The 144K virgins

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I dont think so either .... i think the virgins parable has to do with people who are fully ready and expecting the lord compared to the people who could care less about his return until it is too late

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
guysmith said:
Could the 144K virgins be the five wise virgins in the
parable of the ten virgins?
The 144k are the ones that will be raised in the 1st Resurrection. It will be the full
Divine Government that will be set up for the Tabernacles Age. It is the Leaders
that qualify to rule with Christ for 1000 years. 12 is the biblical number that means
Divine Government, so 12 x 12 = 144, or the complete Divine Government that will
rule in righteousness in the Ages to come.

As for as the 10 virgins 5 had understanding or light (oil to see which is the Holy
Ghost) and 5 didn't have understanding. Both were virgins by believing on the Lord,
but the second 5 didn't qualify for Leadership because they had no understanding.
So do they go to hell? I don't think so, but they will lose their reward of the better
resurrection (Hebrews 11:35).

Logabe

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
logabe said:
The 144k are the ones that will be raised in the 1st Resurrection. It will be the full
Divine Government that will be set up for the Tabernacles Age. It is the Leaders
that qualify to rule with Christ for 1000 years. 12 is the biblical number that means
Divine Government, so 12 x 12 = 144, or the complete Divine Government that will

As for as the 10 virgins 5 had understanding or light (oil to see which is the Holy
Ghost) and 5 didn't have understanding. Both were virgins by believing on the Lord,
but the second 5 didn't qualify for Leadership because they had no understanding.
So do they go to hell? I don't think so, but they will lose their reward of the better
All in Christ will be raised in 1st resurrection. To state otherwise is to place a stumbling block before the brethren.

Hebrews 11:35 can be interpreted to mean that those who held the faith did so that they might obtain the better resurrection (eternal life) instead of the worse in which they will be judged by their works.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
All in Christ will be raised in 1st resurrection. To state otherwise is to place a stumbling block before the brethren.

Hebrews 11:35 can be interpreted to mean that those who held the faith did so that they might obtain the better resurrection (eternal life) instead of the worse in which they will be judged by their works.
They were all Virgins... meaning they all believed on the Lord Jesus... meaning
they were all in Christ... meaning they were imputed righteous, but they the 5
foolish Virgins that believed on the Lord didn't allow the Holy Ghost to teach
them (John 14:26). Therefore, they remained a virgin, but they were disqualifed
to "inherit" the Kingdom of God.

The key word is inherit... the meek shall inherit the earth... but if you don't learn
meekness, you will not inherit. God still loves you, but you didn't prepare yourself
to be a Leader in the Kingdom, so you must wait until the 2nd resurrection. Only
Leaders will be raised in the better resurrection (Rev. 20:6).

Do you want someone that doesn't know how to judge a matter to rule over you
in the Tabernacles Age? I don't think so... we have that now, but when God sets
up His Kingdom, it will be with people that have learned how to judge and knows
how to love their enemy. This will give you a clue to what God will do when His
servant doesn't learn the Master's Will (Luke 12:43-46).

43 "Blessed is that slave whom his master finds so
doing when he comes.
44 "Truly I say to you that he will put him in charge
of all his possessions.
45 "But if that slave says in his heart, 'My master will
be a long time in coming,' and begins to beat the
slaves , both men and women, and to eat and drink
and get drunk ;
46 the master of that slave will come on a day when he
does not expect him and at an hour he does not know,
and will cut him in pieces, and assign him a place with
the unbelievers.

Notice when God's servant began to treat his slaves according to the carnal mind,
he disqualified himself, and God gave him his portion with the unbelievers, or he
was raised in the 2nd resurrection with the unbelievers. He gave up his birthright
just like Easu, and just like we can do, if we treat people like the world does.

What a God! What a Plan!

Logabe

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
guysmith said:
Exactly!!! Finally someone is beginning to have their eyes opened.
They are all called male because the man child's (Rev.12:5 Isaiah66:7) head is male Christ they are male and female, Jew and Gentile who have been cleansed by the Word and are restored man as Adam was both of male and female attributes until God TOOK Eve out of Adam, who was made in God's image as the ONE NEW MAN. Everything originates from God, yet all the angels are seen as men.
Luke 20:34-38
34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
37 Now that the dead are raised, even Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.
KJV

