Ten Commandments are summed up in the one great precept, “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart.” The last six are included in the other, “Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.” Both these commandments are an expression of the principle of love. The first cannot be kept and the second broken, nor can the second be kept while the first is broken. When God has His rightful place on the throne of the heart, the right place will be given to our neighbor. We shall love him as ourselves. And only as we love God supremely is it possible to love our neighbor impartially.

And since all the commandments are summed up in love to God and man, it follows that not one precept can be broken without violating this principle. Thus Christ taught His hearers that the law of God is not so many separate precepts, some of which are of great importance, while others are of small importance and may with impunity be ignored. Our Lord presents the first four and the last six commandments as a divine whole, and teaches that love to God will be shown by obedience to all His commandments.

The scribe who had questioned Jesus was well read in the law, and he was astonished at His words. He did not expect Him to manifest so deep and thorough a knowledge of the Scriptures. He had gained a broader view of the principles underlying the sacred precepts. Before the assembled priests and rulers he honestly acknowledged that Christ had given the right interpretation to the law, saying:

“Well, Master, Thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but He: and to love Him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbor as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

The wisdom of Christ's answer had convicted the scribe. He knew that the Jewish religion consisted in outward ceremonies rather than inward piety. He had some sense of the worthlessness of mere ceremonial offerings, and the faithless shedding of blood for expiation of sin. Love and obedience to God, and unselfish regard for man, appeared to him of more value than all these rites. The readiness of this man to acknowledge the correctness of Christ's reasoning, and his decided and prompt response before the people, manifested a spirit entirely different from that of the priests and rulers. The heart of Jesus went out in pity to the honest scribe who had dared to face the frowns of the priests and the threats of the rulers to speak the convictions of his heart. “And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, He said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God.”

The scribe was near to the kingdom of God, in that he recognized deeds of righteousness as more acceptable to God than burnt offerings and sacrifices. But he needed to recognize the divine character of Christ, and through faith in Him receive power to do the works of righteousness. The ritual service was of no value, unless connected with Christ by living faith. Even the moral law fails of its purpose, unless it is understood in its relation to the Saviour. Christ had repeatedly shown that His Father's law contained something deeper than mere authoritative commands. In the law is embodied the same principle that is revealed in the gospel. The law points out man's duty and shows him his guilt. To Christ he must look for pardon and for power to do what the law enjoins.

The Pharisees had gathered close about Jesus as He answered the question of the scribe. Now turning He put a question to them: “What think ye of Christ? whose son is He?” This question was designed to test their belief concerning the Messiah,—to show whether they regarded Him simply as a man or as the Son of God. A chorus of voices answered, “The Son of David.” This was the title which prophecy had given to the Messiah. When Jesus revealed His divinity by His mighty miracles, when He healed the sick and raised the dead, the people had inquired among themselves, “Is not this the Son of David?” The Syrophoenician woman, blind Bartimaeus, and many others had cried to Him for help, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Thou Son of David.” Matthew 15:22. While riding into Jerusalem He had been hailed with the joyful shout, “Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is He that cometh in the name of the Lord.” Matthew 21:9. And the little children in the temple had that day echoed the glad ascription. But many who called Jesus the Son of David did not recognize His divinity. They did not understand that the Son of David was also the Son of God.

In reply to the statement that Christ was the Son of David, Jesus said, “How then doth David in Spirit [the Spirit of Inspiration from God] call Him Lord, saying, The Lord said unto my Lord, Sit Thou on My right hand, till I make Thine enemies Thy footstool? If David then call Him Lord, how is He his son? And no man was able to answer Him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask Him any more questions.” —The Desire Of Ages—EGWpp. 606 - 609

Reactions: GEN2REV

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The 4th Commandment? How can i object to it, when we have not even discussed it?

And regarding Shabbat...
THere were some religious fakirs in Jesus day that said to him what you are referring to me.
He revealed them as deceivers......and there you go.

Listen.....Only a heretic would teach a New Testament Saint that the 10 Commandments are integral to salvation.

Gen2Rev, there is a reason that you can't explain what it means to be "born again", unless you cut and paste this from WIKIPedia or some Religious site.

Truly i can tell you.....
I dont refer to them.... as im a product of the New Testament and New Covenant, and so, i have the Holy Spirit in me who directs me in my thinking, and regarding my teaching, and my behavior.
I have Christ in me as my forever guide and Lord, Gen2Rev, = that the 10 Commandments can't ever match.
Believe it.
God does.
How long have you been a Christian, if I may ask?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
How long have you been a Christian, if I may ask?

Born again : in the summer of '1977

I was in Church, it was a Sunday morning service, and i went to the alter and prayed.

Here is the short answer regarding how that happened to me.

Qoheleth... i heard the Gospel of my Salvation, i was convicted by the Holy Spirit of the Truth of it, and knew i was lost, and i knew that Jesus was the only way to not be lost, and i asked Him for HELP using my FAITH .
God answered my faith.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was in Church, it was a Sunday morning service, and i went to the alter and prayed.

