The 2 Levels of Holiness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not blaming you...but you are a product of the modern way of thinking. You are unable to learn because you have been taught a superficial "truth" that stops anything else from going in. It's a very effective way to stop people from going deeper in their walk in the Lord.

This isn't about stopping something that's wrong...but going on to perfection. One must discern the devil's ploy to make the good the enemy of the perfect. The devil uses the human reasoning of making everything either good or bad.

I'm not going to try convincing you anyway. Only God takes a person to a deeper place. If you don't believe or refuse....that's up to you.

Wow. Swami speaks.

There is no perfection on the earth, our spirits are 100% clean but our bodies are a sinful as ever.

Perfection will not be achieved until glorification at the resurrection and rapture.

Total sanctification is a false teaching.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not blaming you...but you are a product of the modern way of thinking. You are unable to learn because you have been taught a superficial "truth" that stops anything else from going in. It's a very effective way to stop people from going deeper in their walk in the Lord.

So this IS what I am to you.

So then rather than respond to me, you prefer to marginalize me by characterizing my arguments according to some stereotype.

That's sure healthy for good discussion! Not!

I'm responding with Scripture and Scripturally based assertions. At least that is my intent.

You're answer above can be an effective way to intimidate people from pursuing lines of discussion that you do not have another answer to.

I'm a product of my times. It's not not my fault! So sad! He just can't understand!

Hmmm.

Oh, reading on . . .

One must discern the devil's ploy to make the good the enemy of the perfect. The devil uses the human reasoning of making everything either good or bad.

Now I'm the devil's playground!

And you've never even met me!

Much love!
Mark

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem unfamiliar with the way of Jesus Christ . The door is narrow....and so is the way. These are 2 different things.

The way of Christ is only a familiar concept with those who have walked on it.

The way is the old expression for the path or road. The door is the entry to the destination.

I walked the path for 58 years. Obviously you have not.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re-read the OP. You are making this about true or false. If you drive a car...does that mean you no longer are able to ride a bike? See how your modern reasoning goes? You are not being logical...never mind biblical here.

There you go again with a mystical babble.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re-read the OP. You are making this about true or false. If you drive a car...does that mean you no longer are able to ride a bike? See how your modern reasoning goes? You are not being logical...never mind biblical here.

We have to back to the beginning again?

Oh boy.

OK, let's try a different way:

2 Peter 1:2-4
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

I have to admit, hard to not underline all . . .

God has by His power given us everything that pertains to life and godliness. He has done this through the knowledge of Him. We have His promises - His commitment to us - and through these promises we share in His nature, and we have escaped the corruption that is in the world.

God has by His power given us everything that pertains to life and godliness. What is lacking that need to be filled by your experience?

Oh, you may not know yet what it's like to consistently walk in the Spirit, but all you need to do is believe, and you can. It's all yours for the believing. And then we can live it.

Much love!
Mark

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
We have to back to the beginning again?

Oh boy.

OK, let's try a different way:

2 Peter 1:2-4
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

I have to admit, hard to not underline all . . .

God has by His power given us everything that pertains to life and godliness. He has done this through the knowledge of Him. We have His promises - His commitment to us - and through these promises we share in His nature, and we have escaped the corruption that is in the world.

God has by His power given us everything that pertains to life and godliness. What is lacking that need to be filled by your experience.

Oh, you won't know what it's like to consistently walk in the Spirit, but all you need to do is believe, and you can. It's all yours for the believing. And then we can live it.

Much love!
Mark
Ppl on lsd beleive they can fly too I guess

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Are you comparing faith in God's Word with drug induced psychosis?

Belief IS like this. Faith is something else.

If I say...do you believe you can walk outside today? You would probable say yes. Then I can ask you. So what did you see/experience in your walk? Then you would be able to tell me (if you wanted) what you saw.

Now in that same way I ask you...do you believe you are you seated in heavenly places in Christ? You would again probably say yes. But when I asked you what you see or saw there...you would become defensive...which proves it isn't faith at work...but beliefs.

Can your mind handle this? ;)

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The bible is about people who have experienced God. Not people who have a set of beliefs about God.

Stephen looked up and saw God in heaven...so he said "I see"

But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

Stephen testified to something he was seeing. Was it imagination? No.

So I ask...what have you seen or presently see? What is by faith and what is mere human beliefs?

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bible is about people who have experienced God. Not people who have a set of beliefs about God.

Stephen looked up and saw God in heaven...so he said "I see"

But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. "Look," he said, "I see heaven open and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God."

Stephen testified to something he was seeing. Was it imagination? No.

So I ask...what have you seen or presently see? What is by faith and what is mere human beliefs?

So it is not for people seeking God?

How can you know and experience God without having beliefs about God?

While I have seen and experienced is a different issue from what the Bible is, how salvation works, etc.

Now you're sounding Gnostic.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Belief IS like this. Faith is something else.

If I say...do you believe you can walk outside today? You would probable say yes. Then I can ask you. So what did you see/experience in your walk? Then you would be able to tell me (if you wanted) what you saw.

Now in that same way I ask you...do you believe you are you seated in heavenly places in Christ? You would again probably say yes. But when I asked you what you see or saw there...you would become defensive...which proves it isn't faith at work...but beliefs.

Can your mind handle this? ;)

Can my mind handle this? Can yours? ;)

You are comparing my belief in my ability to walk outside with my belief in Scripture?

But when I asked you what you see or saw there...you would become defensive...which proves it isn't faith at work...but beliefs.

If you will to answer for me, why do I need post?

Why do so many attack the person instead of answer the argument?

Meanwhile, this difference between belief and faith is not a Scriptural distinction. Belief is Faith. Look at the words in Greek.

So . . . according to you . . . belief in God is like a drug induced psychosis.

I hardly know what to say to that.

Except that, this is not true. And you should know that. The words in James show that.

Your stories of walking around outside and all aside . . . the fact is, we receive every spiritual blessing in Christ, which happens when we are born again.

There is no 2nd Holiness that we reach when we've become initiated into the mysteries.

Much love!
mark

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah well plenty of instances of the term "rapture" in the Bible already I guess; why associate it with "anywhere but here?"

“Rapture”
Proverbs 10:30-31
[30] The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth. [31] The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue shall be cut out.

Romans 10:4-10
[4] For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth. [5] For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them. [6] But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above [7] Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.) [8] But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; [9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. [10] For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

“Signifieth the removal of those things that are shaken” ...”that those things which cannot be shaken may remain.” .

Hebrews 12:27-29 And this word , Yet once more, signifieth the removing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remain. [28] Wherefore we receiving a kingdom which cannot be moved, let us have grace, whereby we may serve God acceptably with reverence and godly fear: [29] For our God is a consuming fire.

“...receiving a Kingdom which cannot be moved,...”