We are being birthed as angels sons of God to replace the fallen angels when we have been resurrected from out dead state unto life being formed spiritually in the womb of our mother heavenly Jerusalem.
Earthly Jerusalem is going to be ravished just after the true holy body of Christ 144,000 are caught up to God's throne to heavenly Jerusalem. These will mourn for OLD ISRAEL who's eyes grew dim(NO LIGHT/Word IN THEM being blind to the truth) for She is about to die while those who were redeemed shall inherit the Bride/Wife of the Lamb which is NEW Jerusalem who is being restored to PURITY by the Spirit in her children that are being birthed in Christ's image because they Follow the Word of God no matter where he takes them, they are FAITHFUL TO GOD'S WORD in all their doing.
Rev 14:1-5
14:1 And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
2 And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps:
3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
KJV
Isa 66:6-10
6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the LORD that rendereth recompence to his enemies.
7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
8 Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.
9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.
10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her:
KJV
Rev 12:5
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
KJV
Rev 12:13
13 And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child.
KJV

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
logabe said:
They were all Virgins... meaning they all believed on the Lord Jesus... meaning
they were all in Christ... meaning they were imputed righteous, but they the 5
foolish Virgins that believed on the Lord didn't allow the Holy Ghost to teach
them (John 14:26). Therefore, they remained a virgin, but they were disqualifed
to "inherit" the Kingdom of God.
No they will not be IN christ; they will be in a church. They will think and profess that they are in Christ, but their works will show that they deny him.

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Titus 1:16

By the spirit of the lord, I am warning you and everyone else who teaches this pernicious doctrine that you will give account to the lord in the day of judgment for any souls you have caused to stumble because of it.

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 1 Thessalonians 4:16

Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! Matthew 18:7

My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. James 3:1

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
logabe said:

Logabe

The 144,000 are Jacob the sons of God who are the holy body of Christ restored Israel. They are those who were grafted into the Olive Tree who's Roots are in Christ the Tree of life the True Vine and together with the natural believing Jews these too make up RESTORED Israel being born in the natural from Jew Leah and Rachel and Gentile servants mothers.. yet by one FATHER BEING GOD.

Those who were not found Mature in Christ will go through the GT for the 3-1/2yrs of the GT and will have to be martyred or make it to the end without displaying the mark of a Beast. They will go to a place prepared by God at first to be fed spiritually for maturity and physically along with the Jews who will then have their eyes opened, but then they will be handed over to be killed.

Rev 13:7-10
7 And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
9 If any man have an ear, let him hear.
10 He that leadeth into captivity shall go into captivity {IF YOU LEAD OTHERS TO SINFUL BEHAVIOR KEEPING THEM CAPTIVE TO SIN, SO SHALL YOU BE LED INTO CAPTIVITY TO SIN}: he that killeth with the sword must be killed with the sword. Here is the patience and the faith of the saints.

IF YOU KILL WITH A PHYSICAL SWORD (WEAPON OF ANY KIND FOR WAR OF A PHYSICAL COUNTRY OR ANY REASON) YOU SHALL BE KILLED THE SAME WAY FOR WE REAP WHAT WE HAVE SOWN IN OUR LIFE.

AND IF YOU USE YOUR SPIRITUAL sWORD TO KILL THE FLESH OF SIN(SPIRITUAL SENSE),YOU WILL DIE BY THE SAME sWORD OF THE SPIRIT THAT HAS PUT TO DEATH YOUR SINFUL MAN, EVEN THOUGH YOU WILL BE PUT TO PHYSICAL DEATH FOR YOUR FAITH, BY SINFUL MAN.
KJV

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
The proper way to understand the "virgins" analogy is to know and understand the Jewish custom of engagement , and how the bride (virgin) waits for her husband (bridegroom) , just before the wedding.

There is an excellent teaching somewhere by a Jewish-Christian who explains the Jewish virgin-lamp-bridegroom-wedding and compares it to our future marriage to Christ and the wedding banquet we will all have with Christ.

I do not have the teaching at my fingertips .... if anyone here does ... please post it.

very enlighten and the parable of the virgins becomes crystal clear

===================

This is not the one I was looking for ..... but here is a good short video that compares the similarities of the Jewish wedding to Christ and the church

We should remember that Jesus was speaking to Jews in Matthew .... and they understood his wedding teachings better than we do today .... very enlightening for us to know better what Jesus meant using wedding parables .... Chuck Missler gives a quick 6 minute overview here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Pp5zbQO46U

=====================

Nancy Missler gives some insight into the Jewish wedding preparations and alludes to the virgin bride being prepared for the groom and having her lamp filled with oil
http://www.khouse.org/articles/2011/987/print/

=====================
Some more ....

