The 10 Commandments are FOREVER

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
NOWWW, you're waking up.

Good for you.

Let all that nonsense go and just embrace the Truth.
How about the truth about the post you claimed dealt with explaining why the ten commandments are for all people of all time or whatever you said? The verses in the post did not address that. Be honest.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How about the truth about the post you claimed dealt with explaining why the ten commandments are for all people of all time or whatever you said? The verses in the post did not address that. Be honest.
You literally don't even know what you're arguing about anymore ..... dad.

You're just here to argue.

Because that's what you do. You argue.

Go back to the very first objection that you posted and see what your original argument was. The part of my post that you quoted in that particular post is immediately before all of the explanation that you are asking for. It's all there. It's the OP of this thread.

Be gone with you.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you know good and well that a large portion of what the Bible refers to as the Law has been done away with, and you also know that, at a minimum, there are 9 Commandments that are still morally unbreakable and that ALL Christians adhere to. So there must be some separation between the given statutes, mustn't there?

God spoke the 10 Commandments aloud and wrote them on a stone twice with His own finger. He did not do that for all of the rest of the Ceremonial/Sacrificial Ordinances. Therefore, it's not at all difficult to understand, and conclude in a way that aligns with Scripture, that the 10 Moral Commandments written in stone, the Ministration of Righteousness, are still the Commandments that are valid; and are the Commandments that the Bible so often refers to as perfect and good and pure; all the positive connotations.

And why don't you understand that the Apostle who established the church in the gentile world said under the Inspiration of the Holy spirit that the commandments written in stone are a ministry of condemnation and are done away with?

No it is you that call out the 10 in stone from the rest as pure and righteous. The Bible calls the law the law and refers to all 613 god gave to Moses.

Nowhere in teh bible does it say that " alarge portion of the law" has been done away with and the ones in stone still stand!

YOu call the ten a ministration of righteousness, Paul calls them a ministration of death! whom to believe?????? HHMM? I choose Paul.

2 Corinthians 3:7-11
King James Version

7 But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

8 How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

9 For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.

10 For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.

11 For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.

Reactions: Jim B

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you know good and well that a large portion of what the Bible refers to as the Law has been done away with, and you also know that, at a minimum, there are 9 Commandments that are still morally unbreakable and that ALL Christians adhere to. So there must be some separation between the given statutes, mustn't there?

God spoke the 10 Commandments aloud and wrote them on a stone twice with His own finger. He did not do that for all of the rest of the Ceremonial/Sacrificial Ordinances. Therefore, it's not at all difficult to understand, and conclude in a way that aligns with Scripture, that the 10 Moral Commandments written in stone, the Ministration of Righteousness, are still the Commandments that are valid; and are the Commandments that the Bible so often refers to as perfect and good and pure; all the positive connotations.

How you can disagree with all that, I can't imagine, BUT ... I know you'll find a way.

I disagree because all you wrote was some physical facts with philosophical commentary that contradicts the plain clear Word of God.

dad

Apr 17, 2020
private
normanbruleart.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Go back to the very first objection that you posted and see what your original argument was. The part of my post that you quoted in that particular post is immediately before all of the explanation that you are asking for. It's all there. It's the OP of this thread.

Be gone with you.
Rather than address the issue and simply answer honestly we get some weird self righteous drivel. Nothing is there that I saw. Sorry you imagined that there was. What verse said that we today need to keep the ten commandments?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Be gone with you.

Obviously you don't know what ad hominen means. It is an attack directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining. Clearly that is what you're doing!

Obviously, you can't debate the subject; clearly you're in the wrong.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And why don't you understand that the Apostle who established the church in the gentile world said under the Inspiration of the Holy spirit that the commandments written in stone are a ministry of condemnation and are done away with?
Well, it's a simple answer, Ron. As I said before, if we know that at least 9 of the Commandments are still valid, as every single Christian lives by (obeys - not adheres to for salvation) them, we know that there must be something misinterpreted there, don't we?

Hmmm, yes. Yes, we do. ;)

So, :
1. That passage refers to the ministration of death as glorious in verse 7 and glory in verse 9.
2. The stone Law of Commandments obeyed in legalism is death - and is done away with, but the 10 Commandments upon the heart, planted there by the Holy Spirit, are Righteousness and life - and will never be done away with.

Just as the scribes and Pharisees taught the 10 Commandments and Jesus told us to obey them in that regard, but not do as they do - as they didn't practice what they preached. Matthew 23:1-3
Nowhere in teh bible does it say that " alarge portion of the law" has been done away with and the ones in stone still stand!
Oh sure it does, Ronnie. Sure it does. Hebrews 9:10 speaks of the Law of Ordinances (the 613 ceremonial/sacrificial/carnal laws) that was done away with at Christ's Crucifixion - the time of Reformation. Yeah, thems is gone.
YOu call the ten a ministration of righteousness, Paul calls them a ministration of death! whom to believe?????? HHMM? I choose Paul.
No, on the contrary, Paul calls the 10 Commandments, that are obeyed from the heart via the Holy Spirit, the Ministration of Righteousness. It's right there in your own proof text 2 Corinthians 3:9.

