The 1st century way to be saved via water and Spirit baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was not water baptized in Acts 2:38.
Do you realize this?
Neither where any in the "upper room:., yet they all were filled with the Spirit of God.....except for Peter, who had already received it in John 20:22.

And when you read that, take note that He was not water baptized to receive it.

So, anytime you want to end the Jehovah's Witness, "Cult of the Virgin', nonsense that teaches that Water is what God requires to save you, then free to stop.
After all, why teach a lie on a Christian forum?
Peter did not obey Peter per this?...

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

......the Apostles were "rules for thee and not for me" like democrats today?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter was not water baptized in Acts 2:38.

So, anytime you want to end the Jehovah's Witness, "Cult of the Virgin', nonsense... that teaches that Water is what God requires to save you, then free to stop.
After all, why teach a lie on a Christian forum?
This is a lie?....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Or, are modernists telling us a whopper?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is this a red flag to Peter or modernists?
Its real simple really . Whatever JESUS and the apostels taught and did , we DO .
Thus let us examine real closely the house of cornelious .
I would first like to say this about cornelious . Notice that He did much good works
and many alms . And His alms had come up as a remembrance unto GOD . The man actually believed in the one true GOD .
but notice something , HE STILL had to hear the gospel and believe in order to be saved .
Now onward to this as well .
Notice that peter witnessed the Baptism of the HOLY GHOST fall upon them
for they too had spoke with tongues . And i sure seem to notice peter also said , DO WE HAVE ANY WATER
that these too may be baptized as we were .
Sounds to me like they must have seen great importance in being water baptized .
Now before anyone says , BUT HEY this water baptism only applies to jews , not gentiles or etc .
WRONG . The house of cornelious was GENTILE . THUS let us simply be hearers and DOERS of the word .
ITs real simple . IF the early church did it , WE DO IT .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its real simple really . Whatever JESUS and the apostels taught and did , we DO .
Thus let us examine real closely the house of cornelious .
I would first like to say this about cornelious . Notice that He did much good works
and many alms . And His alms had come up as a remembrance unto GOD . The man actually believed in the one true GOD .
but notice something , HE STILL had to hear the gospel and believe in order to be saved .
Now onward to this as well .
Notice that peter witnessed the Baptism of the HOLY GHOST fall upon them
for they too had spoke with tongues . And i sure seem to notice peter also said , DO WE HAVE ANY WATER
that these too may be baptized as we were .
Sounds to me like they must have seen great importance in being water baptized .
Now before anyone says , BUT HEY this water baptism only applies to jews , not gentiles or etc .
WRONG . The house of cornelious was GENTILE . THUS let us simply be hearers and DOERS of the word .
ITs real simple . IF the early church did it , WE DO IT .
It looks to me like this person obeys Acts 2:38 like the 3000 at Pentecost did.

He is saved per Peter.

Good man!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It looks to me like this person obeys Acts 2:38 like the 3000 at Pentecost did.

He is saved per Peter.

Good man!
You mean saved PER JESUS . Peter was simply a holy man who taught and delivered the glorious truth of our glorious Lord JESUS .
As were them all and later paul and all the lambs who do believe . We all have a duty to point to no other but Christ
and to always correct error lest the error leaven up the place to the full .
Hearers and doers of the glorious word , of the teachings of Christ and of the apostles .
But beware , for many now sit high all over christendom and they are leading all right into a massive delusion to beleive a lie .
DO not enter into covenant with a harlot . DO not sit at her table of compromise , though she calls it love and unity and we are one .
FOR it has abandoned the very gospel and truth of our LORD and savoir and thus its no unity we can have unity with and it sure aint love at all .

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would Peter agree with this?...

In harmony with (Acts 3:19; 10:43-47; 11:17,18) yes he would. But Peter would not agree with false religions and cults.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean saved PER JESUS . Peter was simply a holy man who taught and delivered the glorious truth of our glorious Lord JESUS .
As were them all and later paul and all the lambs who do believe . We all have a duty to point to no other but Christ
and to always correct error lest the error leaven up the place to the full .
Hearers and doers of the glorious word , of the teachings of Christ and of the apostles .
But beware , for many now sit high all over christendom and they are leading all right into a massive delusion to beleive a lie .
DO not enter into covenant with a harlot . DO not sit at her table of compromise , though she calls it love and unity and we are one .
FOR it has abandoned the very gospel and truth of our LORD and savoir and thus its no unity we can have unity with and it sure aint love at all .
Let me clarify. You obeyed Jesus via Peter via Acts 2:38.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let me clarify. You obeyed Jesus via Peter via Acts 2:38.
Actually i never heard peter say it . The HOLY GHOST had me to be baptised .
How bout this . IF the early church did it we do it . And i did read what they said . The Holy Ghost had me later get water baptized
It was lovely too . It was in the lake . I still remember the day . I also remember the day i had recieved the baptism of the Holy Ghost .
It was even before i had been water baptized . Like the house of cornelious . Then later i was truly led to also be water baptized .
IF the early church taught and did it , then we teach and do it . Its just that simple . Being hearers and doers of the Word .
And all things HE taught as are honey to the taste and heart of a lamb .
And now i leave us with this reminder ........LET THE GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED AND THANKED .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In harmony with (Acts 3:19; 10:43-47; 11:17,18) yes he would. But Peter would not agree with false religions and cults.
You got that right , not peter or paul , james , jude or any would agree with false teachers nor false doctrine .
So on that note , we better not a one of us sit at that table of unity with RCC that so many are now running too .
Cause that aint the RIGHT DIRECTION .