The ten virgins part 1 http://www.khouse.org/articles/2011/990/
The ten virgins part 2 http://www.khouse.org/articles/2011/999/
The ten virgins part 3 http://www.khouse.org/articles/2011/1003/

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Problem with how those on the Pre-Trib Rapture are using the idea of a Jewish wedding feast is they mistake the children of the bridechamber (His Church - Luke 5) as His Bride (Jerusalem - Rev.21).

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
guysmith said:
(No I dont think so) .... another thing to consider is that the 144k did not defile themselves with women .... so they must be male virgins

This also refutes the concept that somehow the 114k is the christian church .... if that was the case all the women and girls would be left out.

My speculation has always been that the wise and foolish virgins represent actual Christians (wise and prepared virgins) versus folks who have an awareness of the importance of being a christian but .... "haven't gotten around to it yet"

I think one of the important teachings here is not to wait until the bridegroom is on His way ..... it is too late ..... the door is shut .... the same analogy was given about Noah's ark .... God shut the door and it was too late for anyone to enter .... I bet there were a lot of people standing in the rain wishing they were on the ark

The left-behind virgins could very well become the Christians who go thru the trib and are beheaded

guysmith

Nov 12, 2007
Miami, FL
veteran said:
Problem with how those on the Pre-Trib Rapture are using the idea of a Jewish wedding feast is they mistake the children of the bridechamber (His Church - Luke 5) as His Bride (Jerusalem - Rev.21).
I wouldn't have put it quite that way, but this is the second statement you have recently made that I agree with.

IAmAWitness

Nov 7, 2012
What has to be considered is why the oil went out in the lamps of the second five. The oil clearly went out because they may have considered the arrival of the bridegroom as coming earlier than when it properly would occur. Therefore, they were unwise in not having the ample supply of oil so that as the oil was burning low and the bridegroom did not arrive then we could allude back to the evil servant who began saying "My Lord delayeth his coming." AND, the seed which fell among thorns. "He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful."

They were willing to wait for some time for the arrival of the bridegroom. But when he did not arrive at the time they expected they scurried and scampered for oil, also taking care to go about like it was business as usual. The bridegroom later did arrive but only much later then the foolish virgins expected.

The bridegroom did not arrive Sunday of the week. It was seven days later the following Sunday when he arrived. Day after day they waited, the more they started giving into the lusts of the world. So that when he arrived seven days later, he could truly say to them, "I never knew you."

Those of you who still subscribe to the pre-tribulation rapture doctrine should at least consider the possibility that you are wrong. And if you are wrong then what are you going to do when you are sitting here during the Apocalypse in taking measures to stay protected.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
guysmith said:
I wouldn't have put it quite that way, but this is the second statement you have recently made that I agree with.
There is Biblical inferrance to a wedding between Christ's Church and our Lord Jesus, but our Lord Jesus never used the actual Israel wedding feast order applied to it. Look at Isaiah 54 where one of the OT symbols comes from applying the idea of chaste virgins to those who wait on The LORD. That symbolic Scripture is also... placing the lands of Judea in that espousal sense. So I'm not totally against the idea being applied to us as symbolic 'virgins' waiting for our Lord's coming, but He has shown us the real marriage of Rev.21 is between Him and the New Jerusalem, the land.

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
IAmAWitness said:
What has to be considered is why the oil went out in the lamps of the second five. The oil clearly went out because they may have considered the arrival of the bridegroom as coming earlier than when it properly would occur. Therefore, they were unwise in not having the ample supply of oil so that as the oil was burning low and the bridegroom did not arrive then we could allude back to the evil servant who began saying "My Lord delayeth his coming." AND, the seed which fell among thorns. "He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful."
They were willing to wait for some time for the arrival of the bridegroom. But when he did not arrive at the time they expected they scurried and scampered for oil, also taking care to go about like it was business as usual. The bridegroom later did arrive but only much later then the foolish virgins expected.
The bridegroom did not arrive Sunday of the week. It was seven days later the following Sunday when he arrived. Day after day they waited, the more they started giving into the lusts of the world. So that when he arrived seven days later, he could truly say to them, "I never knew you."
All of the virgins slumbered and slept, which means they died a physical death.

The wise virgins overcome the world. When they are resurrected they will have eternal life (holy spirit, oil) within them.

The foolish virgins are overcome by the world. When they are resurrected they will still be dead in their sins and have no eternal life (holy spirit, oil) within them.