So glad we could come to an understanding, Ronald.

At long last, right? :D:)

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I disagree because all you wrote was some physical facts with philosophical commentary that contradicts the plain clear Word of God.
Thank you for admitting that I posted FACTS. Did that cripple your fingers to type?

Where is my philosophical commentary? I don't see that in there.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The works of His hands are verity and judgment; all His Commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in Truth and uprightness."
Psalms 111:7-8

Who are the 10 Commandments written to?
They are written to all God's Children.

Who are God's Children? Let's see.

God is a spirit. Those who worship Him (His Children) must worship Him in spirit and in Truth.
John 4:24

Spiritual Israel are God's Children; NOT any physical/fleshly race - for "...they which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God:.."
Romans 9:8

Is God's Law a physical Law or a Spiritual Law?
"For we know that the Law is spiritual:..."
Romans 7:14

"Now therefore hearken, O Israel, unto the statutes and unto the judgments, which I teach you, (those who do them and keep them may go to heaven.)...Ye shall not add unto (them), neither shall ye diminish (them)..., that ye might keep the Commandments of the Lord your God ..."
Deuteronomy 4:1-2

NOTE: this chapter speaks nothing of the Mosaic/Ceremonial laws. It is ONLY referring to the 10 Commandments which ARE God's Law.

"And He declared unto you ... Ten Commandments; and He wrote them on tables of stone."
Deuteronomy 4:13

And what if His Children stop obeying His Commandments?

"... the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen,..."
Deuteronomy 4:27

We are living this reality today. Scattered far and wide; few and far between among the nations.

"But if from thence thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find Him, if thou seek Him with all thy heart and with all thy soul.
(This next verse is PROOF POSITIVE that the Commandments are still valid to this very day.)
When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come upon thee, even in the latter days (end times), if thou turn to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient unto His voice; (For the Lord thy God is a merciful God; ) He will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the covenant of thy fathers (10 Commandments) which He sware unto them."
Deuteronomy 4:29-31

"The works of His hands are verity and judgment; all His Commandments are sure. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in Truth and uprightness."
Psalms 111:7-8

"My covenant will I not break nor alter (forever) the thing that has gone out of My lips."
Psalms 89:34

"For I am the Lord, I change not; ..."
Malachi 3:6
"AMEN"!

Revelation 22:14KJV
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, that was a vicious attack!

I know exactly what it is and I find it gut-busting that YOU are the one making your rounds teaching everybody about it when you are the most guilty of Ad Hominem attacks I've ever seen on any Forum EVER.

You should be jailed for assault by now.

You should wear a ski mask in your Avatar.

You should be on a Government list and have to go around door-to-door informing all of your neighbors that you're an attacker.

Sober up!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for admitting that I posted FACTS. Did that cripple your fingers to type?

Where is my philosophical commentary? I don't see that in there.

Ad hominem, once again. Is that all you're capable of?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"AMEN"!

Revelation 22:14KJV
14 Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.

The ten commandments -- actually the entire Mosaic law -- apply only to those who aren't born again and have received the Spirit of Christ. Read your Bible, paying particular attention to Galatians.

Here is a brief excerpt: " And we have come to believe in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by the faithfulness of Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified." Galatians 2:16b

And another: "For through the law I died to the law so that I may live to God." Galatians 2:19

And another: "I do not set aside God’s grace, because if righteousness could come through the law, then Christ died for nothing!" Galatians 2:21

Reactions: dad

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. That passage refers to the ministration of death as glorious in verse 7 and glory in verse 9.
2. The stone Law of Commandments obeyed in legalism is death - and is done away with, but the 10 Commandments upon the heart, planted there by the Holy Spirit, are Righteousness and life - and will never be done away with.

Just as the scribes and Pharisees taught the 10 Commandments and Jesus told us to obey them in that regard, but not do as they do - as they didn't practice what they preached. Matthew 23:1-3

so you are a Jew then? But the law written in stone has been done away with.

Now you are just twisitng words around to find a way to keep them.

but let me ask you, what is your purpose for keeping the ten commandments? what do you hope to accomplish?

Romans 10
King James Version

10 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Jesus ended obedience to the law for righteousness!

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so you are a Jew then
How does anything I said make me a Jew?
But the law written in stone has been done away with.
But the 10 Commandments obeyed out of love for God are no Law.
what is your purpose for keeping the ten commandments? what do you hope to accomplish?
1 John 2:6
John 15:10
John 14:15
John 15:14
John 14:21-23
Matthew 5:19
... and many, many more.

Status
Not open for further replies.