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why didn't you include Acts 2:38, 4:12, 8, 10 and 19 per baptism incidents?

Shall I?

I shall....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost....

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved....

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)...

48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord....

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Question, when you heard this did you get baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus or not?

Probably not.

You are not an Acts follower.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shall I?

I shall....

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost....

12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved....

16 (For as yet he was fallen upon none of them: only they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.)...

Question, when you heard this did you get baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus or not?

Probably not.

Let all who name the name of JESUS embrace all things and do all things that HE and later the apostels would do and teach .
its just that simple .

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Shall I?

I shall....

Probably not.

The only logical conclusion when properly harmonizing scripture with scripture is that faith in Jesus Christ implied in genuine repentance (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:8,9; 16:31; 26:18) *Perfect Harmony*

I was baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually i never heard peter say it . The HOLY GHOST had me to be baptised .
How bout this . IF the early church did it we do it . And i did read what they said . The Holy Ghost had me later get water baptized
It was lovely too . It was in the lake . I still remember the day . I also remember the day i had recieved the baptism of the Holy Ghost .
It was even before i had been water baptized . Like the house of cornelious . Then later i was truly led to also be water baptized .
IF the early church taught and did it , then we teach and do it . Its just that simple . Being hearers and doers of the Word .
And all things HE taught as are honey to the taste and heart of a lamb .
And now i leave us with this reminder ........LET THE GLORIOUS LORD BE PRAISED AND THANKED .
You obeyed Acts 2:38 without reading it?

You da man!

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only logical conclusion when properly harmonizing scripture with scripture is that faith in Jesus Christ implied in genuine repentance (rather than water baptism) brings the remission of sins and the gift of the Holy Spirit. (Luke 24:47; Acts 2:38; 3:19; 5:31; 10:43-47; 11:17,18; 15:8,9; 16:31; 26:18) *Perfect Harmony*

I was baptized in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19)
What is the name of the son, Dan?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You obeyed Acts 2:38 without reading it?

You da man!
Actually i had read it , as i had been by grace reading that bible over and over again .
And i would be convicted . I knew it had to be done . And it was joyous to do it .
I read it the Holy Ghost convicted and planted it on my heart .
Truth is the HOLY GHOST put it on my heart to be a hearer and a doer of What JESUS and those apostles taught .
God is GOOD . But many have decieved themselves into finding ways around being a hearer and a doer .
And that my friend is NOT GOOD . FOR if we have the HOLY GHOST His teachings are on our hearts
and are not heavy , grievious . THEY JOY to our heart and HE gives us JOY and HAPPINESS and PEACE to all who hear and obey .
My question is , or my statment is , i dont think many have the HOLY GHOST , i think many
have some head knowledge and follow certain teachers . BUT if one has the HOLY GHOST , WELL they would be hearers and doers
not omitters of things JESUS taught and said or the apostels taught and said . I hope this helps all to
reconsider things and to pray to GOD and really dig into those bibles well .

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
This is a lie?....
Or, are modernists telling us a whopper?

Listen..

Is today the Day of Pentecost 2000 yrs ago?.......thats Acts 2.
Are you a JEW, in the house of Israel, being preached to by Peter, who is speaking in the Gift of Tongues? That is Acts 2.
Did Jesus call Peter to be a "chosen vessel" in the time of the gentiles........so that He would teach the body of Christ this..>""The Gospel of the Grace of God'. = NO !
NO !
NO !

Do you not know that Peter did not have this Gospel yet, that Paul was given by Christ, LATER?
Do you see Peter, in Acts 2, talking about "faith is counted as righteousness'....>"Justification by Faith"?
Do you know why PAUL is the : 'Apostle to the Gentiles", in the 'Time of the Gentiles' and Peter is Not ?
Do you know why in 2nd Peter, .....Peter said of Paul's LETTERS, = that become most of the NEW TESTAMENT, after all the Apostles are DEAD.....Peter said of Paul's LETTERS at that time when reading them and sharing them, ...that they are equal to the TORAH, and are "SCRIPTURE">..... SEE....that is an Apostle, talking about Paul's letters that he had in his hand, ...= PETER is equating them, as EQUAL to the parchments, the TORAH, that JESUS USED to READ in the TEMPLE.
This is PETER, talking about PAUL's LETTERS.... and Paul was not one of the original 12.

This is why Paul refers to HIS Gospel 3 times in the NT....as ..."MY GOSPEL"....as it not about water and it is NOT what Peter was preaching.
This is why Paul told YOU....>"Christ sent me NOT to Water Baptize".