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
I think this scripture, the parable of the virgins ,speaks of falling away, & either clinging to Christ & His mercy unto holiness, or not, & is not directed to the 144,000, but to the Church, the Born Again true Church.

This scripture was spoken over a Church of God; Born Again believers...once Virgins.

"These things says He who has the seven Spirits of God and the seven stars: “I know your works, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead.
Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die, for I have not found your works perfect before God.

Remember therefore how you have received and heard; hold fast and repent. Therefore if you will not watch, I will come upon you as a thief, and you will not know what hour I will come upon you!"...Jesus

And..................“I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot. 16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.

Because you say, ‘I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked— I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

... As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent. Behold, I stand at the door and knock."

We are in the midst of the Great Falling away...with many, many deceptions pouring down upon us a truth....OSAS extreme Grace doctrines that speak of permissiveness, Commanding God for Blessing, & considering God as the Great Blesser when His desire is the Great Transformer, Conforming His Children into His very own Nature. THIS requires a CROSS that we must bare...

Take Up the Cross and Follow Him
"Then He said to them all, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will save it."

These are THE WISE VIRGINS...who continue in His Word, & lose their life daily to find His; & overcome to be saved. You will not be saved if you do not overcome, no matter if you were once a brother or a sister...or if you have allowed yourself to be given over to the flesh, or have deceived yourself in various Religious systems that lead you to believe that submitting to men & their orders, you will be saved..[ Pulpit/Pew Christianity?]....WE MUST BARE FRUIT! or we will be cut down. God gives GRACE.

There will be a LOT more than the 144,000 Wise Virgins....
A Multitude from the Great Tribulation.

After these things I looked, and behold, a great multitude which NO ONE COULD NUMBER, of all nations, tribes, peoples, and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, saying, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”

THESE ARE THE WISE VIRGINS WHO HAVE OVERCAME THE WORLD, THEIR OWN SATANIC NATURES, & THE DEVIL....& LOVED NOT THEIR OWN SELFISH LIVES UNTO DEATH....

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
No they will not be IN christ; they will be in a church. They will think and profess that they are in Christ, but their works will show that they deny him.

They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate. Titus 1:16

By the spirit of the lord, I am warning you and everyone else who teaches this pernicious doctrine that you will give account to the lord in the day of judgment for any souls you have caused to stumble because of it.

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day. John 6:40

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 1 Thessalonians 4:16

Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! Matthew 18:7

My brethren, be not many masters, knowing that we shall receive the greater condemnation. James 3:1
Will you please explain 1st Cor. 3:15 for me.

Logabe

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
logabe said:
Will you please explain 1st Cor. 3:15 for me.
Every work that a true believer does will be subject to the judgment of GOD; and the believer will receive, or not receive, a reward based on the merit of every work.

Every work done in the flesh will amount to nothing:

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. Matthew 12:36

The word idle above means worthless, of no use. If a Christian does something in servitude to Christ (in his mind) that does not originate from the spirit, that work will be judged as worthless by Christ, and as Paul described it, burned up. For example, someone gives something to a poor person, not because he has compassion in his heart, but because he wants to be well thought of by those in his church, or perhaps because he is not resting is Christ's atonement and thinks that giving is a work that will justify him before GOD. The person thinks that he is being holy, but Christ will reveal his heart motive in the judgment and reject it.

However, everything done through the spirit will receive praise and reward from Christ because it honored the truth. For example, someone gives something to a poor person secretly because he has compassion in his heart and doesn't want to be tempted by the praise of men. Christ will honor that good work before all men and reward as he sees fit in the judgment.

logabe

Aug 28, 2008
Every work that a true believer does will be subject to the judgment of GOD; and the believer will receive, or not receive, a reward based on the merit of every work.

Every work done in the flesh will amount to nothing:

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. Matthew 12:36

The word idle above means worthless, of no use. If a Christian does something in servitude to Christ (in his mind) that does not originate from the spirit, that work will be judged as worthless by Christ, and as Paul described it, burned up. For example, someone gives something to a poor person, not because he has compassion in his heart, but because he wants to be well thought of by those in his church, or perhaps because he is not resting is Christ's atonement and thinks that giving is a work that will justify him before GOD. The person thinks that he is being holy, but Christ will reveal his heart motive in the judgment and reject it.

However, everything done through the spirit will receive praise and reward from Christ because it honored the truth. For example, someone gives something to a poor person secretly because he has compassion in his heart and doesn't want to be tempted by the praise of men. Christ will honor that good work before all men and reward as he sees fit in the judgment.
That's a good reply... what reward do they miss?

Logabe