Qoheleth... i heard the Gospel of my Salvation, i was convicted by the Holy Spirit of the Truth of it, and knew i was lost, and i knew that Jesus was the only way to not be lost, and i asked Him for HELP using my FAITH .
God answered my faith.
So, in other words, you're not really saved.

You're a False Convert.

You have entered the sheep pen by another way than The Gate.
John 10:1

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont refer to them.... as im a product of the New Testament and New Covenant
As an enlightenment to the contrary, we have Jesus, in the NT, telling His followers, and all Christians to come, to obey the 10 Commandments.

In this passage Jesus instructs not only His disciples, but includes the crowd at large, when He tells them to obey the scribes and Pharisees in what they say - in their teaching of the 10 Commandments, but not to do as they do; as they did not obey the Commandments themselves.
Matthew 23:1-3

If Jesus tells us that our righteousness must exceed that of the scribes and Pharisees, Behold Matthew 5:20, and you don't even teach the 10 Commandments as they did, that makes you threefold the child of hell that they were. Matthew 23:15

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
So, in other words, you're not really saved.

You're a False Convert.

You have entered the sheep pen by another way than The Gate.
John 10:1

Listen, Troll...

You think that God sent Christ out of Heaven and to the Cross, so that a heretic in training like you can come to Christian forum, and tell real believers that keeping 10 commandments is the Gate to God, when Christ said He is the only Way to the Father.... John 14:6

Yet here you are lost in the lie, owned by a cults theology, no idea why, just ranting away.

Gen2Rev, you need to get a check up from the neck up, if you think that im in damnation. = John 3:36.
Ive 300 Threads here and about 6000 Posts that talk about the CROSS and Jesus as your Salvation.
You have an attitude problem, and a cult theology implant that has sent you away from The Blood of Jesus, and hung you in the Old Testament.

You need to listen., not teach.

Last edited:

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

God answered my faith.
That's beautiful, B.

Now I don't even want to ask you the question I had intended to.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Behold,

By the way, I'm still Barny.

I gotta get my name changed back.

I can't believe I pulled that stunt.

I was looking at your profile.

I was born at the Pensacola Naval Air Station Hospital.

You know, B, I really don't believe that works of any kind that come from me are meritorious one iota towards my title to eternal life. And that's no carefully worded statement to conceal any form of legalism whatsoever. A lot of people have me all wrong. I was saved the same way you were.

Pretty much exactly, except my grandmother and great-grandmother had been taking me to church I went to Vacation Bible School and all, and one early summer evening in 1972, my Grandma Bryant, a Southern Baptist Minister's widow, was walking around her little house tidying up and talking to her Jesus (she did that all the time) and I asked her how I could get saved.

She asked me why I wanted to know and I said that I had been hearing about Jesus for quite a while (she had a Christian radio station going all the time—she said the TV was the devil's box) and I didn't feel like I was in right relation to Him (not in those words, of course). She asked me if I felt sorry for my sin and I wasted no time responding in the affirmative. We knelt down together in front of her couch, and I closed my eyes, folded my hands, and bowed my head, and then I asked Jesus to forgive my sins and come live in my heart.

And, you know, He just wouldn't leave me alone after that?

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God was good to me : a sinner.
He made me a Saint, and i dont deserve it.
Never will.

Feel free to ask your question., anytime.
Thanks, B.

I gotta go pick up my wife from work.

I'll catch you a little later.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
@Behold,

By the way, I'm still Barny.

I gotta get my name changed back.

I can't believe I pulled that stunt.

I was looking at your profile.

I was born at the Pensacola Naval Air Station Hospital.

You know, B, I really don't believe that works of any kind that come from me are meritorious one iota towards my title to eternal life. And that's no carefully worded statement to conceal any form of legalism whatsoever. A lot of people have me all wrong. I was saved the same way you were.

Pretty much exactly, except my grandmother and great-grandmother had been taking me to church I went to Vacation Bible School and all, and one early summer evening in 1972, my Grandma Bryant, a Southern Baptist Minister's widow, was walking around her little house tidying up and talking to her Jesus (she did that all the time) and I asked her how I could get saved.

She asked me why I wanted to know and I said that I had been hearing about Jesus for quite a while (she had a Christian radio station going all the time—she said the TV was the devil's box) and I didn't feel like I was in right relation to Him (not in those words, of course). She asked me if I felt sorry for my sin and I wasted no time responding in the affirmative. We knelt down together in front of her couch, and I closed my eyes, folded my hands, and bowed my head, and then I asked Jesus to forgive my sins and come live in my heart.

And, you know, He just wouldn't leave me alone after that?

Yes, i know who you are..

You asked a fair question and i like to talk about Salvation, even my own.
Thank you for your Testimony.
God is ...............so good.

You have a fortunate history regarding your Grandmother and Great GM, "taking you to VBS", and beyond.

It could be that the prayers of my deceased GM and GGM brought me into the KOG.

Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarneyFife
Status
Not open for further replies.