Here is one more for you, truther.
Peter could not Preach, in ACT 2 what Paul gave to the BODY OF CHRIST later, as the Gospel of Grace, which is..>"The Gift of Salvation", and "The Gift of Righteousness"
See those 2?
That is Paul's Gospel that Jesus gave him personally.... that is THE Gospel in the "time of the Gentiles"....as Paul is the "GENTILE APOSTLE".

Now... a smart student in my class who is paying close attention... raises His hand and says to me....>"Why didnt Peter preach this Gospel in Acts 2.... that Jesus Gave PAUL....later".

A.) when you dont know it yet, you can't preach it.

B.) When you dont know it yet, you can't teach it.

C.) This is why Peter is talking about JOHN The Baptist's (old Testament) WATER Baptism, so much in Acts 2.....as that is because that is all he knew to preach AT THAT TIME, ON THAT DAY.

LATER, he is not preaching that message anymore.....and that is because PAUL taught Him the GOSPEL that we use today......which is..."The Gospel of the GRACE of GOD".

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually i had read it , as i had been by grace reading that bible over and over again .
And i would be convicted . I knew it had to be done . And it was joyous to do it .
I read it the Holy Ghost convicted and planted it on my heart .
Truth is the HOLY GHOST put it on my heart to be a hearer and a doer of What JESUS and those apostles taught .
God is GOOD . But many have decieved themselves into finding ways around being a hearer and a doer .
And that my friend is NOT GOOD . FOR if we have the HOLY GHOST His teachings are on our hearts
and are not heavy , grievious . THEY JOY to our heart and HE gives us JOY and HAPPINESS and PEACE to all who hear and obey .
My question is , or my statment is , i dont think many have the HOLY GHOST , i think many
have some head knowledge and follow certain teachers . BUT if one has the HOLY GHOST , WELL they would be hearers and doers
not omitters of things JESUS taught and said or the apostels taught and said . I hope this helps all to
reconsider things and to pray to GOD and really dig into those bibles well .
You speak as a fired up brother in Christ with the Holy Ghost, speaks.

I like that!

Reactions: amigo de christo

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Listen..

Is today the Day of Pentecost 2000 yrs ago?.......thats Acts 2.
Are you a JEW, in the house of Israel, being preached to by Peter, who is speaking in the Gift of Tongues? That is Acts 2.
Did Jesus call Peter to be a "chosen vessel" in the time of the gentiles........so that He would teach the body of Christ this..>""The Gospel of the Grace of God'. = NO !
NO !
NO !

Do you not know that Peter did not have this Gospel yet, that Paul was given by Christ, LATER?
Do you see Peter, in Acts 2, talking about "faith is counted as righteousness'....>"Justification by Faith"?
Do you know why PAUL is the : 'Apostle to the Gentiles", in the 'Time of the Gentiles' and Peter is Not ?
Do you know why in 2nd Peter, .....Peter said of Paul's LETTERS, = that become most of the NEW TESTAMENT, after all the Apostles are DEAD.....Peter said of Paul's LETTERS at that time when reading them and sharing them, ...that they are equal to the TORAH, and are "SCRIPTURE">..... SEE....that is an Apostle, talking about Paul's letters that he had in his hand, ...= PETER is equating them, as EQUAL to the parchments, the TORAH, that JESUS USED to READ in the TEMPLE.
This is PETER, talking about PAUL's LETTERS.... and Paul was not one of the original 12.

This is why Paul refers to HIS Gospel 3 times in the NT....as ..."MY GOSPEL"....as it not about water and it is NOT what Peter was preaching.
This is why Paul told YOU....>"Christ sent me NOT to Water Baptize".

Here is one more for you, truther.
Peter could not Preach, in ACT 2 what Paul gave to the BODY OF CHRIST later, as the Gospel of Grace, which is..>"The Gift of Salvation", and "The Gift of Righteousness"
See those 2?
That is Paul's Gospel that Jesus gave him personally.... that is THE Gospel in the "time of the Gentiles"....as Paul is the "GENTILE APOSTLE".

Now... a smart student in my class who is paying close attention... raises His hand and says to me....>"Why didnt Peter preach this Gospel in Acts 2.... that Jesus Gave PAUL....later".

A.) when you dont know it yet, you can't preach it.

B.) When you dont know it yet, you can't teach it.

C.) This is why Peter is talking about JOHN The Baptist's (old Testament) WATER Baptism, so much in Acts 2.....as that is because that is all he knew to preach AT THAT TIME, ON THAT DAY.

LATER, he is not preaching that message anymore.....and that is because PAUL taught Him the GOSPEL that we use today......which is..."The Gospel of the GRACE of GOD".
Listen....Pentecost is still happening today.

You absolutely must obey Acts 2:38 to be admitted into their church.

If not, you join a different church.

Not the true church, but a faux "church".

It's your life, not mine.

I must make it perfectly right for my salvation.

I don't let modern ministers tickle my ears.